Relativity is wrong?

• 8 Replies
Relativity is wrong?
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:21:07 AM »
It seems that the equivalence principle is wrong. Here's a thought experiment that shows it to be wrong.
Take a spherical body with a gravitational field, and two people on opposite sides. The both have the equipment to send neutrinos through the planet, so they can know the distance between each other. Now they are in the gravitational field of the body, so general relativity says that any experiment will look the same as the body accelerating towards them. If the body is accelerating both people in opposite directions, then the distance between them should increase, but their neutrino scanner says their distance stays constant, meaning the experiment contradicts the equivalence principles, as it tells them they are not accelerating.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Relativity is wrong?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:52 AM »
The EP does not apply here.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:59:09 AM »
The EP means only that you cannot distinguish a FORCE that is caused by acceleration and a FORCE that is caused by gravity. It doesn't state that you cannot find out by no means if you are in an elevator or on a planet.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »
The equivalence principle specificly states that you must only consider a sufficiantly small amount of space.  It refers only to the "force" generated by gravity, not gravitational inconsistancies.

If relativity were wrong then I would love to hear how you explain gravitational waves.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:18 AM »
The EP means only that you cannot distinguish a FORCE that is caused by acceleration and a FORCE that is caused by gravity. It doesn't state that you cannot find out by no means if you are in an elevator or on a planet.
EP says experiment cannot distinguish between the two.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:42 AM »
The equivalence principle specificly states that you must only consider a sufficiantly small amount of space.  It refers only to the "force" generated by gravity, not gravitational inconsistancies.

If relativity were wrong then I would love to hear how you explain gravitational waves.

Come on, you have never seen a gravitational wave.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:39:56 AM »
EP says experiment cannot distinguish between the two.

No it doesn't. It states that you cannot distinguish it by a LOCAL experiment.

Once I used the same apparent "flaw" for a fun argument to prove that earth is flat:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63126.msg1671037#msg1671037
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:44:29 AM by FalseProphet »

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
Well the FES's version of the equivalence principle ignores the local part (because they say it's flat out impossible to tell the difference between gravity and acceleration). I have disproved their version of relativity, of course I haven't disproved the real relativity.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:03 AM »
I have disproved their version of relativity.

No, you have learned something.