How can I get a high quality flat earth map?

• 8 Replies
How can I get a high quality flat earth map?
« on: February 17, 2016, 07:17:48 PM »
Hey guys I am very certain the earth is a flat plane, and I want to get a flat earth map but they all look different and I want it to be correct  not just for novelty purposes so has anyone thought this themselves or know what I could do?

Re: How can I get a high quality flat earth map?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:50:47 PM »
Hello and welcome.  To answer your question you may want to read through this thread.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65580.0#.VsU-oeZj1pU

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
No flat earthers was be able to make a map because they still can't explain flat paths. But that's OK.  :) Welcome to the forums it will be nice arguing.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
This is one of the best flat earth maps available. If you will notice it is "The New Standard Map Of The World -  As  'It Is' " ! :
http://maps.bpl.org/id/15442

Or if you want the original, check out what is a copy of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azimuthal_equidistant_projection

Note how closely how they resemble each other. Note also the size of Australia compared to North America !

::) ;D

Also......Read my signature line.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:57:04 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 11:11:08 PM »
Hey guys I am very certain the earth is a flat plane, and I want to get a flat earth map but they all look different and I want it to be correct  not just for novelty purposes so has anyone thought this themselves or know what I could do?

Should be easy enough,  most maps I've seen are flat.    Try any reputable map dealer.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-map-image.html

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »

Should be easy enough,  most maps I've seen are flat.    Try any reputable map dealer.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-map-image.html

The AAA (American Automobile  Association) is another good source for flat maps.

You can get an atlas full of flat maps from your local WalMart .

Just remember that any flat map is made from some projection of the globe and is going to have some distortion in some area.

For example notice how large Greenland is on the Mercator Projection  and how large Australia is on the Unipolar Azimuthal  Equidistant Projection.

These flat maps are certainly readily available. But an accurate flat map of the entire earth is not available.

Chorus:

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 05:55:46 PM »
What I meant by flat earth map is a  azimuthal map, not the false globe map spread out.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 05:59:06 PM »
What I meant by flat earth map is a  azimuthal map, not the false globe map spread out.

A correct flat earth map doesn't exist.   

The equidistant azimuthal projection map you asked for is just another globe projection centered on the north pole.

The best is probably the bipolar map,  but that requires the sun and moon to travel in a weird figure 8 pattern. 
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:19:18 PM »

A correct flat earth map doesn't exist.   

The equidistant azimuthal projection map you asked for is just another globe projection centered on the north pole.

The best is probably the bipolar map,  but that requires the sun and moon to travel in a weird figure 8 pattern.

The Mercator Projection Map is also just another globe projection centered on the Equator.

Any Projection map is going to have less distortion at the center and more distortion increasing as the distance from the center increases.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:21:39 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus: