Flat Earth VS General Relativity

• 313 Replies
Re: Flat Earth VS General Relativity
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:01 AM »
I'm not saying Gravity is a real force, I am saying that it is a real interaction between mass-energy-momentum that gives rise to a fictitious force. For the Engineer to claim otherwise,
Did I?
You did.
You do realize GR completely depends on gravity being a real thing right?
Nope.  In fact, the exact opposite.
Here you said gravity isn't a real thing, hence it can't be an interaction between mass.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »
I'm not saying Gravity is a real force, I am saying that it is a real interaction between mass-energy-momentum that gives rise to a fictitious force. For the Engineer to claim otherwise,
Did I?

Gravity is not real.

Which necessarily means it is not a real interaction. Look!  Wrong!
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
What claim did I make?  That you are dumb?  ???

That they're lying about finding gravitational waves.

Great.  Show me some evidence that they found them and did not just lie to get more government money.  Thanks.

No, you made the claim that they're lying so you provide the evidence.

What claim?  Are you just going to make something up again?  I would make popcorn while awaiting you to squirm out of this one, but a beer will have to do for now.

Ok, do you believe they are lying when they say that they found gravitational waves? If so what evidence you have for that?

In your world, nobody ever lies, right?

I can distinguish between fact or fiction but at the same time for the most part I give people the benifit of the doubt. People lie no doubt but unless they are proven to be lying then I'm inlcined to believe them. Now that I answered you're red herring please answer my question. Do you believe they are lying about gravitational waves? If so what is your evidence.

Kind of odd for you to say that, seeing as you can not even explain your position. 

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2016, 02:48:05 PM »
Which position? On the flat earth or on something else?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2016, 02:49:20 PM »

It could be on top of a pyramid.  You simply can't explain it.  I feel sorry for you.   

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2016, 02:49:46 PM »
This real distortion causes a fictitious force to appear.
No, it doesn't.
You are wrong. GR says that gravity is a distortion of space time.
Are you saying this equation isn't describing space  time being distorted
This is an equation from GR that says mass will curve space time, hence causing gravity, hence you were wrong to say gravity isn't real.
Let me ask you this:  If I am in space far from any reference points, but in a gravitational field, what fictitious force will I observe?

Nice sidestep. Are you going to acknowledge your lies yet?

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
This real distortion causes a fictitious force to appear.
No, it doesn't.
You are wrong. GR says that gravity is a distortion of space time.
Are you saying this equation isn't describing space  time being distorted
This is an equation from GR that says mass will curve space time, hence causing gravity, hence you were wrong to say gravity isn't real.
Let me ask you this:  If I am in space far from any reference points, but in a gravitational field, what fictitious force will I observe?
Gravity. I don't get your point, it's a fictitious force, so what. GR still says gravity is a real curvature of space time, hence gravity is real.

Now let me ask you a question, is your UA model consistent with what GR says about an accelerating reference frame. Hint: The equivalence principle only applies to a local experiment, try thinking of a non local one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:57:20 PM by Empirical »

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2016, 03:50:54 PM »

It could be on top of a pyramid.  You simply can't explain it.  I feel sorry for you.

You have to be specific, which position are you talking about? If its on the flat earth then it should be obvious, I'm a round earther who will change if proven false which that haven't happened yet. If its something else then name it and I'll tell you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »

You have to be specific, which position are you talking about? If its on the flat earth then it should be obvious, I'm a round earther who will change if proven false which that haven't happened yet. If its something else then name it and I'll tell you.

I have to be specific about which position you take?  Are you really this dumb? 

« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2016, 04:13:53 PM »

You asked me what position I take. Position on what? Flat earth, evolution, UFOs, the Bible, or something else?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »

You asked me what position I take. Position on what? Flat earth, evolution, UFOs, the Bible, or something else?

Are you asking for me to tell you which position you take?  You have to be the worst troll ever. 

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »

Are you asking for me to tell you which position you take?  You have to be the worst troll ever.

No. Here's what I mean:

You: what is your position on (fill in the blank)?

Me: my position on (fill in the blank) is such and such.

Does that clear it up for you?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »

No. Here's what I mean:

So, what is your position, then? 

« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »

No. Here's what I mean:

So, what is your position, then?

On what? The flat earth? I think it's false unless you can prove that wrong.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »
Gravity.
Lol.  Not even close.  Let's try this again:

I am in space all by my lonesome.  I can't see anything.  I am in a gravitational field.  What fictitious force am I experiencing?  You said the distortion of space time causes a fictitious force.  What is it?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »
Did I?

Gravity is not real.

No, I said gravity is not real.  It is a fictitious force.

Did I?
Are you going to show where I claimed otherwise, or are you just going to keep posting irrelevant quotes?

-- Bob Hudson

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »
Did I?

Gravity is not real.

No, I said gravity is not real.  It is a fictitious force.

Did I?
Are you going to show where I claimed otherwise, or are you just going to keep posting irrelevant quotes?

I already did. You are either too stupid to see it, you are too deluded to see it, too arrogant to admit it or a troll. I don't really care which.

Please, more Jack in this thread and less Engineer for the sake of all.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
I already did.
I know you already posted irrelevant quotes. 

Please back up your claim with relevant quotes.

-- Bob Hudson

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »
This does not fit with the current posts here, but it is related to "Flat Earth VS General Relativity".

If we accept relativity, and The Flat Earth Society seems to, then we must accept time dilation, etc.

