Personal Observations You Can Test Yourself - it's round.

• 7 Replies
Personal Observations You Can Test Yourself - it's round.
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:17 PM »
I live in Australia.
1. When I visit London, Paris or Chicago, the moon looks different. It looks like it is almost upside down, compared to the moon I grew up with. That is what I expected to see based on Round Earth theory. If you are a traveller, check it out for yourself. If I were standing the same way up in Australia as in England, the moon would surely look the same.

2. When I travelled from Sydney to Johannesburg, the time difference was eight 8  hours. The sun rose and set at about the same local time. The flight time was consistent with the distance calculated according to RET. The flat earth disk would have greatly increased distance between time zones near its perimeter, surely. On a round earth, the East-West distance between time zones increases as you head South until you reach the Equator, then shrinks as you head further South. That is what I observe, based on my personal experience of flight times and latitudes.
You can check by looking at any world clock, and comparing it with airline schedules.

Re: Personal Observations You Can Test Yourself - it's round.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:13:36 PM »
1. That works on flat surfaces too. At least in theory - you can still see the Moon upside-down or rotated. That is not a problem. But in practice, in case of FE, you would see a different face. But FE doesn't care, because the first part works.

2. FE says it can't be measured according to FE "model" because there is no map to compare distances with - FE doesn't have any map. They won't care that any map with the FE property would increase distances on the southern hemisphere, becuase they somehow work.

Or you are put into sleep during the flight and they brainwash you in some way so the flight lasts more but in fact you think it lasted 8h.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »
1. The moon looks upside down because down is different, not because you are looking at it differently. Stand on your head, the world still looks the right way up. In either hemisphere, everything looks the right way up to you, the observer. But the moon is different between the two, relative to everything else. That is because everything is the other way up except the moon.

2. When I travel, I stay in touch with my home base all the time. I know what time I left, what time I arrived, and what the time zones are. No brainwashing or confusion can change the facts. Try it for yourself. Travel times and time zones are completely consistent with a round Earth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:23:54 AM »
1. The moon looks upside down because down is different, not because you are looking at it differently. Stand on your head, the world still looks the right way up. In either hemisphere, everything looks the right way up to you, the observer. But the moon is different between the two, relative to everything else. That is because everything is the other way up except the moon.

2. When I travel, I stay in touch with my home base all the time. I know what time I left, what time I arrived, and what the time zones are. No brainwashing or confusion can change the facts. Try it for yourself. Travel times and time zones are completely consistent with a round Earth.
It's good to hear from someone who has travelled a bit in the Southern Hemisphere. My travels have been to Europe (mainly Switzerland, France, UK and Ireland) so no massive distance discrepancy!

Yes, I agree with what you say and so would Brouwer,
Though with your point (1) on either a flat or globe earth. (Mind you I am guessing a bit!  - never having been on a Flat Earth!
In Australia we (yes, I'm an Aussie too) look more or less north to see the moon.
In England you would (if you had better weather than we did) look south. So, we are facing the other way.

On the second point, while the flat earthers don't really have an "official" map, most more or less accept the "North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection" - the so-called UN map.

Yes, we would agree, but if you get replies from FE supporters, don't expect much acceptance.

"Gleason's MAP" an 1892 Projection often used as Flat Earth

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:42 AM »
Explain this. Video.... And please don't rely me they're part of the conspiracy lol. Once it gets high enough you can clearly see the earth is curved.

And if you Google "balloon to space" you'll find loads of amateurs sending balloons to space. So please stop wasting your time with all this nonsense.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 05:28:22 AM »
The Moon rotates in the sky as it goes from East to West as viewed by anything that is an alt-azimuth mount (people included). With this mount, there are 3 rotations. To track something in the sky (Moon) you need to turn:
  • Right/Left to follow it from E to W.
  • Up/Down to follow it from E horizon up to where you are then back down to the W horizon
  • CW/CCW to keep its orientation (not obvious)
A person in the N hemisphere would have to turn (body) to the E horizon with his head against his left shoulder. Then turn right looking higher up and head straight up when the Moon is due S of him (apex). Then turn right looking lower and head against his right shoulder on the W horizon. This would keep the Moon in the same orientation (Moon's "north" toward the N.Pole all the time).

This is why equatorial mounts were invented. Once aligned with the N/S Celestial Pole, all one motor had to do was track the object in the sky turning once every 24 hrs. The orientation would always be the same (notice the 3rd pictures in the both series):
(http://www.astrotx.com/Field%20Rotation.htm)

Since people observe the objects in the sky (Moon, constellations, etc.) with their heads straight up (normal human posture), the objects appear to rotate in the sky going from the E to W horizon.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »
Reinforcing point 1.
Think of a tree. No matter which way you turn, or which side you are looking at, the leaves are always on the top.
Same with the moon. No matter which side of the planet, or the phase of the moon, or the time of night, the moon is always the same way up. If you change hemispheres, you are the other way up, so you see the moon as upside down. There is no other explanation for this phenomenon.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 04:48:07 PM »
Welcome to the trenches OP.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.