Oxford University Research on Large Scale Conspiricy Secrecy Maintenance.

• 9 Replies
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:59:02 PM by TigerWidow »

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
But what if the researches themselves are part of the conspiracy?/s
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Why would you believe everything that a government funded entity tells you?

?

palmerito0

Why would you believe everything that a government funded entity tells you?
*Slow clap* 30 mins to repeat what I just said.

Because it's peer-reviewed and published in a major journal which upholds high standards of quality. Not only that, the journal itself is mostly funded by fees for publishing articles and subscriptions I believe.

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
My prediction is that within six months you will a Flat Earth moderator- a most excellent response. Well done and bravo!
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

?

palmerito0

/s = sarcasm

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

So I guess none of you looked at the mathematical model behind the predictions, or the predictions, and none of you want to talk about the implications these have to the flat earth conspiracy then?

So I guess none of you looked at the mathematical model behind the predictions, or the predictions, and none of you want to talk about the implications these have to the flat earth conspiracy then?
Of course not. It goes against their FE model so it can't be right. Give then difinitive and conclusive evidence to support the RE, and they'll tell you it's been altered by some agency to keep us fooled. They constantly claim that pictures and videos cannot be used as proof for either model, yet the only "proof" I've seen supporting their FE is all networked information, and a vast portion contain videos and images.  Of course the videos and images that they refer to are not tampered with and 100% prove the earth is flat so there's no debate to be had with these people really. Numbers and any form of non biased support for the RE has all been fabricated and cannot disprove the FE. Because the earth is flat. Doesn't matter what thousands of years of human learning and advancement in technology has given us, the idea that the earth is round, no matter what evidence we give to support that, the earth is flat. Get it? Kind of like trying to explain to the wall that it's just a wall and it can't go outside to play with Tommy down the street after dinner. It knows it's just a wall, just wants to be different from all the other walls and live outside the confines of its own kind. So it dismisses all evidence you provide supporting your claims that its just a wall, because if its just a wall, then why the fuck are you talking to it? That's what we're dealing with in these debates. Lunacy and willful ignorance to feasible explanation.
“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
-Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
My prediction is that within six months you will a Flat Earth moderator- a most excellent response. Well done and bravo!
Rude.

But anyway, on the OP, it's not the best example. It's entirely possible to claim the conspiracies that were the source of the data are in fact outliers: we obviously don't know anything about successful conspiracies, or how long they last.
Plus it depends on the model. The conspiracy can be minimized, or compartmentalized. For example, if NASA are faking space travel, they wouldn't necessarily know ESA are too: and it's possible to have unwitting helpers. I remember seeing one person make the argument that the civilians who've been to space still think space travel's fine and possible, there are just insurance issues or something with bringing them up: NASA or whichever agency's responsible just give them a few trick photos to show their friends and family etc.
All depends on the model you're arguing against. Extreme conspiracy theorists would call the data based on outliers and so unreliable: more minor ones would actually have a fairly minimal conspiracy.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Ridiculous.  This is paranoia at its zenith.  A conspiracy of the scale of your so-called RE conspiracy is simply impossible to maintain.  Every conspiracy eventually is cracked by an insider.  Whether or not the whistle blower succeeds is another issue but in the case of the FE conspiracy none of us have ever heard of a credible expert who has come clean on this topic. Not one.  Just a bunch of wack-jobs and burn outs.  Is there a credible scientist or astronomer that has come clean?  IF the FE is so self-evident then how is it possible that it is not easily measurable or that insiders wouldn't see the fallacy?  This is because the earth is round, plain and simple.