Is the moon a hologram??

• 8 Replies
Is the moon a hologram??
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:07 PM »
Could the moon be a hologram? I've doing some reading on Flat Earth Society Beliefs, and while many have come to the conclusion that the moon is indeed round, that fact confuses me. If the moon is round, why couldn't NASA have landed a man onto it? Wouldn't it make more sense for the moon to be a hologram? There are even videos coming to the same conclusions, such as this one: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Is the moon a hologram??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
If the moon is a hologram how do you explain that the ancients prior to modern technology saw it?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »
I sincerely hope you are not being serious.LOL

The moon has been around a bit longer than holograms......and certainly  longer than NASA.

Suggestion for the FES.:
 Why don't you pick on The United States Navy as your arch-enemy and teller of all lies instead of NASA ?
When I was in the Navy I can think of all kinds of things to de-bunk just all of the so-called "flat earth theories."
And........You know how sailors are about those "sea stories" !
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
Could the moon be a hologram? I've doing some reading on Flat Earth Society Beliefs, and while many have come to the conclusion that the moon is indeed round, that fact confuses me. If the moon is round, why couldn't NASA have landed a man onto it? Wouldn't it make more sense for the moon to be a hologram? There are even videos coming to the same conclusions, such as this one: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
It is a bit hard to imagine a hologram being able to reflect radar signals.
Quote from: Wikipedia
History
The moon is comparatively close and was detected by radar, soon after the invention of the technique, in 1946.
Measurements included surface roughness and later mapping of shadowed regions near the poles.
The next easiest target is Venus. This was a target of great scientific value, since it could provide an unambiguous way to measure the size of the astronomical unit, which was needed for the nascent field of interplanetary spacecraft. In addition such technical prowess had great public relations value, and was an excellent demonstration to funding agencies.

Of course 1946 was before NASA and before the Flat Earth Society (or whatever dregs were there at the time) decided the very idea of Space was a hoax. The hoax idea was not invented till around 1962 (if I remember my FE history correctly) when photos of the earth started appearing proving that the earth was not flat!

It is very significant that the radar measure of the distance to this  ;D hologram  ;D agreed pretty well with the accepted figure from astronomers! And it was NOT 5,000 km!

<<typo!!>>

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »
If the moon is a hologram how do you explain that the ancients prior to modern technology saw it?
Because it's not a man made projection.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:04:11 PM »
Because it's not a man made projection.

So aliens made it or something?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 07:17:12 AM »
Are ridiculous questions like this common around here?

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
Are ridiculous questions like this common around here?

No, usually the questions are quite sensible and the answers are ridiculous.