Antarctic sun

• 50 Replies
Re: Antarctic sun
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »
@feuk
Haha.  You're amazing!  You keep claiming to have this amazing knowledge but you have to produce a single source!  "I know where the quotes come from"  Cool!  Want to share them with us?  No?  Then I don't believe you.

Again, all you are doing is falling on Ad Hominem attacks and failing to provide your source. 

I'm disappointed.  I was hoping that the people in this forum would at least try to defend the Flat Earth theory.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 04:56:56 PM »
Btw, I fixed the double spacing after all your full stops for you.
I must repeat; this shit'd get you killed IRL - no wonder they keep you losers stuck safely behind a keyboard.

Double space after full stops, went out of fashion  with the demise of the golf ball electric typewriter,  and whiteout correcting fluid. 

You are showing your age.  I'm guessing  you are 55-65.

Byrd,  was keen to see Antarctica's resources developed,  that much is clear,  but the world saw it differently, and commercial development in Antarctica, as well as military activity is strictly forbidden,  as the treaty clearly states.

Not to mention that it's probably the most inhospitable place on the planet,  sub zero temperatures and  six months of darkness,  no thanks.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »
Hey, so I've spent 22 months total at the US owned McMurdo Station in Antarctica.  And while I was there, I experienced 24 hours of sunlight.  How does your model for the changing seasons and solar solstices explain that?
Know what I mean yet?  Now you know the type of arguments these FE supporters use to prop up their belief.
I have often said that they have new definitions for some words:
A lie   
Any evidence that denies the earth could be flat'
A liar   
Anyone promoting such evidence.
A fake   
Any documentary evidence against a flat earth
NASA   
A world wide conspiracy to deny knowledge of the flat earth to the masses.
Conspirator   
Anyone who claims first-hand knowledge of facts disproving the tenets of the Flat Earth movement.  Mind you there must be untold millions by now!
Mind you this conspiracy somehow seems to go back millenia, and extends to all countries with space programs.

Not all the Flat Earth supporters are like this, but by now you will have seen a few!  There is one classic case!  You might recognise him - don't blame the FEers or the other side for him!  He believes nothing and anyone disagreeing with his views is labelled a liar -  or worse!
The moderators are generally fair, but rarely add anything constructive.

All the best.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 10:11:53 PM »
I should charge you for lessons, really I should...
You'd soon starve if that's how you're thinking of making a living that way!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »
I should charge pay you for lessons, really I should...

Fixed that for you.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
Why?

What do you think you're teaching me?

Apart from how to lie, astroturf, troll, shill, sockpuppet, time-waste & generally be an absolutely useless disinfo agent?

I assure you, nobody believes a word you say on this forum any more.

So everything you do from now on just undermines your cause.

I'm happy with that; are you?

Toodle-pip, Uncle Jimmy!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »
What do you think you're teaching me?

Well spotted, little voodoo creep,  but it's an uphill battle,  you are going to fail if you don't knuckle down, pull your socks up, and start having a go,  it will be back to the poetry class for you.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 11:38:41 PM »
Lol psycho!

Now this:

I must repeat; this shit'd get you killed IRL - no wonder they keep you losers stuck safely behind a keyboard.

Double space after full stops, went out of fashion  with the demise of the golf ball electric typewriter,  and whiteout correcting fluid. 

Byrd,  was keen to see Antarctica's resources developed,  that much is clear,  but the world saw it differently, and commercial development in Antarctica, as well as military activity is strictly forbidden,  as the treaty clearly states.

Not to mention that it's probably the most inhospitable place on the planet,  sub zero temperatures and  six months of darkness,  no thanks.

Note the single space after the first comma in the first sentence of your above non-post.

Note that you couldn't be bothered post-editing all the rest of the automated double-spaces out thereafter.

Note that the only point of your non-post was to emphasise this single-space & to fish for personal info re my age.

Note that you have now confirmed your use of persona management software, given away info as to its capabilities & limitations, & openly shown you are an intel-gatherer.

Note that your fieldcraft is still terrible & would still get you killed IRL.

