The Curve of The Earth According To NASA's Own Dimensions of The Earth

• 102 Replies

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
Re: The Curve of The Earth According To NASA's Own Dimensions of The Earth
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
We aren't supposed to be able to detect the curve, because the world is supposed to be sooo hugeeeeee!  But, we're still supposed to have a drop of around 4,000 miles over 6,000 miles.  That's 2/3rds of a mile, over every mile or eight inches over every foot, then after about 6,000 miles, climb about 8 inches for every foot!  The earth is supposed to be basically a sphere.  Not a square or a rectangle, but a sphere. 

Nobody observes it, but we're supposed to accept it, because if you knock a cup off a table, it falls down!   ;D
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

?

frenat

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
We aren't supposed to be able to detect the curve, because the world is supposed to be sooo hugeeeeee!  But, we're still supposed to have a drop of around 4,000 miles over 6,000 miles.  That's 2/3rds of a mile, over every mile or eight inches over every foot, then after about 6,000 miles, climb about 8 inches for every foot!  The earth is supposed to be basically a sphere.  Not a square or a rectangle, but a sphere. 

Nobody observes it, but we're supposed to accept it, because if you knock a cup off a table, it falls down!   ;D

That you are still claiming 8 inches per foot shows you don't understand how a curve works.  You can't take the total and divide by the number of miles.  You'd know that if you bothered to read any of the replies to you.

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
Ha. You know, if you keep going, you'll eventually make it to the exact opposite end of the earth, the means that the earth must always be a straight vertical drop.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
Ha. You know, if you keep going, you'll eventually make it to the exact opposite end of the earth, the means that the earth must always be a straight vertical drop.

First of all, I think I can help you with that signature! lol

Secondly, You might just be going around a circle on a flat plane. 

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

?

frenat

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

Nope.  Because then the Sun would always be rising in the North East.  That doesn't happen in the real world.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2016, 04:18:50 PM »

8) I always knew that Americans thought they were the "centre of the Universe, and everything rotates about the great US of A".  8)
;D ;D ;D Now you have proved it. Congratulations!  ;D ;D ;D

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:34 PM »

Nope.  Because then the Sun would always be rising in the North East.  That doesn't happen in the real world.

The orbit of the sun changes on a flat earth model too. 

?

frenat

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »

Yes, but if you actually look at where it would be at sunrise it would always be in the North East.  doesn't happen in the real world.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »

Yes, but if you actually look at where it would be at sunrise it would always be in the North East.  doesn't happen in the real world.

Are you talking about that picture or flat earth in general, because most fe'ers, as i understand it, think that the sun's circuit varies throughout the year, hence the changing seasons and length of days.  So, its rising and setting would change. 

?

frenat

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2016, 07:04:29 PM »

Are you talking about that picture or flat earth in general, because most fe'ers, as i understand it, think that the sun's circuit varies throughout the year, hence the changing seasons and length of days.  So, its rising and setting would change.
AGAIN, yes.  But for the majority of people, whether the Sun is on its northern or southern path it would still rise North East.  In the real world it rises due East for EVERYONE on the equinoxes and South East for half the year.  Can't happen on flat Earth.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »

AGAIN, yes.  But for the majority of people, whether the Sun is on its northern or southern path it would still rise North East.  In the real world it rises due East for EVERYONE on the equinoxes and South East for half the year.  Can't happen on flat Earth.

I don't know why you think that, but I don't see that problem. 

?

frenat

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »

I think that because IF the world were flat with the sun running in a circle above that is how it would work.  I'm aware you don't see the problem.  You seem to have trouble visualizing how your own model works let alone the globe of reality. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2016, 01:46:25 AM »
I think that because IF the world were flat with the sun running in a circle above that is how it would work.  I'm aware you don't see the problem.  You seem to have trouble visualizing how your own model works let alone the globe of reality.
Some flat earthers seem to lack the " ;D 3D gene  ;D".