Total Members Voted: 20

What shape is the Earth?

• 27 Replies
?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
What shape is the Earth?
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:41:32 AM »
I'm pretty new to this forum; I've only been here for a couple of days. From reading all of the threads here, the number of round earthers seems to outnumber the flat earthers. I made this pol just to find out what the people that don't post very often think.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Re: What shape is the Earth?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »
A few of us RE'ers have converted to the "donut" earth model. We've done all the measurements and proven our theories because that is the most parsimonious explanation...

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
A few of us RE'ers have converted to the "donut" earth model. We've done all the measurements and proven our theories because that is the most parsimonious explanation...

Lies, aether predicts right angles, the Earth is clearly a square. Possibly 4 squares.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »

Lies, aether predicts right angles, the Earth is clearly a square. Possibly 4 squares.
False.  The earth is a hemisphere, where the flat part is our side, and the rest is cheese, the same material the moon is made of.  Cheese is the universal attractor.  :P
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 01:38:26 PM »
I'm pretty new to this forum; I've only been here for a couple of days. From reading all of the threads here, the number of round earthers seems to outnumber the flat earthers. I made this pol just to find out what the people that don't post very often think.
Simply put the earth (or the terrestrial plane) is a disc. The celestial sphere is that which is above the terrestrial plane. The objects are held in place and moved about by the aether and the Aetheric Wind which both holds the celestial objects and moves them about and hold them in place (through the Aetherial Whirlpool).

The disc and the aether (which exists in a gradient that increases in density from the terrestrial plan upwards) are constantly accelerating at 32/f/s/s.
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

?

palmerito0

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 01:49:30 PM »
Simply put the earth (or the terrestrial plane) is a disc. The celestial sphere is that which is above the terrestrial plane. The objects are held in place and moved about by the aether and the Aetheric Wind which both holds the celestial objects and moves them about and hold them in place (through the Aetherial Whirlpool).

The disc and the aether (which exists in a gradient that increases in density from the terrestrial plan upwards) are constantly accelerating at 32/f/s/s.

Would you mind using meters when talking about acceleration? Also the correct notation would be 9.8 m/s2.

Also, something can't accelerate indefinitely.

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »

Would you mind using meters when talking about acceleration? Also the correct notation would be 9.8 m/s2.

Why- you have an aversion to inches, feet, pounds, pound force, foot pounds, furlongs, rods, or rankine? I don't.

I really do get a chuckle out of your ROUNDERS- you say "well the earth cannot accelerate indefinitely" but then the rounders will say "Oh my the universe has been expanding and accelerating outwards for 8 BILLION years" the way one might say "I think I will stop at the village pub for a pint". So it is okay for the Universe to accelerate for 8 billion years (and to keep on accelerating) but for the disc earth to constantly accelerating - that is somehow not plausible?
You do see how ludicrous that is - I suppose you probably don't since most rounders who post here seem to be in possession of nothing but anger (most but not all I might add). 

OH and I can hear the question "And what is causing the acceleration and where it is accelerating to?"

I could ask the same about the supposed "universe" - "what caused it to expand and where is it expanding?" but, why, that would be just crazy! ::)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:20:21 PM by Sir Richard »
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 04:58:17 PM »
Before some Square Earther jumps in:
Quote from: Rev 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
Does this make me doubt the Bible - NO, I accept it as symbolic!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 05:11:20 PM »

Why are objects just above the earth (up to at least the height we can send rockets) not subject to the same accelerating force and just float?

No, don't tell me - it just does - in other words magic!

What is the almost infinite energy source for this acceleration? The orbits of the satellites, and planets in the globe model do not need a continual energy input to power them - inertia is all it takes.

By the way when I have mentioned Sir Robert Scott's South Pole expedition (as in "Yes Virginia, there really is a South Pole") I was told that being a "Sir" he was one of the "Establishment" and hence not to be trusted.
So, better scrub that "Sir Richard" moniker and become just plain "Dick"!
You might get better accepted!

?

Woody

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »

I thought Newton's view on aether was to explain refraction and diffraction.

I have only read Opticks so that may be the reason.

Here is his closing for a letter he sent to Robert Boyle:

"From this supposed gradual subtilty of the parts of aether some things above might be further illustrated and made more intelligible; but by what has been said, you will easily discern whether in these conjectures there be any degree of probability, which is all I aim at. For my own part, I have so little fancy to things of this nature, that had not your encouragement moved me to it, I should never, I think, have thus far set pen to paper about them. What is amiss, therefore, I hope you will the more easily pardon in"

http://www.orgonelab.org/newtonletter.htm#sthash.La1cO6uX.dpuf

The original letter is held in the Cambridge University Archives, but all the sources I found were the same.

Seems to me Newton had more doubt about aether and his thoughts on it then you do about yours.  He knew he did not have enough evidence to say it was true, but asking if there was any probability of it being true.  At least sometime during 1679.

I also seem to think you feel stuff he wrote is being hidden or purposefully made hard to find.  Do you think like most hypothesis and theories that the ones that get disproved, have experiments that can not be accurately reproduced or fail to make accurate predictions get discarded? 

That his work that was proven right time and time again would not be the most popular and readily available?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:28:19 AM by Woody »

?

ItsRoundBitch

• NASA is Awesome
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »

RETARD ALERT - Its called fucking inertia.

Why- you have an aversion to inches, feet, pounds, pound force, foot pounds, furlongs, rods, or rankine? I don't.

I really do get a chuckle out of your ROUNDERS- you say "well the earth cannot accelerate indefinitely" but then the rounders will say "Oh my the universe has been expanding and accelerating outwards for 8 BILLION years" the way one might say "I think I will stop at the village pub for a pint". So it is okay for the Universe to accelerate for 8 billion years (and to keep on accelerating) but for the disc earth to constantly accelerating - that is somehow not plausible?
You do see how ludicrous that is - I suppose you probably don't since most rounders who post here seem to be in possession of nothing but anger (most but not all I might add). 

OH and I can hear the question "And what is causing the acceleration and where it is accelerating to?"

I could ask the same about the supposed "universe" - "what caused it to expand and where is it expanding?" but, why, that would be just crazy! ::)
The earth is round Faggot.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 02:53:24 AM »

Liar.  You have been here for almost two weeks.  How can we trust anything you say when you even lie about how long you have been here? 

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 05:05:14 AM »
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

Every book I have read about the shape of the Earth was shaped like a rectangle. Each page is its own individual rectangle. This is true for all books, even the Bible.

How can a rectangle book teach about a circular earth, it makes no sense. I defy anyone to post a a map of the Earth that does not have 4 right angles.

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 05:46:29 AM »

http://www.orgonelab.org/newtonletter.htm#sthash.La1cO6uX.dpuf

The original letter is held in the Cambridge University Archives, but all the sources I found were the same.

Seems to me Newton had more doubt about aether and his thoughts on it then you do about yours.  He knew he did not have enough evidence to say it was true, but asking if there was any probability of it being true.  At least sometime during 1679.

I also seem to think you feel stuff he wrote is being hidden or purposefully made hard to find.  Do you think like most hypothesis and theories that the ones that get disproved, have experiments that can not be accurately reproduced or fail to make accurate predictions get discarded? 

That his work that was proven right time and time again would not be the most popular and readily available?

Much of his work has been buried and is simply not available, or made available, more aptly. With regards to aether although he refers to it directly in his questions about light refraction- it directly impinges on the "gravitational attraction" since light must be pushed (or pulled) by something. Well that something is aether.  And that same something is what light travels through and what pushes, holds, or pulls the celestial bodies.

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 05:55:50 AM »

Why are objects just above the earth (up to at least the height we can send rockets) not subject to the same accelerating force and just float?