So, if the earth were to start accelerating at 9.8 m/s2 15 billion years ago[nb]This "maximum time" is chosen to extend the "time since creation" as long as possible![/nb] (I don't know that I agree with the age!) by now, due to time slowing down on the accelerating earth (that is Time Dilation) only 45.5 years would have elapsed on earth!
(see http://convertalot.com/relativistic_star_ship_calculator.html)

Now, since to best of my memory I am rather older than 45.5 years, this all gets a bit hard to explain.

I would love some "expert" to peruse these figures! Any experts on relativity in the house?

?

dispute

« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
Rabinoz just won the thread guys.

Thanks for your input, I had fun.
Hope you guys did too.

« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2016, 02:54:06 AM »
Gravity.
Lol.  Not even close.  Let's try this again:

I am in space all by my lonesome.  I can't see anything.  I am in a gravitational field.  What fictitious force am I experiencing?  You said the distortion of space time causes a fictitious force.  What is it?
You will feel a force of a gravitational nature stretching you out, it's only large enough to notice if you are near a neutron star or black hole, but you're still experiencing it when the field is weaker. I think it's called a tidal force.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:06:23 AM by Empirical »

« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2016, 03:16:51 AM »
This does not fit with the current posts here, but it is related to "Flat Earth VS General Relativity".

If we accept relativity, and The Flat Earth Society seems to, then we must accept time dilation, etc.

So, if the earth were to start accelerating at 9.8 m/s2 15 billion years ago[nb]This "maximum time" is chosen to extend the "time since creation" as long as possible![/nb] (I don't know that I agree with the age!) by now, due to time slowing down on the accelerating earth (that is Time Dilation) only 45.5 years would have elapsed on earth!

Now, since to best of my memory I am rather older than 45.5 years, this all gets a bit hard to explain.

I would love some "expert" to peruse these figures! Any experts on relativity in the house?
There is a problem with using that calculator, it works out the time pasted on earth compared to something that isn't on earth. For obvious reasons you and everything else on earth count as being on earth.
What the calculator really gives you is this, if the earth started accelerating 15 billion years ago  (the earth is said to be 4. 5 billion years old by radioactive dating) and when it started accelerating there was a spaceship outside of the effect of the UA, by the time the earth gets to the present, only 45.5 years would of pasted for those on the ship.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2016, 04:50:51 AM »
I already did.
I know you already posted irrelevant quotes. 

Please back up your claim with relevant quotes.

I already did. Sorry your grasp of English is worse than your knowledge of physics.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:20:59 AM by Rama Set »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2016, 11:09:09 AM »

Ooh, ooh, pick me!

As Empirical said (we agree on something, finally) in the Earth's frame of reference, you would not know anything different but normal time passage.  Only to someone outside of the accelerated frame of reference, would time be slowing/normal (depends on the frame of reference).

Good try though.  Well, not really.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
I already did. Sorry your grasp of English is worse than your knowledge of physics.
I see you have graduated from the 'Discount Chemist School of Backing up Your Claims'.  I'm disappointed, but not at all surprised.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
You taught us well.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »
I see you have graduated from the 'Discount Chemist School of Backing up Your Claims'.  I'm disappointed, but not at all surprised.

I backed up my claims.  Everybody, including you, can see that.  I want to post it again, so this can become really obvious:

Did I?

Gravity is not real.

Now, unless you can show how something you claim is not real is in fact real, you should probably find a new thread to troll.  That is what moderators do here, isn't it?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
Ooh, ooh, pick me!
As Empirical said (we agree on something, finally) in the Earth's frame of reference, you would not know anything different but normal time passage.  Only to someone outside of the accelerated frame of reference, would time be slowing/normal (depends on the frame of reference).
Good try though.  Well, not really.
You can do better than that!
Of, course I know that "in the Earth's frame of reference, you would not know anything different but normal time passage."
And that "Only to someone outside of the accelerated frame of reference, would time be slowing/normal".
I thought that was kiddie stuff, but my point was that while this 45.5 years elapsed in our frame of reference
but to "someone outside of the accelerated frame of reference" this acceleration must have started some 15 billion years ago!
Since that seems to be before the postulated "big bang" (13.7 billion years ago) the earth as we know it must have begun less than 45.5 years ago in our frame of reference.
That is the seeming paradox I wanted explained.
The only explanations I can come up with seem to make no sense!
  • Maybe there really is nothing outside our frame of reference - but then what does this dark energy[nb]Yes, cosmologists hypothesize "dark matter" and "dark energy, but only to explain galaxy shapes far, far away![/nb] "act on" to power the UA.
  • Some Flat earthers seem to have postulated "aether" outside, but who knows and is that "stationary"?
As a raw amateur in these things I'm just asking!

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2016, 03:53:27 PM »

Gravity?
Where have you been for the past 15 pages?

« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2016, 02:26:56 AM »

Gravity?
Where have you been for the past 15 pages?
Careful, you forgot to say from the reference point of either the source of the field, or a distant observer.
But given that he said experiencing the force, it would be better to answer with the tidal force caused by the field, because the person in the field doesn't feel the gravity pulling them to the source, they only feel the difference in gravity between the part of their body closer to the source and the part futher from the source, this is experienced as a slight stretching, normally too weak for a human to feel.

The engineer has also forgotten something important, while GR does say that a person in a gravitational field stay stationary(stationary meaning taking the shortest path through spacetime towards the future), the source of that field stays stationary as well.
He also keeps forgetting that the equivalence principle only applies to local experiments.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:53:41 AM by Empirical »