Atheism

• 472 Replies
Re: Atheism
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 10:59:21 PM »
Well if the argument is bullshit, you won't mind if I shoot you in the head then. Since your lack of existence is just as good as your existence...

Censors please note: I do not literally mean to threaten this idiot. Rather, I am compelled to display his stupidity clearly. Please do not take the first paragraph literally.

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »
Well if the argument is bullshit, you won't mind if I shoot you in the head then. Since your lack of existence is just as good as your existence...

Censors please note: I do not literally mean to threaten this idiot. Rather, I am compelled to display his stupidity clearly. Please do not take the first paragraph literally.

Cute. But if you wanted to show anyone that I was stupid, actually adressing my arguments might have helped.

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 12:15:15 AM »
I did, asshole. Your arguments have been addressed by me saying that your death should not be relevant to you, since existence is no more significant than nonexistence.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
Oh, I agree. Seeing G-d in human form is lazy.

Very much so; in fact it is also stupid, childish, and - strictly speaking - blasphemous.

Yet atheists simply cannot move beyond this crude concept; because many of them are either physically or emotionally brain-damaged.

Look at the ridiculous 'flying spaghetti monster' argument of which they are so embarrassingly proud, as well as their juvenile attachment to reductionist materialism; they simply cannot think holistically & are incapable of conceiving anything beyond the realm of their brute senses.

They are trapped in a Hell of circular reasoning & emotional immaturity, which explains their addiction to the artificially-stimulating-yet-ultimately-safe world of video games & robotic sci-fi characters such as Mr Spock; they are terrified of growing up & incapable of coping with the real world in all its glorious unpredictability.

Seeing the true Face of G-d is NOT Jesus, or Buddha, or Krishna, or any of those things. They are pale imitations of the True and Only G-d.

I disagree with the term 'pale imitations'; the term 'aspects' seems more accurate to me, inasmuch as they represent facets of G-d that can be understood by human perceptions, even though the entirety is yet ineffable.

But this is a minor quibble.

Anyway; it seems we have had a few atheists sticking their necks out & chipping in with their 'opinions'...

Sadly, however, I can make no sense of a single thing they wrote; one of them seems to have swallowed a library of post-modern philosophy books & is now regurgitating gobbets at random...

However, its sustained inability to spell the word 'existence' correctly rather lets its preening bullshit-display down.

As such it will simply be laughed at & ignored.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 12:28:11 AM »
I did, asshole. Your arguments have been addressed by me saying that your death should not be relevant to you, since existence is no more significant than nonexistence.

Aww, is someone upset?

Oh yes, my existance is relevant to me. But it doesn't follow that a defined term changes based in it's relation to reality. But that is what your argument requires. It states that the attributes of God change depending in it's relation to reality. This isn't the case unless you start out by defining God as "something which exists", at which point the argument is circular.

Short Version: putting a term in the group "things that exist" does not change the definition of the term. Else you could not judge whether X exists, since the judgement would change what X is.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:57 AM »
Oh yes, my existance is relevant to me.

Not relevant enough for you to be bothered learning to spell it correctly, it seems...

Plus, you like to use the term 'reality' a lot, but offer no definition for it...

Good luck providing one!

Short Version: LOL!!!

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »

Plus, you like to use the term 'reality' a lot, but offer no definition for it...

"God exists" is not my claim. I can't define the terms, that's Yaakov's prerogative.

So far as I am concerned, reality is that which the subject puts in opposition to itself. Empirical reality is that which the subject perceives as outside affliction, i.e. the body of experiences.

Kali

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 01:52:50 AM »
There is only one divine being and it is not that Semitic tribal desert cuck.

Praise Lastation, Noire is the One True Goddess.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 02:27:21 AM »
So far as I am concerned, reality is that which the subject puts in opposition to itself.

Well, that explained nothing...

As usual.

Hey, 'ecthy baby' (lol!), remember when you said Newton didn't reference 'pressure' in his 3rd Law & when I showed he did you claimed he wasn't using it as a noun?

