Flat Earth Debunk Visualization

• 20 Replies

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
Flat Earth Debunk Visualization
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »
This short video show how we should observe the sun and the moon if they were 32 miles across and at an altitude of 3000 miles.
In reality, as we can clearly see, they do not behave like this.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The video also goes well with the math provided here:

http://tube.geogebra.org/m/2141849

How do FET explains these observations?

Re: Flat Earth Debunk Visualization
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »
Brilliant!  I was actually wondering why someone didn't build a model and prove what was already known.  A sun circling 3,000 miles above the earth would be viewable 24 hours a day.  Of course FE'ers will make up some really goofy stuff to try justifying their precious FE model.  I asked many times that they simply prove that the sun is only 3,000 miles high, which should be relatively easy to do with specialized telescopes and trigonometry.  Of course no one will ever meet this challenge because something as obvious as this should be sine qua non to their entire argument.  The list of unanswered and unproven theories is just too long to list.  Sunrise/Sunset?  Uh, sorry.  Midnight sun? Oops.  Seasons? Nope. 

Anyhow great video.  Just expect no response. 

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »
expect no response.

^This.

Very well made video and breakdown of the logical inconsistencies in the FE model. This is basically what everyone has been saying all along. It's good to see it experimentally, using their own model to debunk that very model none the less.

To me this is absolutely indisputable. I really can't see a way past this.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
Generally speaking I think I've seen and heard enough from these flat earth conspiracists...not once have I read or seen one piece of evidence to confirm their crazy claims.  It's really just pathetic.  I think the reason I have been so intrigued is because of the sheer insanity of their beliefs and trying to understand what happened in their lives get them on this crazy train. 

I actually feel a bit dirty for spending so much time on these forums trying to figure these people out but the craziness of their beliefs was fascinating. 

I enjoyed this video, which pretty much sums up some of the reasons these folks are lost causes: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »
Actually somethings that need to be pointed out in the video.

There are reasons some things MUST exist on a single plane FE model.

1) You MUST have an Antarctica "wall" conspiracy because you MUST have the N.Pole in the middle of the model. If you have the S.Pole in the middle, the distortions around the Arctic/N. hemisphere would be plainly visible and the model would not fly. The same distortions are on the N.Pole map, just covered by the Antarctica conspiracy and lots of oceans to hide thousands of miles of water. (http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65369.0)

2) The Moon can not be spherical. It MUST be flat or people everywhere would see the Moon differently as pointed out in the video. Therefore, the Moon is flat. Now how the lunar surface moves around on a round disk is a different question (see Lunar Libration - http://earthsky.org/space/how-much-of-the-moon-can-we-see-from-earth-lunar-libration)

3) The Sun MUST have a "spotlight" effect or you could see it everywhere like the video shows:

4) With the Sun being a "spotlight", the Sun can not illuminate the Moon. The Moon therefore MUST be self-illuminating. Phases need to either be backlit like hand-puppets or bugs(?) migrating??

5) The Moon and planets MUST also have a "spotlight" effect or you can see them all the time as you would the Sun. They travel in the same area of the sky (Ecliptic) as the Sun.

6) The S. Celestial Pole and Sigma Octantis MUST be on the ground in Antarctica. They CAN NOT be in the sky. Currently, the farther south you go below the equator, the HIGHER the SCP gets. This is IMPOSSIBLE on a Flat Earth. You should ONLY be able to see the stars ABOVE the SCP in the sky where you are. The stars BELOW the SCP are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH behind you. How can you see them?

There really is no reason for a sunset/sunrise/moonset/moonrise with them being in the sky like that. Also, on the equinox as viewed from the equator or farther south, why would sunrise/sunset be due East when the Sun is 1/4 the Earth away NE/NW? How does light bend that much over a few thousand miles?

Too many things wrong with the single plane FE model. Dual Earth Fantasy (DEF) to the rescue with its mystical magical Aether.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:32:06 PM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »
Brilliant!  I was actually wondering why someone didn't build a model and prove what was already known.  A sun circling 3,000 miles above the earth would be viewable 24 hours a day.  Of course FE'ers will make up some really goofy stuff to try justifying their precious FE model.  I asked many times that they simply prove that the sun is only 3,000 miles high, which should be relatively easy to do with specialized telescopes and trigonometry.  Of course no one will ever meet this challenge because something as obvious as this should be sine qua non to their entire argument.  The list of unanswered and unproven theories is just too long to list.  Sunrise/Sunset?  Uh, sorry.  Midnight sun? Oops.  Seasons? Nope. 

Anyhow great video.  Just expect no response.

just wait the dual earth guy apper, is just delicious ;D

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 07:07:29 PM »
"Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe -

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
This short video show how we should observe the sun and the moon if they were 32 miles across and at an altitude of 3000 miles.
In reality, as we can clearly see, they do not behave like this.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
The video also goes well with the math provided here:
http://tube.geogebra.org/m/2141849
How do FET explains these observations?
Nice, except it would be more convincing if the sun rose in the east in the geogebra simulation.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
Amazing!  Again, when the evidence becomes overwhelming the FE'ers scatter like cockroaches in the light.  Yeah of course the sun isn't 3,000 miles away and 32 miles across.  Which brainiac actually came up with these numbers anyhow...based on what? Simply amazing that they're just mindlessly reciting gibberish without any scientific basis and yet not one of them can adequately prove that the sun is indeed 3,000 miles away and measurable by day or night from any point on the flat disk.  Of course there IS technology available that would quickly prove this point but NO they wouldn't dare perform this test. 

