rebuttle to "rebuttle to its a conspiracy"

• 46 Replies

midgard

« on: December 01, 2006, 10:19:27 AM »
You can't prove a conspiracy doesn't exist so don't try. It's that simple.

The best you can do is be glad when your argument forces a FE'er to play the conspiracy card.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 10:27:11 AM »
We are all aware of that.  The real topic is how rational that theory really is, and the answer is not at all.  The Earth being flat is too much to cover up and  there are absolutely no benefits to covering it up.  None.

midgard

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:28:52 AM »
Quote from: "mbrooksay"
The real topic is how rational that thought really is.

Why does it matter if the thought is rational or not? Are you saying that geniuses have never been touched by a mental illness? How does it being a rational thought add one way or the other to the Flat Earth vs. Round Earth debate?

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
The real topic is how rational that thought really is.

Why does it matter if the thought is rational or not?

Because it has an effect on your overall theory...?

midgard

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:34:21 AM »

How does the rationality of a Conspiracy have any affect on whether a conspiracy exists or not?

Any conspiracy would seem irrational... until it was proved to be true.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »

How does the rationality of a Conspiracy have any affect on whether a conspiracy exists or not?

Any conspiracy would seem irrational... until it was proved to be true.

The theory of a flat Earth, not the theory of a conspiracy, dipshit.

The more outrageous and irrational a conspiracy becomes, the less it becomes accepted.  

How many Flat Earthers have actually convinced somebody the Earth is round?

midgard

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
The theory of a flat Earth, not the theory of a conspiracy, dipshit.

Again, how so? By saying that the conspiracy is irrational doesn't make it non-existent. Also, by saying that FE'ers are irrational for believing in a conspiracy doesn't make the Flat Earther theory any less credible.

Which brings me back to the original point of this thread: there is no point in debating about conspiracy.

The Conspiracy is an irrational belief but it doesn't make it non-existent or refute Flat Earth in anyway.

As you can't disprove The Conspiracy there's no point in trying to. Why don't you search elsewhere for evidence that the Earth is round rather NASA's photos and satellites?

The more outrageous and irrational a conspiracy becomes, the less it becomes accepted.

I'm sure the Conspiracy are happy about that.

How many Flat Earthers have actually convinced somebody the Earth is round?

Don't you mean flat? ...now who's being irrational?

Re: rebuttle to "rebuttle to its a conspiracy"
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 11:03:55 AM »
You can't prove a conspiracy doesn't exist so don't try. It's that simple.

The best you can do is be glad when your argument forces a FE'er to play the conspiracy card.

i cant prove it doesnt exsist, but i can make the argument that there is absolutely no point in there being one, sdo why would there be?

the government not wanting people to know whats on the other side ofd the earth? seriously, thats just ridiculous.
uh, your all idiots.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »
I know I'm being nitpicky, but it's "rebuttal."

Buttle shuttle is the only thing that I can think of when I see these two threads.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »
Quote from: "Ebolorama"
i cant prove it doesnt exsist, but i can make the argument that there is absolutely no point in there being one, sdo why would there be?

the government not wanting people to know whats on the other side ofd the earth? seriously, thats just ridiculous.

Just because the government doesn't share its reasons with you doesn't mean they don't have any.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »
hahah cheers.

now theres proper grammer in us picking apart their stupid arguments.

(unless i type too fast then cant be bothers to go back and change it)
uh, your all idiots.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 02:08:47 PM »
Quote from: "Ebolorama"

Actually, you can't. All you can do is make the argument that you can't think of a point in there being one.
Heck, I can't think of a reason for the universe to exist. I'm still not going to say there isn't one.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

RyanDoobyNarc

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"

Actually, you can't. All you can do is make the argument that you can't think of a point in there being one.
Heck, I can't think of a reason for the universe to exist. I'm still not going to say there isn't one.

However, he was arguing that there was no reason for something to exist (the conspiracy) and it isn't proven as existing. Your example I just quoted is saying you have no reason for something that very obviously and blatantly exists. Under your theory I could say "I don't understand why dogs exist, therefore my dog doesn't exist." Your argument was a fallacy because your example did not have the same criteria as his argument.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 03:05:34 PM »
Quote from: "RyanDoobyNarc"
However, he was arguing that there was no reason for something to exist (the conspiracy) and it isn't proven as existing.

If Earth is flat, the conspiracy is proven to exist.

My example was simply to demonstrate that something can exist, even if I can't think of a reason for it to exist.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
Quote from: "RyanDoobyNarc"
However, he was arguing that there was no reason for something to exist (the conspiracy) and it isn't proven as existing.

If Earth is flat, the conspiracy is proven to exist.

My example was simply to demonstrate that something can exist, even if I can't think of a reason for it to exist.

But we know for a fact that the universe does exist.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

beast

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 05:03:46 PM »
I think ultimately it's just pointless to debate the conspiracy.  The conspiracy is derived from the fact that we know that the Earth is flat.  If everybody, round Earther and flat Earther alike, considers for a moment that the world actually is flat, it should be clear to you that there must be a global conspiracy hiding the shape of the Earth.  So if you want to disprove the conspiracy, you have to disprove the flat Earth because the shape of the Earth is the evidence that the conspiracy exists, and if you think about it, I'm sure you'll see that if that evidence is true, it is pretty conclusive in respect to the conspiracy.