Ah - good times!

Anyhoo; enjoy your piss-poor, barely-literate, semantrickery...

I'll just wait til Yaakov gets back on & I have an adult to talk to.

Toodle-pip, 'ecthy baby' (lol!).

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 02:28:23 AM »
I consider myself an Atheist Agnostic, in the sense that I do not believe in a god or gods, and do not think that it is possible to test (and therefore know) such a claim. I also think that most religious people accept this last premise, and have a belief based on faith, therefore being Theist Agnostics. In fact, I only know of one religion (Roman Catholics) which holds as dogma that god is provable logically, but most if not all Catholics I know of ignore that dogma, which seems to me a painful reminder of the inability of the Catholic church to correct the mistakes of their Saints.

Regarding the definition problem, I think this definitions are the most useful ones:
Theist: claims "There exists a god/gods"
Atheist: Does not believe the theist claim.
Antitheist: claims "There is no god".
Gnostic: believes that the theist claim is knowable.
Agnostic: does not believe the gnostic claim.

Note the Atheist and Antitheist positions are compatible, but are not necesarilly tied.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 02:42:50 AM »
I consider myself an Atheist Agnostic, in the sense that I do not believe in a god or gods

So; you believe that a God or Gods do not exist?

LOL!!!

So now we know what your Faith is...

Next!

Conker

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 02:46:47 AM »
I consider myself an Atheist Agnostic, in the sense that I do not believe in a god or gods

So; you believe that a God or Gods do not exist?

LOL!!!

So now we know what your Faith is...

Next!

I don't. I'm not an anti-theist. Can you please show where I stated such thing?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 03:34:09 AM »
Can you please show where I stated such thing?

Sure...

Just as soon as you show me where a single thing you wrote makes sense.

I know you believe it made sense...

Just as 'ecthy baby' (lol!) believes he provided a definition of 'reality' that was in any way adequate...

But you didn't.

See; you'll never get through the gateway with all that Rube Goldberg snakes & ladders baggage rattling round inside your heads...

Legba keeps trying to tell you this.

But you just can't take a hint...

Atheism is a kind of Judaism

LOL!!!

Let's not forget them darn Buddhists too!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:35:49 PM by Jack »

Conker

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 03:43:54 AM »
Can you please show where I stated such thing?
Sure...
Just as soon as you show me where a single thing you wrote makes sense.
I know you believe it made sense...
Just as 'ecthy baby' (lol!) believes he provided a definition of 'reality' that was in any way adequate...
But you didn't.
See; you'll never get through the gateway with all that Rube Goldberg snakes & ladders baggage rattling round inside your heads...
Legba keeps trying to tell you this.
But you just can't take a hint...

Yes, yes, I know, I'm really dumb. But I think I read you saying I believed no gods exist. That's a positive claim that I do not support (and I don't remember ever supporting it, but I may have and forgotten. In any case, I currently don't). Please provide evidence for your accusation

Atheism is a kind of Judaism

LOL!!!

Let's not forget them darn Buddhists too!
Actually, some branches of Buddhism are atheist, too. Atheism does not entail "intelligence" or "areligiousness" in any shape or form. Scientology is very sketchy, but it appears they don't believe in a god either (they believe in aliens). Or Raëliens.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 03:56:34 AM »
Please provide evidence for your accusation

Please stop chasing your own tail like a damn-fool dog.

It's embarrassing.

Actually, some branches of Buddhism are atheist, too.

'Some'?

LOL!!!

Oh, you're a real expert at this 'rilyjunn' stuff aintcha, conky-boy?

The lulz are beginning to pile up!

Pray, continue...

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 04:02:45 AM »
Time for Morning Prayer. After all: the duty of the Jew is to keep the world moving through Daily Prayer.

Conker

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 04:20:18 AM »
Please provide evidence for your accusation

Please stop chasing your own tail like a damn-fool dog.

It's embarrassing.

No further comment needed

Actually, some branches of Buddhism are atheist, too.

