Does Australia exist?

• 68 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Does Australia exist?
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
Please tell me that nobody thinks that Australia doesn't exist. That would be a insult to those who live down under.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Does Australia exist?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »
What if they only think they live down under?

Globus Cruciger

• Go to: www.vaticancatholic.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
What if you only think the earth is flat?  (which you do)

The evidence for Australia's existence is abundant.  You will find well over 20 million people who would testify to living there.  Many others have visited as tourists.  Australia was on the world map long before the Flat Earth Society existed.  Australia also has a total of 28,529 native species of plants and animals [1].  On the other hand, the Mojave desert is believed to have "between 1,750 and 2,000 species of plants." [2]  The Australian accent (speech) is very different from a Californian accent.

Yet, contrary to all evidence, some FEers will obstinately deny or doubt the existence of Australia.  Such FEers are obviously not embarrassed to make themselves look so stupid.  They are simply liars.

[1] http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Facts/Plants-Animals/number-of-species-native-to-australia.php
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Desert
Outside the Traditional Catholic faith there is no salvation, but modern Rome has lost the faith: www.vaticancatholic.com
Have you seen this video? Amazing Evidence For God - Scientific Evidence For God -

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 05:41:45 PM »
What if you only think the earth is flat?  (which you do)

The evidence for Australia's existence is abundant.  You will find well over 20 million people who would testify to living there.  Many others have visited as tourists.  Australia was on the world map long before the Flat Earth Society existed.  Australia also has a total of 28,529 native species of plants and animals [1].  On the other hand, the Mojave desert is believed to have "between 1,750 and 2,000 species of plants." [2]  The Australian accent (speech) is very different from a Californian accent.

Yet, contrary to all evidence, some FEers will obstinately deny or doubt the existence of Australia.  Such FEers are obviously not embarrassed to make themselves look so stupid.  They are simply liars.

[1] http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Facts/Plants-Animals/number-of-species-native-to-australia.php
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Desert

How many of those 20 million have you personally met?  Perhaps you are merely taking NASA's word as truth in that number?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 05:56:24 PM »
Well, I think I live in Australia.
When I fly NW (roughly) I seem to end up in Brunei.
When I fly WNW (roughly) I seem to end up in Dubai.
When I fly ESE (roughly) I seem to end up in New Zealand.
From Melbourne sailing south I end up in a place the locals call Tasmania - mind you they think I just live on that big north island of Tasmania.
The northern tip of Cape York looks the right shape.
The very western bit (Steep Point) seems in the right place and travelling as far SW as possible I land on a corner with blustery winds and a lighthouse - probably Cape Leeuwin - it sure don't look like California!

The sun seems to do what I expect for Australia - rises in the SE and sets in the SW (in mid-summer).
At night the Southern Cross (I guess - it looks like the one in the books!) rotates about a point roughly 30° above the horizon!

That's enough for me yes, I think I live in Australia and it is in about the right place.

Globus Cruciger

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:22:59 PM »
How many of those 20 million have you personally met?  Perhaps you are merely taking NASA's word as truth in that number?
Do you believe it is impossible to know with reasonable certainty that those 20+ million people exist?  Do you believe that it is impossible to know anything that one has not personally observed or experienced with any reasonable certainty at all?

Also: Do you get paid to ask stupid questions with almost every single post you make?  Are you are a paid troll?  Does your 'infinite skull' avatar mean you are infinitely brain-dead?  Does the 'artificial intelligence' you claim to have mean you have fake/phony (i.e. zero) intelligence since 'artificial' can mean fake/phony?  It certainly looks to be that way.

"The Sceptic [or Zetetic] assumes the capacity of the intellect to criticize the faculty of knowledge, and thus, in so far as he denies its capacity to know anything, implicitly contradicts himself." - http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13516b.htm
Outside the Traditional Catholic faith there is no salvation, but modern Rome has lost the faith: www.vaticancatholic.com
Have you seen this video? Amazing Evidence For God - Scientific Evidence For God -

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
Do you believe it is impossible to know with reasonable certainty that those 20+ million people exist?  Do you believe that it is impossible to know anything that one has not personally observed or experienced with any reasonable certainty at all?

Also: Do you get paid to ask stupid questions with almost every single post you make?  Are you are a paid troll?  Does your 'infinite skull' avatar mean you are infinitely brain-dead?  Does the 'artificial intelligence' you claim to have mean you have fake/phony (i.e. zero) intelligence since 'artificial' can mean fake/phony?  It certainly looks to be that way.

"The Sceptic [or Zetetic] assumes the capacity of the intellect to criticize the faculty of knowledge, and thus, in so far as he denies its capacity to know anything, implicitly contradicts himself." - http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13516b.htm

C'mon now where's the Christian love? Even though you pretty much read my thoughts. ;D

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »
We had a visit from a distant cousin from Australia recently. He seemed he was certain there is a place called Australia and that was where he lived. Maybe I am a bit naive, but I just took his word for it.

