What would make you change your mind?

• 1 Replies
What would make you change your mind?
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
It seems that whenever a good pro-RE argument is presented, the majority of FEers either ignore it or turn to sarcastic comments and insults.
So instead, I want to ask a question which any FEer should be able to answer: What evidence would you need to change your mind and accept that the Earth is round?

Poko

Re: What would make you change your mind?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
Playing for team reality, I'll give you my answer for what would convince me that the world is flat. I want a single coherent model that explains constant downward acceleration, why the surface of Earth appears to curve downwards but actually doesn't, and how the celestial bodies move in the sky (I'm looking for a mathematical description, something we can use to predict the future positions of celestial bodies.). This model also needs to explain and predict these things more accurately than the scientific model.

I want you to explain it to me like the government brainwashed NASA shill I am. Walk me through every step of the way. I want experimental and mathematical rigor. I need to be able to do the calculations, then go take my observations and have my observations match my calculations.

And before JRowe shows up, DET is not a coherent model.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi