Fatal Flaws in Universal Acceleration Theory

• 24 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Fatal Flaws in Universal Acceleration Theory
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »
There seems to be a number of fatal flaws in UA theory. 

First,   the earth's  gravitational field  diverges by a measurable amount,   this divergence causes the tidal effects which we see in things like the tidal locking of the moon. 
Second,   there are small variations in the gravitational field caused by non uniform material distribution and density,  these gravimetric surveys are well known.
Third,   there is a decrease in the gravitational field strength at higher altitudes. 

None of these observed phenomena can be explained by universal acceleration,   or can they?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: Fatal Flaws in Universal Acceleration Theory
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:54:17 PM »
....   crickets ....

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:05 AM »
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:14:06 AM »
Either denial or https://wiki.tfes.org/Celestial_Gravitation

I have debunk arguments against CG, prepared for launch,   but  the targets have all gone to ground.  Even the  Injun has exitted stage left.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 05:48:05 AM »

I have debunk arguments against CG, prepared for launch,   but  the targets have all gone to ground.  Even the  Injun has exitted stage left.
Pop over to the sister site. They're better at giving actual answers. This site's mostly for fun.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »

Pop over to the sister site. They're better at giving actual answers. This site's mostly for fun.

To be honest, their answers are usually, "Read the Wiki."  Do you consider that to be a better answer? 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
To be honest, their answers are usually, "Read the Wiki."  Do you consider that to be a better answer?
Well, it's an answer, so I would have to class that above chirping crickets.
If a post is framed as a critique of the wiki mind you, I'd assume they'd give something different.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Well, Rayzor is pretty much just spamming every related thread with the same statement.  How many times do we have to answer?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:26 PM »
Well, Rayzor is pretty much just spamming every related thread with the same statement.  How many times do we have to answer?

At least once?  ???

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
Cool, then we are done.  Thanks!

-- Bob Hudson

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »

Considering the only 'answer' I've seen so far on the subject is "that is the dumbest argument", I think you have some work to do.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
Then I guess you need to search more.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
Then I guess you need to search more.
If you have an answer that is accepted and that you understand, you are able to post it here.
It should cause you at most a minor inconvenience, and would make many people happy. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »

Considering the only 'answer' I've seen so far on the subject is "that is the dumbest argument", I think you have some work to do.

Fair enough, so that's the answer.   I guess we can remove Universal Acceleration from flat earth theory from now on.   I think it was a flawed attempt right from the outset. 

That was easier to debunk than I thought.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:45 PM »
If a post is framed as a critique of the wiki mind you, I'd assume they'd give something different.

This thread was barely 24 hours old when you started claiming "chirping crickets". 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 02:13:25 AM »

This thread was barely 24 hours old when you started claiming "chirping crickets".

I wasn't talking about this thread: I was referring to the arguments Rayzor mentioned, the defenders of which are apparently no longer on this site.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 04:28:01 AM »

I wasn't talking about this thread: I was referring to the arguments Rayzor mentioned, the defenders of which are apparently no longer on this site.

Oh, so your claim was that "chirping crickets" was a better answer than not receiving an answer from people who do not frequent this forum any more?  You are a confusing lady these days. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 08:12:30 AM »
Oh, so your claim was that "chirping crickets" was a better answer than not receiving an answer from people who do not frequent this forum any more?  You are a confusing lady these days.
I'm confusing?
They're the same thing, typically.

Just saying that if you want a question answered, go to where the people who would defend that model are.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »

You're posting bullshit instead of answering the question, just like a shill would.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
You're posting bullshit instead of answering the question, just like a shill would.
We're all shills here, didn't you know?

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »

Fun? Either you need a dictionary, madam, or you are of a significantly masochistic tendency.  ;)
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »

Fun? Either you need a dictionary, madam, or you are of a significantly masochistic tendency.  ;)

Or you're taking this site way too seriously.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »
Second time around. 

There seems to be a number of fatal flaws in UA theory. 

First,   the earth's  gravitational field  diverges by a measurable amount,   this divergence causes the tidal effects which we see in things like the tidal locking of the moon. 
Second,   there are small variations in the gravitational field caused by non uniform material distribution and density,  these gravimetric surveys are well known.
Third,   there is a decrease in the gravitational field strength at higher altitudes. 

None of these observed phenomena can be explained by universal acceleration,   or can they?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 04:05:17 AM »
I was looking back, and found that I had missed out on this red letter day! I agree with Jroa, though he is being a little generous. The answers says nothing, and the obligatory "Read the Wiki" is in Junker's signature! Canned answer!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »
I was looking back, and found that I had missed out on this red letter day! I agree with Jroa, though he is being a little generous. The answers says nothing, and the obligatory "Read the Wiki" is in Junker's signature! Canned answer!

My Ozzy friend actually agreed with me!  Wait?  Is this a sign of the end of times?  ???