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 05:52:23 PM »
Quote from: "beast"
I think ultimately it's just pointless to debate the conspiracy.  The conspiracy is derived from the fact that we know that the Earth is flat.  If everybody, round Earther and flat Earther alike, considers for a moment that the world actually is flat, it should be clear to you that there must be a global conspiracy hiding the shape of the Earth.  So if you want to disprove the conspiracy, you have to disprove the flat Earth because the shape of the Earth is the evidence that the conspiracy exists, and if you think about it, I'm sure you'll see that if that evidence is true, it is pretty conclusive in respect to the conspiracy.

Actually, you can just disprove the conspiracy to disprove flat earth.That's why the conspiracy is there, to patch the holes of FE.  And there is no evidence of a global conspiracy, nor is it logical to accept it just because YOU  tell us that the earth must be flat.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 05:53:35 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Actually, you can just disprove the conspiracy to disprove flat earth.That's why the conspiracy is there, to patch the holes of FE.  And there is no evidence of a global conspiracy, nor is it logical to accept it just because YOU  tell us that the earth must be flat.

That isn't why the conspiracy is there at all. It's there as a natural consequence of the FE theory. Nothing more.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

That isn't why the conspiracy is there at all. It's there as a natural consequence of the FE theory. Nothing more.

No, natural consequences are not simply unlikely phenomenons that you decide to accept because your theory can't hold without it.

You think the earth is flat, you see pictures of the earth so you conclude that you were wrong and the earth is really a sphere.

What FE does is, you think the earth is flat, you see pictures of the earth, at this point, instead of coming to the logical comclusion, you decide that you can't be wrong, and that it must be the rest of the world that's conspiring.

This is not objective at all.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »

...natural consequences are not simply unlikely phenomenons that you decide to accept because your theory can't hold without it.

Neither is the conspiracy.

What FE does is, you think the earth is flat, you see pictures of the earth, at this point, instead of coming to the logical comclusion, you decide that you can't be wrong, and that it must be the rest of the world that's conspiring.

No, what FE does is, we discover that Earth is flat, and cannot possibly be round, then see pictures of Earth, and realize that they must be fake.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »

...natural consequences are not simply unlikely phenomenons that you decide to accept because your theory can't hold without it.

Neither is the conspiracy.

No, what FE does is, we discover that Earth is flat, and cannot possibly be round, then see pictures of Earth, and realize that they must be fake.

I'm not aware of any flat earth discovery. The only man who ever claimed to, had his experiments fail suddenty as soon as there was an observer. What a strange coincidence.

I also have no knowledge of anyone going to space and returning with stories of a flat earh, so how exactly did you discover it?

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »

I'm not aware of any flat earth discovery. The only man who ever claimed to, had his experiments fail suddenty as soon as there was an observer. What a strange coincidence.

I also have no knowledge of anyone going to space and returning with stories of a flat earth, so how exactly did you discover it?

That wasn't my point. My point is that if Earth is flat (which the FE's know it to be), than anyone who says otherwise is mistaken or lying. The government says otherwise.

And, obviously, if Earth is not flat, anyone who says so is not mistaken or lying.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 07:31:04 PM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"
But we know for a fact that the universe does exist.

Yep, and its existence is completely independant of the fact that I can't think of a reason why it exists.

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 08:15:46 PM »

I also have no knowledge of anyone going to space and returning with stories of a flat earth, so how exactly did you discover it?

That wasn't my point. My point is that if Earth is flat (which the FE's know it to be), than anyone who says otherwise is mistaken or lying. The government says otherwise.

And, obviously, if Earth is not flat, anyone who says so is not mistaken or lying.

Yes but then there's no point to it. It still points back to a question.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 08:19:07 PM »

There's no point that we know of. It is perfectly possible that we simple haven't discovered the motive yet.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:47 PM »

There's no point that we know of. It is perfectly possible that we simple haven't discovered the motive yet.

No, I meant there's no point to the statment. It starts with an if, then make a conclusion but  no one agrees on the answer to that if (no on on this forum)

And by the way, at what point can the conspiracy be proven wrong if all lack of evidence points to an actualy possibility (in your opinion).

We're lucky the justice system doesn't work that way.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 08:35:44 PM »

No, I meant there's no point to the statment. It starts with an if, then make a conclusion but  no one agrees on the answer to that if (no on on this forum)

Ah, my apologies, I'm trying to watch MASH reruns and type at the same time, and it isn't working out too well.

I agree, there really isn't any point to any statement made about the conspiracy. Since its existence or nonexistence is simply dependent on whether or not the FE model is correct.

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 09:09:23 PM »

Ah, my apologies, I'm trying to watch MASH reruns and type at the same time, and it isn't working out too well.

I agree, there really isn't any point to any statement made about the conspiracy. Since its existence or nonexistence is simply dependent on whether or not the FE model is correct.

OMG, M.A.S.H. still plays.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »
quote="dantheman40k"]But we know for a fact that the universe does exist.[/quote]

Actually, we don't.
The only evidence for the existence of the universe is that we can sense it. And we have no evidence that we should trust out senses.
Descartes' theories sum it up pretty well.
ny Conspiricy without a secret society more than 1000 years old isn't worth thinking about

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
Quote from: "Oliwoli"
Actually, we don't.
The only evidence for the existence of the universe is that we can sense it.

i was going to agrue that what you said about basing our belief that the universe exists because we can sense it was too vague, but having thought about it over and over i came to realise that sensing the universe describes it perfectly.

all i can say is - you know that you yourself exist, right? and you can see that other stuff exists, right? the sheer fact that we exist proves that the universe exists because it has to. everything around you is in the universe.  just because the universe, as a whole, cannot be described in a fathomable way doesn't mean its non-existant.  its the very real concept of the universe, however that can be comprehended.
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?