Sick of Round Earth Trolls? Want to talk with fellow Believers?

• 25 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Then you probably want to be added to the FE Believers group! We have a sub-forum where roundies are simply not allowed to enter.

In the past we had a council of people that would assess whether or not someone was a true flatist. Now its just me. Send me reasonable proof showing your beliefs (it does pain me to do this) and I'll let you in.
Quantum Ab Hoc

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
Re: Sick of Round Earth Trolls? Want to talk with fellow Believers?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
Then you probably want to be added to the FE Believers group! We have a sub-forum where roundies are simply not allowed to enter.

In the past we had a council of people that would assess whether or not someone was a true flatist. Now its just me. Send me reasonable proof showing your beliefs (it does pain me to do this) and I'll let you in.

Hey man.
Put me down on the guest list.

Proof ?
I have seen the coast line (that is the water level) much further than 4 miles away,
The resident squatters knee jerk involuntary reaction is to squawk "refraction" yet never mention refraction can sink or elevate, widen or shorten a view.
Having done the experiment (like many others) numerous times in numerous conditions I have only ever witnessed shimmer.

the institutionalised echo chamber will claim observable repeatable experimentation is quite the outrage.

I too am sick of the desperate hate filled regurgitists,
Didn't realise there was a place where the institutionalised foot soldiers where denied the chance to troll.

(did I mention I also have doubts the moon can move whole oceans yet other much smaller and nearer objects are seemingly unaffected by this magical phenomena ?
Probably best not to mention it due to the sharp increase of bad language and a frenzy of cut and paste )

;D
"How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It's not easy to become sane."

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:46:48 AM »
Great!

Future requests for access should be directed as a message to me though =-).
Quantum Ab Hoc

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »
Well, actually we are able to enter.  We just aren't able post. 

On the plus side, I imagine that it would be nice to get some activity in the least active board on the site.  :P
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:32:18 PM »
Oh fantastic! One massive circlejerk of FE'ers where none of them will be the first to admit that they are actually all trolling. Like the Emperor's New Clothes, but without the little boy pointing out that there are no clothes at all.
Mr Davis, this will get very boring for most of them very quickly, because the whole point of why they proclaim FE belief is in order to annoy the roundies and snigger about how they look like convincing believers. With nobody to laugh at, the joke falls flat.
Don't say I didn't warn you, when all you're left with is Sandokhan and his endless copypasta, and possibly Hoppy sitting on a bucket playing "Oh Lord Won't You Buy Me A Mercedes Benz" on his rusty harmonica. Actually, scratch that, Hoppy is only on the forum so he can hurl insults.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »
Neil, the Believers forum is not new.  It has been there for a decade.  Do you have anything constructive to add, ever? 

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »
Neil, the Believers forum is not new.  It has been there for a decade.  Do you have anything constructive to add, ever?

A live debate section. And don't rig it.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:03:52 PM »
It will be nice to post on a board where idiots are not allowed to. :)
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »

We've had live debates in IRC in the past.  I would not mind doing this, if someone sets it up. 

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:38 PM »

We've had live debates in IRC in the past.  I would not mind doing this, if someone sets it up.

Is there an IRC anymore? The only one seems to be for tfes.org
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
I do enjoy the irc chat at tfes.org. I don't think we have plans to implement this anytime soon, and they are a great bunch of folks.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »

Is there an IRC anymore? The only one seems to be for tfes.org

That one is the only active one I know of.  If anyone ever wants a live debate, I will be happy to do so when I am at home. 

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »

UUUGGGHHH

THE CRINGE

IT HURTS
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 03:52:09 PM »

This is quite literally the best piece of over-his-own-head irony that Hoppy has ever posted.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 11:16:12 AM »
I'm sure there are other sites that can be used for a live debate. Chat rooms etc. Didn't JRowe set one up? I'm sure I remember something like that.