'Some'?

LOL!!!

Oh, you're a real expert at this 'rilyjunn' stuff aintcha, conky-boy?

The lulz are beginning to pile up!

Pray, continue...
Chinese branches of Buddhism are in practice theistic, unless you think that believing that Buddha was not only a messiah, but an actual cosmic entity, is not theistic. In fact, the idea itself of Maitreya, the Amitabha Buddha who grants passage to the equivalent of heaven in some buddhist branches, and specially boddhisatvas contain elements of godhood, which can be considered to be theistic (if not OMNIPOTENT theistic, more like greek theism). Similar concepts appear in Tibetan buddhism, and, as noted by some scholars, while the elite thinkers do indeed omit any theistic beliefs, the masses in practice hold a local mixture of prototheism and esotericism that can be regarded as theism.

Not only that, but many modern buddhists are actually multireligious, holding buddhism as a esoteric belief, and other religions as their transcendental religion (Cristianity, Islam, Zoroastrism if you go full new age, etc)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:07:40 AM by Jack »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 04:29:39 AM »
The successive emergence of Yaakov, Legpa and Intikam has turned this thread into a battle of insults. Can't they see how hypocritical they sound, posing solemnly as seekers of truth or whatever, and yet not being able to react on arguments against their beliefs in another way than getting offensive?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2016, 04:47:37 AM »
No further comment needed

LOL!!!

#1 method for internet atheists to 'win' debates; by pretending that running away is victory.

Chinese branches of Buddhism are in practice theistic, unless you think that believing that Buddha was not only a messiah, but an actual cosmic entity, is not theistic. In fact, the idea itself of Maitreya, the Amitabha Buddha who grants passage to the equivalent of heaven in some buddhist branches, and specially boddhisatvas contain elements of godhood, which can be considered to be theistic (if not OMNIPOTENT theistic, more like greek theism). Similar concepts appear in Tibetan buddhism, and, as noted by some scholars, while the elite thinkers do indeed omit any theistic beliefs, the masses in practice hold a local mixture of prototheism and esotericism that can be regarded as theism.

Not only that, but many modern buddhists are actually multireligious, holding buddhism as a esoteric belief, and other religions as their transcendental religion (Cristianity, Islam, Zoroastrism if you go full new age, etc)

And copy-pasting bullshit by some idiot who understands even less than they do is another way for internet atheists to 'win' debates.

Buddhism is inherently atheistic; everyone knows this except you & your idiot.

The Hindus even have a ton of jokes on the subject; everyone knows this too, except you & your idiot.

Enjoy your snakes & ladders anyway, loser; it'll get you nowhere spiritually but you're too far gone to see that.

Your insults can't change the reality.

LOL!!!

Another idiot who doesn't understand 'reality'.

Lulz a-plenty today!

Look - more:

The successive emergence of Yaakov, Legpa and Intikam has turned this thread into a battle of insults. Can't they see how hypocritical they sound, posing solemnly as seekers of truth or whatever, and yet not being able to react on arguments against their beliefs in another way than getting offensive?

LOL!!!

You REALLY don't understand who Legba is do you?

Yet you still try to 'debate' religion with me...

Using 'reason' & 'logic' & 'facts'...

All the wrong tools for the job!

Did you honestly think that'd work out well for you?

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2016, 05:52:08 AM »
As for everyone else, after Morning Prayer, You're Welcome!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 05:56:51 AM »

LOL!!!

You REALLY don't understand who Legba is do you?

Yet you still try to 'debate' religion with me...

Using 'reason' & 'logic' & 'facts'...

All the wrong tools for the job!

Did you honestly think that'd work out well for you?

Everybody knows who you are, except JewishFascist and yourself.

No, I don't debate with you, I could be your teacher, if you wouldn't be a moron and proud of it.

For even if it's true, that reason and logic does not work out for everything, it is exactly what you badly need, bluesman.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2016, 06:11:29 AM »
As for everyone else, after Morning Prayer, You're Welcome!