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »
Amazing!  Again, when the evidence becomes overwhelming the FE'ers scatter like cockroaches in the light.  Yeah of course the sun isn't 3,000 miles away and 32 miles across.  Which brainiac actually came up with these numbers anyhow...based on what? Simply amazing that they're just mindlessly reciting gibberish without any scientific basis and yet not one of them can adequately prove that the sun is indeed 3,000 miles away and measurable by day or night from any point on the flat disk.  Of course there IS technology available that would quickly prove this point but NO they wouldn't dare perform this test.
So far the only place I have seen the Sun being 3000 miles up is the following. Of course, the 45° is cherry picked. If you use any other angle the height changes.

(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64777.msg1729335#msg1729335)
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »
3,000, 30,000, 300,000 miles, what's the difference?!  My only point is I want these people to PROVE IT.  No matter what they claim this claim should be sine qua non to their entire argument and easily measurable.  Not one FE'er can make these verifiable measurements using scientific equipment.  The height is irrelevant as long as they contend the earth is a disk and the sun circles above the disk 24 hours a day...None of them can prove it. Case closed. The earth is round as we all knew it was.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
So many flat earthers replying. We don't know which one to answer first.
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 12:42:55 AM »
So many flat earthers replying. We don't know which one to answer first.
I have tried to show how ridiculous the "moon phase idea" is with the following:
Quote from: The Wiki
The Phases of the Moon
When one observes the phases of the moon he is simply observing the moon's day and night, a natural shadow from the sun[1] illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time. The lunar phases vary cyclically according to the changing geometry.[2]
The diagram below is how I interpret the geometry at the time of a full moon. Note that the distances are to scale, but the object sizes are grossly exaggerated (though the sun and the moon are to scale with each other). The sun and moon are placed 180° apart on the equator as they must be for a full moon.
Now, would someone please explain:
  • How the moon gets any illumination from the sun at all[3]. Are we to postulate a "special ray of light" from the sun, just to illuminate the moon?
  • How everyone (anyone actually) that can see the moon sees it full - as we know happens if real life?
  • How everyone (anyone actually) that can see the moon sees it the same size - as we know happens if real life?
If it is so so simple, please explain!
It really does look like: "The earth looks flat, so it must be!", then use magic to explain everything else.

[1] A "a natural shadow from the sun", really? Illuminated by a shadow?

[2] The Wiki also says the moon "wobbles" up and down, but I fail to see a "wobble" can help with the moon some 12,000 miles from the sun.

[3] Remember we are assured that "a natural shadow from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time." So, presumably the moon gets its illumination from the sun.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:26:32 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
I would like to see a working model on the structure and nature of the sun and moon, and why force (if you assert gravity does not exist) maintains their constant position?!

This should be good!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 02:24:24 AM »
rabinoz, you should try making a new diagram that is to scale. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 11:46:49 PM »
OK, you DO know what you are asking for I hope?
Remember, the Wiki says you sun is 50 km (32 mi) in diameter and the moon is the same size, and about 5,000 km (around 3,200 mi) up. The sun and moon are a tad hard to see, but that's what you wanted.
And the sun and moon are shown about the equator, 10,000 km (6,250 mi) each side of the North Pole.
I am afraid I left the people far too huge!

Now, I know my diagram is useless, etc, etc, so would you being the Flat Earth expert on these matters please come up with a better way of showing how you ever get a full moon.  I think I know the answer: 2 parts "bendy light" and 3 parts "magic" - but would be delighted to be proved wrong.
Until then I will stick to my diagram and claim the FEers don't have a clue.
Maybe you should stick to your field of expertise - Custodial Engineering.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 01:13:28 AM »

Jroa, what is your opinion on the videos linked in the Op? The model is to scale there and it uses all the maths described in the FE theory cannon. Could you give your opinion on the content of the Op at all?

Again you seem to be nit picking an insignificant point to the central assertion without engaging with the content of the argument.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:34 AM »
Jroa, what is your opinion on the videos linked in the Op?

My opinion is that I have not had the time to bother watching the video and they are probably not worth watching to begin with. 

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 08:08:47 AM »

My opinion is that I have not had the time to bother watching the video and they are probably not worth watching to begin with.

The first one is only 3 mins long, and its definitely worth it.

Are you just afraid to confront the truth?
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 03:44:22 AM »

Not had the "time"?? You have the time to sit around and moderate this website and reply to all of these comments, but had not had the time to watch a simple video that is just a few minutes long? Weak.

Also, can you please tell me, HOW HIGH UP IS THE MOON AND THE SUN? What's their altitude? I'm asking this, because there are many conflicting ideas from various flat earthers.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 03:52:03 AM »
This is very interesting  :) I am a totally newbie when it comes to flat earth. It is good to see both sides and to consider them. Thank you for posting this.