Honestly though, I'm sympathetic to the FEers. let them develop a model before you tear it down: otherwise you'll never achieve anything. Believers is needed for them to put together their best shot, then it can be debated elsewhere. They deserve a place to talk without being mobbed.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »

Meaning informed debate is frowned upon. Education is scary.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »

Meaning informed debate is frowned upon. Education is scary.

If that were true, then we would not have a debate section.  ::)

You roundies simply think every section is a debate forum, even though we have one that specifically if called "Flat Earth Debate Foum."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 07:42:24 PM »
You roundies simply think every section is a debate forum, even though we have one that specifically if called "Flat Earth Debate Foum."
You think that what goes on here is debate? ???

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:52 PM »
You think that what goes on here is debate? ???
Don't be mean! Let them have their Flat Earthers Mutual Admiration Society.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »

I could - if I wished to - post at least twenty quotes from the Q&A section where you are either provoking or engaging in debate yourself.
And before you sneer that you could do the same with me, or any other poster - we're not moderators. You can't say we should know better.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 01:54:11 AM »
Hi Im new, 2 Questions please. 

The "Results of my study" is obvious spam. theres not one fact and the guy is obviously trolling to waste peoples time. You don't have to meditate to think abstractly and the guy posts 50 posts saying he will meditate and post results, but never posts a single fact, so how is that post allowed to be there?

here is an example of a non-troll post:
If the Earth is a spinning ball, and daylight hours are about 12 hours, then  when the earth gets to the other side of the sun, would not it be in the Dark during that 12 hours? Would every one not have to flip their clocks from am to pm?... except it would be gradual over the 6 months revolving around the sun, so the 12 hour period would gradually get darker and darker until the whole 12 hour period when the Earth is on the other side of the Sun would be darkness.

there is nothing like that in the "Results of my study" post, why is it allowed to be there? Its like its trying to waste peoples time.

Also why is this site so slow to load pages? its just about the slowest site on the internet, and that's not an exaggeration.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:00:15 AM by Jay1 »

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 04:55:33 AM »

The "Results of my study" is obvious spam. theres not one fact and the guy is obviously trolling to waste peoples time. You don't have to meditate to think abstractly and the guy posts 50 posts saying he will meditate and post results, but never posts a single fact, so how is that post allowed to be there?

The reason is that nobody goes in there, and nobody reads the posts in there, because the whole point of the FES is to wind up RE'ers and frustrate them. No RE'ers, no joke, no reason to go there. This adds weight to my post earlier in this thread.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 06:42:31 AM »

The reason is that nobody goes in there, and nobody reads the posts in there, because the whole point of the FES is to wind up RE'ers and frustrate them. No RE'ers, no joke, no reason to go there. This adds weight to my post earlier in this thread.

Dinosaur Neil,  That doesn't make any sense. Are you trolling? How about this, why not answer my little question instead of whatever that jargon was you just posted?

If the Earth is a spinning ball, and daylight hours are about 12 hours, then  when the earth gets to the other side of the sun, would not it be in the Dark during that 12 hours? Would every one not have to flip their clocks from am to pm?... except it would be gradual over the 6 months revolving around the sun, so the 12 hour period would gradually get darker and darker until the whole 12 hour period when the Earth is on the other side of the Sun would be darkness.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 08:00:54 AM »

Dinosaur Neil,  That doesn't make any sense. Are you trolling? How about this, why not answer my little question instead of whatever that jargon was you just posted?

You asked why a spammy post was allowed to remain there. I gave you the answer, in plain English, not jargon. My answer is accurate and relevant. I have no wish to answer your other question which is why I edited it out of the quote. Now piss off.

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
Dinosaur Neil, I asked you to answer the other question too, you should probably let the pros debate because you sound like a little kid and/or troll.

Can anybody ELSE answer this:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:09:50 AM by Jay1 »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
Dinosaur Neil, I asked you to answer the other question too, you should probably let the pros debate because you sound like a little kid and/or troll.

Can anybody ELSE answer this:

Of course someone can answer your question.  You just need to ask it in the appropriate discussion board.  Unfortunately this isn't one of them.