CNN Announces that the World is Flat . . . .

• 24 Replies

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
CNN Announces that the World is Flat . . . .
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
And the Governments of the world have been lying to us.
My question is, if this were to happen, and Flat Earthers finally get to have they're day, what would change?
How would this affect your day to day life, your job, your hobbies, etc.?

Myself, I don't think it would change much. The shape of our planet (or disc) really doesn't influence the choices I make every day.
I would still wake up every morning, jog 7 miles, shower, eat, and go to work making sure that the 84 employees that rely on my business to provide for themselves and they're families have a job.
After work, I would still come home and spend a couple hours working on 1 of 4 classic cars in my garage, then spend the evening with my wife before going to bed only to rise and repeat.
We will still enjoy our weekend getaways on the water, out of site of any land (I'm sure that wouldn't change).
I will still revel in the sound and feel of a big block Chevy.
I will still relish the feeling of the air rushing past me when I go skydiving.

With that said, I'm sure some changes in the world governments will take place, what exactly I can't say, but I'm pretty sure after that story breaks, changes will happen quickly.

So, when the story breaks, and all of your hard work and research has paid off, what will change in your life?

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: CNN Announces that the World is Flat . . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Not much will change other than my dreams of going to space will be shattered. Actually I have little interest in going to space anyway.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

charm

• oh my! even galaxies are flat!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »
I'll just have to find a new forum to shoot the shit at.
icecreamonmars.com making the universe great again!

"Having a cow that fills up a bucket of milk and then the cow kicks it over is all for nothing, the cow is no good." Proverb of my Husband

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »
Thinking about it....Not much would change for me. 

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »
Some of us are actually interested in truth. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
Some of us are actually interested in truth. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

"Truth" that is about as useful as knowing how meaning hairs is on your head.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »

Truth is inevitably more useful than a lie. Would you really rather believe in a fantasy?

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »

Truth is inevitably more useful than a lie. Would you really rather believe in a fantasy?

If its the truth then yeah.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »

To which statement are you replying?
If the former, we're agreed. If the latter, you're yet again refusing to read a word I say. Do you struggle with the meaning of 'fantasy?'

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »

To which statement are you replying?
If the former, we're agreed. If the latter, you're yet again refusing to read a word I say. Do you struggle with the meaning of 'fantasy?'

The former of course.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 02:41:34 PM »

How you can be sure it is true if you find it?
I wanna show you a youtube video, maybe a little bit offtopic or maybe not you can decide! But it's my favorite video! If you seeking the truth i have wrong news!
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »
And how do you know for sure what the truth is? What you personally observe? We can't always trust what we see and hear, so we have to make a conscious choice of what to believe is the truth.
With that said, I am a firm believer in science, after all it has given us a few amazing discoveries. I'll let you think of some on your own.

I have seen some wonderfully beautiful things on this planet that leads me to believe it is a globe, .... and then there is Kansas.

When I was growing up, and looked out of my window, all I could see was tall snow covered mountains. That's all I knew until I was 10. In those 10 years it never occurred to me that the entire planet was like that....... oh, never mind, it isn't.

My point is, everybody is going to have a different point of view. A different opinion, or interpretation of what is placed before them. As far as I'm concerned, science, when followed with an open mind and no pre conceptions, can lead the observer to the truth.

But I still do not think my life will change much either way.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »
So, when the story breaks, and all of your hard work and research has paid off, what will change in your life?
I will be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just think of all the wasted taxes I will save! 

You? on the other hand??  You clearly sound worried. 
I bet you will be out of a job because you are probably just a middle-man between multiple lies.  Why else would you care??

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
I will be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just think of all the wasted taxes I will save! 

You? on the other hand??  You clearly sound worried. 
I bet you will be out of a job because you are probably just a middle-man between multiple lies.  Why else would you care??

What part of my post makes me sound worried? The only thing I worry about is where the fish are biting.
As far as being out of a job, I seriously doubt it, unless the revelation of the earth being flat causes a serious decline in the love affair people have for the classic American muscle car. With that said, I don't see myself as the middle man in any possible definition of the word.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »
As far as being out of a job, I seriously doubt it, unless the revelation of the earth being flat causes a serious decline in the love affair people have for the classic American muscle car. With that said, I don't see myself as the middle man in any possible definition of the word.
You thrive on cheap blood for oil, just like the rest of us.  I was right.   

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">You should be worried. Your feigned smugness makes sense. 

Keep faking it! 

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
Hey, if being right means that much to you, by all means.
With that, I have to ask, what is it exactly I am supposed to be faking?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 01:19:00 AM »

How you can be sure it is true if you find it?
I wanna show you a youtube video, maybe a little bit offtopic or maybe not you can decide! But it's my favorite video! If you seeking the truth i have wrong news!