No, don't tell me - it just does - in other words magic!

What is the almost infinite energy source for this acceleration? The orbits of the satellites, and planets in the globe model do not need a continual energy input to power them - inertia is all it takes.

By the way when I have mentioned Sir Robert Scott's South Pole expedition (as in "Yes Virginia, there really is a South Pole") I was told that being a "Sir" he was one of the "Establishment" and hence not to be trusted.
So, better scrub that "Sir Richard" moniker and become just plain "Dick"!
You might get better accepted!

But you see science simply begs more questions?  What is gravity- EXPLAIN it to me- you cannot- or you will say it is space- time being warped by mass but what is space time I ask- you reply (perhaps) oh it is made of strings... (strings of what I ask?)- and then explain the strings? - oh those strings are made of vibrating quanta- what is quanta and what make them vibrate I ask... oh energy you say- and what is the source of that boundless energy I ask... and you cannot answer it.

This is my point- your paradigm blinds you to the same questions you ask of the FE- there are some questions for which we have no answers- I don't know what is making the earth accelerate in my theory- just as you don't know or cannot explain exactly WHAT space time continuum is composed of -

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:35:03 AM »
i find funny how FE only accept 1 model when they call themselves so ""open mind""

what if earth is a cube?
what if theres 5 giant Elephants under turtles like in the indian mythology?

but no earth can only by flat.

?

palmerito0

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 06:37:29 AM »

Liar.  You have been here for almost two weeks.  How can we trust anything you say when you even lie about how long you have been here?

That's not too long, and I have a bad sense of time. I don't understand how this affects my credibility. G'day to you sir.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »

That's not too long, and I have a bad sense of time. I don't understand how this affects my credibility. G'day to you sir.

I am sorry to see ad hominem attacks regardless of their source. I am also saddened (literally) by posters being told to perform sexual acts on themselves. Personally I believe that most rounders are simply misguided and have been steered into their pre-supposition of a round earth. They are not liars or criminals- but unfortunately, in this age, it seems when we cannot make someone agree with our point of view we must hurl insults and verbal attacks.

My view is that the one who attacks and insults is the loser of the debate.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 07:26:47 AM »
Little known fact: the world is a rhombicuboctahedron.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »

Come now. The earth is really a giant icecream sandwich with an aetherial gelato center...

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »

Lies, the aether predicts right angles, rhombicuboctahedron has too many wrong angles.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »

Come now. The earth is really a giant icecream sandwich with an aetherial gelato center...
I can see you subscribe to JRoweSkeptic's Dual Flat Earth Theory! Lots of Aether there to keep you happy!

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 12:00:17 AM »

I can see you subscribe to JRoweSkeptic's Dual Flat Earth Theory! Lots of Aether there to keep you happy!

I'm definitely starting to become a Rubikscubian...it's a Euclidian take on Newtonian physics since the aether rotates under the sides of the anti-gravitational cuboid.  Makes sense to me...therefore it must be so. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 02:18:03 AM »

Lies, the aether predicts right angles, rhombicuboctahedron has too many wrong angles.
It has 72 right angles, that's more than your silly rectangle.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »

I was pretty proud of my right - wrong angle pun...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:15 AM »

I was pretty proud of my right - wrong angle pun...

But it was factually inaccurate  :o

?

Art

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 10:11:47 AM »

Well do the same with something you know to be a sphere like a beach ball with a pattern on it.

Every book I have read about the shape of the Earth was shaped like a rectangle. Each page is its own individual rectangle. This is true for all books, even the Bible.

How can a rectangle book teach about a circular earth, it makes no sense. I defy anyone to post a a map of the Earth that does not have 4 right angles.
RET:0 - FET:0

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 06:24:14 PM »

Well do the same with something you know to be a sphere like a beach ball with a pattern on it.

Lies, beach balls are not spheres because water can not curve. The beach ball would roll across the water.