Thanks, Yaakov; these robotic atheists can only think in black & white terms so don't understand the significance of prayer.

To them it's like putting a coin in a slot-machine; if they receive no immediate reward they think they've been duped & the act was therefore worthless.

This is because they cannot think holistically, in order to see prayer as part of a greater process...

Also; remember what I said on the Veganism thread about Flat Earthers & Holocaust Denial?

These psychos are actively pushing every kind of insane/anti-social/destructive behaviour; neutrals may wanna have a good, long think about why they're doing that...

Everybody knows who you are, except JewishFascist and yourself.
No, I don't debate with you, I could be your teacher, if you wouldn't be a moron and proud of it.
For even if it's true, that reason and logic does not work out for everything, it is exactly what you badly need, bluesman.

lol wut?

Kali

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
All these pathetic Christcucks are feeling pretty rustled at the opinions of others, it seems. Nothing new there, though.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
What Christcucks?

I ain't one & neither's Yaakov; he's an Orthodox Jew & I'm an African voodoo Loa.

Christ means nothing to either of us.

Still; never let the facts get in the way of your sock-puppet JREF shill bullshit, eh?

That's the way of The Flat Earth forum!

Well, that & blatant censorship...

Flat Earth & Holocaust Denial; the breakfast of Chumpions...

Enjoy your total social ostracism & jail-time, suckers!

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »
And the stupid seem to enjoy digging themselves yet deeper into their mire of dogshit. They seem quite good at it, don't they, Legba?

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »
Religion and science are two separate realms. It means it is impossible to "prove the (non)existence of a deity". Also that a religious text could be of scientific value.

I am an atheist; I don't believe there is a god and that it's a human construct made up to make sense of life.

At the same time I am agnostic in a sense that I have no way of ever proving my stance to be correct; there can always be a god that I don't see.

The gods made up by religions are used to gain and perpetrate power over people.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 11:59:04 PM »
And the stupid seem to enjoy digging themselves yet deeper into their mire of dogshit. They seem quite good at it, don't they, Legba?

Oh, yes; check this out:

Religion and science are two separate realms.

Well, the idea that there is a strict demarcation between religion & science is yet another symptom of Atheist's brain-damage, emotional immaturity & inability to think holistically...

But we already knew that.

Anyhoo; if there is no Creator, then Life must have arisen through scientific principles, yes?

And one of the first rules of science is that it must be Repeatable & Observable.

So; here is your task, Atheists:

*Take basic materials from the periodic table, plus some plasma, & Create me a Microbe via the scientific method.

*Do not get back to me until you have.

Thank you please!

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2016, 02:01:35 AM »

Oh, yes; check this out:

Well, the idea that there is a strict demarcation between religion & science is yet another symptom of Atheist's brain-damage, emotional immaturity & inability to think holistically...

Anyhoo; if there is no Creator, then Life must have arisen through scientific principles, yes?

And one of the first rules of science is that it must be Repeatable & Observable.

*Take basic materials from the periodic table, plus some plasma, & Create me a Microbe via the scientific method.

Thank you please!

Good you're back here.

You forget one factor though; time.

We humans only live in the last minutes of the year of Earth. As an individual you only live microseconds. So we don't have the experience to see macro evolution happening, just like we don't see a plant growing if we only observe it for 1 day.

The dog race breeding is the best example of evolution happening on a "short term".

Religion is outside of the realm of science and can thus never ever be an answer to a scientific problem just as a scientist can never ever (dis)prove the existence of a god.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

Conker

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2016, 02:50:32 AM »

Oh, yes; check this out:

Well, it is my opinion that science is the best and most reliable method to ascertain information about reality. However, if you want to go further, into the realm of metaphysics, then science specifically forbids itself from it, and you are free to use whatever you want, but proving the validity of such results becomes practically impossible. I happen not to believe in any such claim, so it is incredibly meaningless to me to discuss such things.

