Does anyone on this forum have visual proof that the Earth is flat?

• 40 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Does anyone on this forum have visual proof that the Earth is flat?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »
What math do you want?  I can show RE'ers presenting math were they claim that if the Earth accelerated at a constant rate, it would eventually reach or exceed the speed of light, lol.  Oh, wait, was that you making that claim?  ::)

Then show us the math that proves constant acceleration does not mean an increase in velocity .

What?  Who said it does not mean an increase in velocity?  You are simply using Newtonian Physics to solve a Relativist problem.  You are thinking to yourself that the speed of light is just a number, and there for it is obtainable.  I know that you have no understanding of Relativity, like that Rabinoz guy who tried unsuccessfully to use time dilation to prove the Earth can't be flat, but you can not use the same formulae to calculate speeds approaching the speed of light as you do when calculating a trip to Yellow Stone.  If you want the proper formulae, then I will be happy to furnish you with them; however, I doubt you would understand them, much less be capable of punching them into a calculator.

I understand more than you think I do. What you are saying is the velocities approaching c is relative to the observer, in this case Earth. We are watching the edge of the known universe expanding at .9c which would seem to mean that the "west" half  is moving away from the "east" half at 1.8c. We both know that is impossible.

But it still means that we, under UA would be approaching 99.9999999c And the math says we would notice if of only because of the Redshift.

Unless you are saying  the ENTIRE universe is involved in UA.

99.9999999c is a very, very large number.  Rabinoz would be proud of you for finding another incomprehensible number for him.  lol.  But no. 

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
What math do you want?  I can show RE'ers presenting math were they claim that if the Earth accelerated at a constant rate, it would eventually reach or exceed the speed of light, lol.  Oh, wait, was that you making that claim?  ::)

Then show us the math that proves constant acceleration does not mean an increase in velocity .

What?  Who said it does not mean an increase in velocity?  You are simply using Newtonian Physics to solve a Relativist problem.  You are thinking to yourself that the speed of light is just a number, and there for it is obtainable.  I know that you have no understanding of Relativity, like that Rabinoz guy who tried unsuccessfully to use time dilation to prove the Earth can't be flat, but you can not use the same formulae to calculate speeds approaching the speed of light as you do when calculating a trip to Yellow Stone.  If you want the proper formulae, then I will be happy to furnish you with them; however, I doubt you would understand them, much less be capable of punching them into a calculator.

I understand more than you think I do. What you are saying is the velocities approaching c is relative to the observer, in this case Earth. We are watching the edge of the known universe expanding at .9c which would seem to mean that the "west" half  is moving away from the "east" half at 1.8c. We both know that is impossible.

But it still means that we, under UA would be approaching 99.9999999c And the math says we would notice if of only because of the Redshift.

99.9999999c is a very, very large number.  Rabinoz would be proud of you for finding another incomprehensible number for him.  lol.  But no.

In other words you can't disprove my math
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
This will be the very last time I waste a lot of time accommodating idiots who demand answers to a list of questions, Neil.  I don't know why you people feel the need to be rude by demanding I waste my time on things like this.  This is not a test; the site is for civilized discussions and rolling out a list as long as your arm does not make for a civilized discussion.  If any more thoughts pop into your little head, ask them one at a time. 

1. Navigation, specifically how inertial navigation systems work on a flat earth.

Inertial navigation is a joke.  It is so inaccurate that it must be constantly corrected for using another navigation method.

2. Neutrinos, specifically observations of solar neutrinos which appear to have passed through the earth.

Scientists have no way to identify individual neutrinos.  They have no way of knowing where the neutrino originated from or what it has passed through.  They detect a neutrino and conclude that it must have passed through the Earth.  This is not science, it is speculation and assumption. 

3. Surveying, specifically why the horizon viewed through a theodolite is below horizontal level from any appreciable altitude.

Theodolites can not see what is on the other side of the horizon, dummy. 

4. Maps, specifically why it appears to be impossible to produce a functional FE map but very easy to produce a functional RE map.

Who said it is impossible to produce a functional FE map?  All maps, after all, are flat.

Why should you waste your time explaining them? Because you claimed that FET could explain them.
But instead, you came up with :
1. Claiming that a tried and tested and commonly used system of navigation does not, in fact, work at all. Even your excuse that it has to be cross checked against other navigational methods (which is a distortion of the truth - it's more that several methods are often used in parallel in many types of navigation) that would simply result in people not using INS because they'd notice it being wrong all the time! Verdict: no FET explanation given.

2. Ignoring what it observed matching exactly what is predicted if neutrinos were to emanate from the sun - or indeed any other man-made source of neutrinos. Yes, you can't be CERTAIN that any individual neutrino originated from any particular source... just like you can't be certain that if you roll a dice 1000 times and it comes up 6 every time, that the dice is loaded... probability says that can happen, right? Verdict: no FET explanation given, just a dismissal of experimental evidence.

3. Here, you simply ignored the question and gave a non-sequitur answer. Irrelevant. Verdict: no FET explanation given.

4. If the earth was flat, it would be impossible to produce a functioning globular map. Yet some have been produced, and they work. If globular maps work, then flat maps can't work, therefore FET cannot explain maps.

You'd think, given the twenty seven thousand posts and years of your sad little life you've spent here, that you'd be able to do a little better. Good grief, even people like Papa Legba argue better than you.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »

I am still curious to know what math you used to get a result that is almost 100 times the  speed of light.  Please, enlighten us. 

Round and Proud

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 04:11:01 PM »

I am still curious to know what math you used to get a result that is almost 100 times the  speed of light.  Please, enlighten us.

I guess I missed something in my accounting classes; Since when is 99% of a number 100 times the sum of that same number?
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »

I guess I missed something in my accounting classes; Since when is 99% of a number 100 times the sum of that same number?

You did not say 99%.  You said 99c.  That is 99 times the speed of light.  ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Looks flat to me...  :-*
Off topic, ;D "Does anyone on this forum have visual proof that the Earth is flat?;D doesn't count!

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »
I do! I looked out across my local Walmart parking lot and it was completely flat...because its so big it should have a curve...so the earth must be flat.

I'm certain your question was rhetorical. Of course there is no evidence. This is all one big hoax.

Round and Proud

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 04:23:01 AM »

You did not say 99%.  You said 99c.  That is 99 times the speed of light.  ;D

Get better reading glasses. I just read through my posts on this thread and I used 99.999999 with the exception of ONE post were I used .9c and the sum of its double 1.8 in which I clearly stated the sum was impossible.

But nice try. Seriously, if I had "forgotten" the decimal, anyone that knows enough math to understand percentages would have realized it was a simple error of fat fingers on the keyboard.

Either way it still boils down to UA is impossible for the reason and math presented.

?

Deostructor

• Round Earther.
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 01:50:20 PM »
Sorry, but I would like to say you people are way off the subject.
"You still didn't prove that the Earth is flat ya twats!"
-Deostructor (while editing his forum profile)

The Earth is round.

Round and Proud

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »
Sorry, but I would like to say you people are way off the subject.

No argument form me.  Once I made the point FET left.