His home address is in Sydney. I sent him a Christmas Card and he got it. He sent one to me and I got it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:23:39 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Globus Cruciger

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »
C'mon now where's the Christian love? Even though you pretty much read my thoughts. ;D

Can a Christian call someone a “fool”? - http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/can-christian-call-someone-fool/

I know people in Australia.  It's foolish to doubt whether it exists.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:02 PM »
Please tell me that nobody thinks that Australia doesn't exist. That would be a insult to those who live down under.

I live in Australia,  and I'm not sure it exists,  perhaps you could help out and bugger off to the  bottleshop and get another slab of VB while I think about it some more.

PS,   Don't get the cans get the stubbies. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:26:27 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:41:06 PM »
I have no idea what you just said.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Woody

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »

I live in Australia,  and I'm not sure it exists,  perhaps you could help out and bugger off to the  bottleshop and get another slab of VB while I think about it some more.

PS,   Don't get the cans get the stubbies.

As soon as I get an accurate FE map to navigate by I will gladly bugger off to the bottleshop and get you your beer.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:42:31 PM »
I have no idea what you just said.

Thus proving a separate language and culture exists,  which may or may not be Australia.   

I was going to link to Austen Tayshus,  but I suspect the culture shock might be too much,  you can google it if you are interested.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Is sarcasm okay
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:50 PM »
Does Australia exist?

No it does not. I know this because I have not personally verified it myself, and as we all know this is the only way to know things.
Also, the Flat Earth Maps depict Australia much bigger than what google says it to be. This discrepancy cries Conspiracy, planted by Google under the control of the NASA. Because we all know NASA controls all information around the world.

So I have just proven that Australia does not exist!

/s in case it was not obvious enough
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
I was going to link to Austen Tayshus,  but I suspect the culture shock might be too much,  you can google it if you are interested.
Nope.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 11:39:41 PM »
As soon as I get an accurate FE map to navigate by I will gladly bugger off to the bottleshop and get you your beer.

Sounds like I'm doomed to die of thirst.  :)

Does Australia exist?

No it does not. I know this because I have not personally verified it myself, and as we all know this is the only way to know things.
Also, the Flat Earth Maps depict Australia much bigger than what google says it to be. This discrepancy cries Conspiracy, planted by Google under the control of the NASA. Because we all know NASA controls all information around the world.

So I have just proven that Australia does not exist!

/s in case it was not obvious enough

I suspected as much,  and now that it's proven,  I can save a fortune in taxes.   If I can prove South Africa doesn't exist,  you might save yourself a quid or two as well...  :)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 03:04:52 AM »
I know Australia exists, I live here, but I am wondering if I exist, since no one saw my post :
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65756.msg1755255#msg1755255.

But, I do know the recipe for boiled Cockatoo!  Ingredients needed are only one smooth flat rock and a freshly plucked White Cockatoo.

Besides, anyone reckonin' Oz ain't fair dinkum's a few roos short in the top paddock.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:09 AM »
Australia's gotta exist, that's where I keep all my stuff

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:25 AM »
Your world kinda sucks if you only believe in what you have personally seen.
For example, I could doubt the existence of Copenhagen, the Confederacy, Confucius and Corundum, as I have never personally verified their existence.
However, the existence of these four is not in any doubt, at least in my mind, as I do believe other people, if what they claim is plausible.
I fail to see how the existence of a country that can be visited could ever be called into question.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 07:13:51 AM »
Do you believe in leprechauns too?

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
I know Australia exists, I live here, but I am wondering if I exist, since no one saw my post :
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65756.msg1755255#msg1755255.

But, I do know the recipe for boiled Cockatoo!  Ingredients needed are only one smooth flat rock and a freshly plucked White Cockatoo.

Besides, anyone reckonin' Oz ain't fair dinkum's a few roos short in the top paddock.

That's disgusting!!! Now I'm convince Australia exist. Who else eats like that?

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:37 AM »

You made a fallacy but I can't pinpoint which fallacy. So do you believe in air?

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »
Foster's. Its Australian for Beer.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »
Skepticists and non-believers are rampant on this website.

There might be some who would say that Luckenbach, Texas does not exist.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Yendor

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:54 PM »
Skepticists and non-believers are rampant on this website.

There might be some who would say that Luckenbach, Texas does not exist.

I know Dallas and Houston and town in between exist because I've personally been there. I knew you were from Texas, I could tell by your southern accent. 
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 04:42:17 PM »
I haven't seen a submarine therefore in WWI submarines were the facade for rockets that shoot out of a secret lab in the Earth's core.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »

You made a fallacy but I can't pinpoint which fallacy. So do you believe in air?
I believe it might be the "If you derail the topic enough people will submit to you" fallacy.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
No, because the existence of leprechauns is illogical.
They haven't been biologically described, or sighted with any degree of certainty by anyone with repute.
If one is found, categorised, and displays properties pertaining to leprechauns, i.e. granting three wishes and having a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, then sure, I will then believe in leprechauns.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
Foster's. Its Australian for Beer.
No. No it's not.
Victoria Bitter, mate. XXXX. Carlton Mid.
True Australian beer.

That's disgusting!!! Now I'm convince Australia exist. Who else eats like that?
Cockatoos taste bad.
Kangaroos taste quite nice though.

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
Well, I like Foster's, but I've never tried the others. So I can't argue! *GRIN*