A Creator could have created life through purelly real methods, but I agree that religions don't generally accept this principle. Catholics are on the verge, though, since they generally accept science, interpreting scripture as a poetic, not literal, view of creation. I'm fine with that, or the idea that a omniscient god is obviously intelligent enough to creat a universe with laws such that life eventually arises on Earth, but I find those ideas pointless, since there is no way to distinguish a creator-less universe and a created universe in this manner.

And one of the first rules of science
Oh boy, here we go. Hold on, Im going to look this up on the Index of Creationist Claims. Let me guess: "You didnt personally witness it therefore it isn't science" right? I think that one was CA221.

is that it must be Repeatable & Observable.
No surprise, you got your science wrong. What the scientific method requires is that observations must be repeatable, NOT the events themselves. An example:
I see a corpse below a building. I look up and find out that the window is open. I go to the flat and there are cleaning paraphernalia near the window. The window is wet, and a cheap plastic stall is broken near it. It also seems like there is blood at the lower portion of the frame. Given all that, I am justified in making the hypothesis that the person fell down the window due to a broken stall, predict that they suffered from typical fall trauma, and I can also predict that, analyzing the stall's position, and the corpse's distance to the building, the blood came from their knees being hit by the lower frame as they fell. I then go to the corpse, and check that, indeed, it suffered from fall trauma, but it wasn't the knees that were hit, and instead there are strange bleeding marks on the hands. Then I might hypothesize that it was the hands that were cut, as the victim tried to stop itself from falling. Forensic analisys might then confirm or disprove my hypothesis, BUT: did you noticed? The original point stands. All evidence we found pointed towards the "falling person" hypothesis, even if specific details are still being determined. There is no single point of data that seems to even challenge it. So here's the question. If we can't throw this person again down this window, how do we know that it happened? Well, that's because what we need is repeatable OBSERVATIONS, not EVENTS. EVERYONE can go to the scene and see the evidence. The forensic material was published and is open for everyone to examine.
On the other hand, if I was to say that all that happened, but then someone came to the scene, and tried looking for blood, but
"Oh, I cleaned it all up"
Then searched evidence for a death in the appartment
"We moved another couple to the flat"
Checked the windowframe for evidence of damage
"We replaced it"
We even search the death records in the city
"They were secretly buried up on an unknown place and disintegrated so that no one will ever find them"
And then we ask the janitor, and he tells us he doesnt recall all of that ever happening

We have NO EVIDENCE to test. It doesnt matter to us that he publishes a paper on this case if there was no evidence for any other investigator to check. The observations are not repeatable.

Thank you please!
The scientific method is not a way of "creating things", nor was the composition of the Earth's atmosphere and oceans elemental at the time of the origin of life (water isn't an element dude, cmon now). Many organic compounds, and many inorganic ones, were present at that time. The specifical composition is now thought to be more or less understood, but this is still a young field, and caution must be exercised, so it's perfectly fine to say that we don't know that. Nevertheless, that is a moot point, since we now know that basic organic compounds can come about from natural atmospheres and ocean compositions, even if we don't know the exact composition. It can happen in atmosphere X, so it is at least possible it happened on Earth.
Furthermore, abiogenesis isn't evolution. Abiogenesis is still a very young field, with not all the knowdlege we wish it had. Evolution, however, is a theory, with proven facts, and stabilished laws. Even if life was created by a magical being, that lifeform or lifeforms must have followed the princeples of natural selection, laws of genetics, and the concept of evolution at some point, since we KNOW that all lifeforms we have been able to test and investigate enough DO follow this principle.

In any case, all this rant is moot, since even if both evolution and abiogenesis were wrong, that doesn't prove a god. We could have been created by an alien race, born on a planet were evolution was possible, then seeded here. Or maybe there is a trascendental creator that seeds life, but has no quality considerable godlike except being eternal.

Or maybe the burden of proof is on the claimant, and you shouldn't believe that god created life until that has been proved.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:30 AM »
LOL!!!

Just as I expected...

Lots of Words.

But no Microbe.

WHERE'S MY MICROBE, SUCKERS?