Note LOL!!!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 12:11:01 AM »
Lol psycho!

Now this:

Note the single space after the first comma in the first sentence of your above non-post.

Note that you couldn't be bothered post-editing all the rest of the automated double-spaces out thereafter.

Note that the only point of your non-post was to emphasise this single-space & to fish for personal info re my age.

Note that you have now confirmed your use of persona management software, given away info as to its capabilities & limitations, & openly shown you are an intel-gatherer.

Note that your fieldcraft is still terrible & would still get you killed IRL.

Note LOL!!!

Quick scan,  nope usual angry drivel,   now,  what could the little voodoo creep have to be angry about?   I sense an unhealthy dose of paranoia brewing there as well. 

Are we going to have another meltdown?   Go ahead,  I promise not to laugh this time.    ..... cough cough ...

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 12:28:08 AM »
I don't see how grammar kills people.

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 01:00:18 AM »
@feuk
Haha.  You're amazing!  You keep claiming to have this amazing knowledge but you have to produce a single source!  "I know where the quotes come from"  Cool!  Want to share them with us?  No?  Then I don't believe you.

Again, all you are doing is falling on Ad Hominem attacks and failing to provide your source. 

I'm disappointed.  I was hoping that the people in this forum would at least try to defend the Flat Earth theory.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.
Simply search for admiral Byrds diary,
you might not believe, however it will forever be connected to the man.
It's actually quite hard to research admiral Byrd and not come across it.

Now, on to your demands.
You want a detailed explanation on how the sun would interact with a flat earth.
Where would be my starting point ?
Where is my information reference point ?
am I able to access huge funds and wharehouses full of technology in order to collect my own data and images ?

Consider this,

Can you tell me what lies past the edge of your universe model ?
Is there even an edge ?
If you can't tell me because it is beyond your abilities does this make your universe model redundant ?

some food for thought.
"How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It's not easy to become sane."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »
@feuk

Simply search for admiral Byrds diary,
you might not believe, however it will forever be connected to the man.
It's actually quite hard to research admiral Byrd and not come across it.

Now, on to your demands.
You want a detailed explanation on how the sun would interact with a flat earth.
Where would be my starting point ?
Where is my information reference point ?
am I able to access huge funds and wharehouses full of technology in order to collect my own data and images ?

Consider this,

Can you tell me what lies past the edge of your universe model ?
Is there even an edge ?
If you can't tell me because it is beyond your abilities does this make your universe model redundant ?
some food for thought.

I simple cannot understand you!  Billyjoetiger makes a simple request in his OP, and look how you have replied!

Hey, so I've spent 22 months total at the US owned McMurdo Station in Antarctica.  And while I was there, I experienced 24 hours of sunlight.  How does your model for the changing seasons and solar solstices explain that?

He asks a simple question How does your model for the changing seasons and solar solstices explain that?.  Now what about a simple answer instead of all the attacks!

There seems to be a whole new bunch of "attack dogs" on this site.  It looks almost as though they are "Paid Mercenaries!".  They know next to nothing about their own flat earth model, yet spend all their time trying to pick holes in the Globe Earth Model.

You ask silly things like:
"Can you tell me what lies past the edge of your universe model ?
Is there even an edge ?"  No, of course there is no "edge" to a globe!  There may be parts of Antarctica not thoroughly explored, I simply don't know.

Now, run off and patch up all the punctures in your flat earth.  I could name half a dozen serious problems right off, followed up by more if you want.

Maybe then you can come back and answer some questions about it!

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 05:21:14 AM »
::)

Swing and a miss.

Obviously my point was about the edge of the universe,
and if by not knowing the universe has an edge does this make your universe model redundant.
It's a simple comparison,
No attacks as you claim.

You may also have noticed I highlighted the lack of independent information to work with.

It's all there just above your post,
Please reread.
Thank you.
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It's not easy to become sane."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 06:53:39 PM »
::)

Swing and a miss.
Obviously my point was about the edge of the universe,
and if by not knowing the universe has an edge does this make your universe model redundant.
It's a simple comparison,
No attacks as you claim.
You may also have noticed I highlighted the lack of independent information to work with.
It's all there just above your post,
Please reread.
Thank you.