Stop derailing.

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 05:10:29 AM »
Stop derailing.
Yes, I would appreciate it if you would give my Topic back, please. It's mine.

On another note, my Wife and I were talking last night, and I mentioned The Flat Earth Society. As I was explaining to her what it was about, she interjected and stated, "So, let me make sure I understand. In the Flat Earth Theory, satellites do not exist?" to which I said "In most cases no, but it is still a theory in progress." and she replied, "Great! The Earth is flat!, I'm going to put in my 2 week notice first thing in the morning! Then I can come work with you!" When she saw my blank stare, she reminded me that she works for AT&T . . . . as a SATCOM signal analyst.

So, I guess my world will change after all, in more ways than one. Thanks, FES!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:34:55 AM by global_addiction »

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 08:45:05 AM »
Stop derailing.
Yes, I would appreciate it if you would give my Topic back, please. It's mine.

On another note, my Wife and I were talking last night, and I mentioned The Flat Earth Society. As I was explaining to her what it was about, she interjected and stated, "So, let me make sure I understand. In the Flat Earth Theory, satellites do not exist?" to which I said "In most cases no, but it is still a theory in progress." and she replied, "Great! The Earth is flat!, I'm going to put in my 2 week notice first thing in the morning! Then I can come work with you!" When she saw my blank stare, she reminded me that she works for AT&T . . . . as a SATCOM signal analyst.

So, I guess my world will change after all, in more ways than one. Thanks, FES!

Haha! This is great. My job also relies somewhat on the round Earth. I work in the welding industry, specifically, supplying the wire for welding. The company I work for supplies special alloys to companies like SpaceX and its subcontractors, and some various companies in the oil industry. Since apparently the Charming Anarchist seems to think that the flat Earth has an impact on the oil industry in some way. I could be out of a job!!

To fall into the belief of a flat Earth is to deny YOUR OWN cognizance.

global_addiction

• Don't Fear the Sphere
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
Haha! This is great. My job also relies somewhat on the round Earth. I work in the welding industry, specifically, supplying the wire for welding. The company I work for supplies special alloys to companies like SpaceX and its subcontractors, and some various companies in the oil industry. Since apparently the Charming Anarchist seems to think that the flat Earth has an impact on the oil industry in some way. I could be out of a job!!

Welding wire? I started my business with 2 spools of wire, a welder, no face shield, and, obviously, no brains. That was 30 years, 2 kids, and 3 grandkids ago. Man, how time fly's when your having fun. Then again, fun is just another Frame Of Reference.

My wife interviewed with SpaceX 3 years ago, but declined do to a relocation requirement. Can't say as I blame her, if she took the job and CNN broke the news of a Flat Earth, we would really be fracked.

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 08:15:17 PM »

Welding wire? I started my business with 2 spools of wire, a welder, no face shield, and, obviously, no brains. That was 30 years, 2 kids, and 3 grandkids ago. Man, how time fly's when your having fun. Then again, fun is just another Frame Of Reference.

My wife interviewed with SpaceX 3 years ago, but declined do to a relocation requirement. Can't say as I blame her, if she took the job and CNN broke the news of a Flat Earth, we would really be fracked.

Haha!

I love hearing stories like this. I'm 23 and also a car nut. Don't have much now, but the dream is having my own performance shop.

To fall into the belief of a flat Earth is to deny YOUR OWN cognizance.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »
My question is, if this were to happen, and Flat Earthers finally get to have they're day, what would change?

Myself, I don't think it would change much. The shape of our planet (or disc) really doesn't influence the choices I make every day.
I would still wake up every morning, jog 7 miles, shower, eat, and go to work making sure that the 84 employees that rely on my business to provide for themselves and they're families have a job.
After work, I would still come home and spend a couple hours working on 1 of 4 classic cars in my garage, then spend the evening with my wife before going to bed only to rise and repeat.
We will still enjoy our weekend getaways on the water, out of site of any land (I'm sure that wouldn't change).

With that said, I'm sure some changes in the world governments will take place, what exactly I can't say, but I'm pretty sure after that story breaks, changes will happen quickly.

No more NLO, no more 200 bilion budget for spase program. no more manipulation with unconscious people.

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »

I haven't done much research on flat earth, but I would get on it right away. What a major scientific opportunity. I would call up all my sciencey buds and we'd but a ship and equipment and then go exploring. We'd cross the ice wall and see what's beyond.
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »
because idiots want to idiot, and vote for donald trump. ;)
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.