I don't know who you are replying to, but my Universe is essentially boundless - well we don't know the bounds of it!

So, I don't see how "not knowing the universe has an edge does this make your universe model redundant."

In fact I can't see what you mean.

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2016, 01:36:19 AM »
It's quite simple my friend,
By not knowing how your universal model works does not make it redundant in your opinion does it ?

your "expanding universe", you claim, is infinite.
but with no data or explanation so is your faith in this idea.

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 02:08:33 AM »
It's quite simple my friend,
By not knowing how your universal model works does not make it redundant in your opinion does it ?

your "expanding universe", you claim, is infinite.
but with no data or explanation so is your faith in this idea.

The observable Universe is always finite, because infinity isn't observable. That is also why it can expand (an infinite universe couldn't expand anywhere).

But you can keep expanding the observable universe ad imfinitum.

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 02:56:36 AM »
The observable Universe is always finite, because infinity isn't observable. That is also why it can expand (an infinite universe couldn't expand anywhere).

Interesting,
But of course you are not observing the universe as it is bit rather as it was according to the most popular paradigm.

I might start a thread on it.

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 03:14:35 AM »

Interesting,
But of course you are not observing the universe as it is bit rather as it was according to the most popular paradigm.

I might start a thread on it.

Maybe, but that differs between subjects. It's theoretically possible that an observation is unmarred by any specific cognitive bias (e.g. made by a child).

Obviously that wont enable you to observe anything as it objectively is. All observations are made by subjects and therefore subjective. In our case we see the Universe not as it is, but as it appears to humans.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:17:25 AM by Ecthelion »

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 03:48:05 AM »
I think you misunderstand.

If the sun exploded you would still be happily sun bathing for eight minutes unaware the sun had gone.

For those eight minutes you would be seeing something that had ceased to exist in space.
Of course you would swear it's there because you are observing it,

My point being observing an object far away does not mean it exists,
only that it had once existed.
current locations of objects are not verifiable by observation.

Hence my point about a universe model sold as fact due to observation.

(all based on the most popular paradigm)

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 04:58:03 AM »
I think you misunderstand.

If the sun exploded you would still be happily sun bathing for eight minutes unaware the sun had gone.

For those eight minutes you would be seeing something that had ceased to exist in space.
Of course you would swear it's there because you are observing it,

My point being observing an object far away does not mean it exists,
only that it had once existed.
current locations of objects are not verifiable by observation.

Hence my point about a universe model sold as fact due to observation.

(all based on the most popular paradigm)

Thanks for your reply. I think I know where you want to go with your example, but you choose a situation that is a bit unusual, because we are dealing with the information already moving at the speed of light. I am not sure if the speed of light is also the maximum speed of information, because if that is the case, then you could reasonably say that if the "light-horizon" hasn't reached you yet, the event hasn't happened.

Now, I think you didn't actually want to go into the specifics of that scenario, so allow me to propose a different example: Instead of the sun, let's use a radio, or any other speaker, and let's say it is so far away that, when it explodes, you still hear it play for 30 seconds (the information could have traveled to you much faster, though).

I think the different example also makes the problem much clearer. It shows that there is a two step process: What you hear, and thereby observe, is the sound, not the radio. In the sun example, you observe light, not the sun. There is at least one extra step before you can say that the radio/the sun exists.

So you are not really observing something that doesn't exist. You simply conclude that whatever emitted the thing you are actually observing still exists - which unfortunately is an unwarranted assumption.

Note that this doesn't mean we can know nothing. You still know that the sound/light was emitted before it reached you and determine the cause.

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
Interesting ^

The exploding radio is a good example.
Watching through a telescope (and with it loud enough to hear) you would still be receiving the sound waves after seeing it explode.

distance would govern the length of the delay between the light and sound.

the sound waves exist after the source is destroyed,

the same as light waves exist after the source is destroyed.

Distance and journey would determine the delay of observation.