Video war: Jeranism vs mikeman7918

• 90 Replies
Re: Video war: Jeranism vs mikeman7918
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 03:54:33 AM »
This is a thread dedicated to the up and coming video war that Jeranism and I are doing.  All the videos we make as part of the war will be posted here to the people on the forum can follow along and make comments.

Lately, Jeranism has been working on his video and I have made a YouTube channel that I will use for debunking conspiracy stuff.  At the moment I have just created the profile picture:

I also have a great idea for the logo animation that will really test my animation skills and if all goes well it will be awesome.  I don't expect that do be done for a while though.  Fortionately it is possible to add an intro to an existing YouTube video, so I will just do that when the animation is ready.

If you havn't been keeping up with this, you can find the rules of the war here.  The games will begin once Jeranism makes the first video, may the best model win!

Jeranism, the guy who seriously thinks that space rockets are filled with helium to appear lifting off at the start and use bhutan torches for visual trick of thrust ? :D

There is a fundamental problem debating this type of guys, they accept as a proof and argument things that they are just made up, the main theme is around what they think and if you request the proof or any base of argument they just cant understand why dont you SEE what they see.

Like debating with 3 years old:

'There is an experiment that can be done as follows:-
Take a tall, narrow container and fill it to the brim with water, then pour the water into a wide, flat container. Refill the first tall, narrow container. Do this slowly and carefully in front of a group of three year olds. Then ask them which container has the most water. They will all say the tall narrow one. Even though they SAW all the water from the tall narrow one going into the short, wide one, they will consistently say that the tall one has the most water. No amount of explaining or repetition will convince the three year olds that the amount of water is the same. There is nothing wrong with these three year olds. The problem is that they have not reached a stage of development where they can reason and their visual judgement is also not yet developed, which is why "tall" = "bigger" for them. Show the same experiment to six or seven year olds and most of them will figure out for themselves that the water is equal, and if they don't, they can be reasoned with and will understand. It's not about education, it's just normal intellectual development."

No amount of patient reasoning or clear demonstration will overcome his lack of intellectual development. Like any other three year old, Jism scream that he is right, because he cannot see what the grown-ups are trying to explain.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 09:52:59 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I haven't been on this forum lately because I moved on to other things for a while.  Even though I am back I won't be too active on this forum, but videos give me a chase to practice some skills that could come in handy (like flash animation, which there will be a bit of in my videos) and they allow for much more versatility then text based communication.  I think it will be quite fun, and I am just as excited as the rest of you to see how this plays out.

I watched Jeranism's latest video and in the end he did mention this video debate, so his subscribers are aware of this too.  Here is a link to that video, and the link will automatically bring you to when he mentions it:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Oh yeah, and sorry about encouraging Heiwa.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:54:38 PM by mikeman7918 »
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Can you start a video war with Jarrah White while you're at it? That guy's a tool.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »

Don't be sorry! I really appreciate your support to improve my Challenges. It gives me hope that even the most brainwashed American learns something from them.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2016, 04:39:58 AM »
Don't be sorry! I really appreciate your support to improve my Challenges. It gives me hope that even the most brainwashed American learns something from them.

Says the person that believes people can't go to space because they can't have sex while they're up there...

EDIT: Just look at the linked quote in my sig for proof.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:59:10 AM by palmerito0 »
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2016, 05:38:28 PM »
I really appreciate your support to improve my Challenges.

You have not presented a single "challenge".

You have scripted a few incoherent poems that can not be addressed
with logic, reason or facts.

It gives me hope that even the most brainwashed American learns something from them.

Guess which finger.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 03:51:55 AM »
Jeranism has contacted me again recently, he has apparently been quite busy lately.  The challenge is back on though, and he told me that he should be done with his video in the next few days.  I am bumping this thread to inform any newer users about this challenge and I will still be posting the videos I make here as planned.  Finally, after 5 months, this video war is happening.
yeah yeah yeah
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 08:07:29 AM »

I haven't been on this forum lately because I moved on to other things for a while.  Even though I am back I won't be too active on this forum, but videos give me a chase to practice some skills that could come in handy (like flash animation, which there will be a bit of in my videos) and they allow for much more versatility then text based communication.  I think it will be quite fun, and I am just as excited as the rest of you to see how this plays out.

I watched Jeranism's latest video and in the end he did mention this video debate, so his subscribers are aware of this too.  Here is a link to that video, and the link will automatically bring you to when he mentions it:

Rip him a new one kid and force his own shit down his throat sideways, metaphorically of course! I cant stand the creepy lil bullshitting weirdo. 

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 09:13:00 AM »

Rip him a new one kid and force his own shit down his throat sideways, metaphorically of course! I cant stand the creepy lil bullshitting weirdo. 

You can't stand anyone who has a different idea than you have.  Do you practice your Nazi salute in the mirror every morning? 

getrealzommb

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 09:53:49 AM »

You can't stand anyone who has a different idea than you have.  Do you practice your Nazi salute in the mirror every morning?

Why shouldn't I? I absolutely detest the muppet.
Why should I tolerate absolute Bullshit from an ignorant fool? Worse than that he tries to recruit others into his weirdo cult of disinformation and is making money by regressing society; well at least those with below average intellect who chose to believe him.

I will pull anyone up on bullshit,

I will  admit it when I discover something I said was wrong, would Jizm..... nope not a chance.

Jroa, hes worse than you!

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
  • The deception of NASA is without measure.
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »

uploaded[/size]

Okay Mike-

Your're up.  The video is posted.  I went a little long on the intro and then three quick points.  Feel free to take as long as you want on an intro, answer my three points and give me your three. Obviously my subsequent videos will be far shorter.  Questions, go ahead and ask but to answer your first question...  no you shouldn't feel ashamed for thinking it was a ball... we all did. Just some of us didn't make 5400 posts saying it's a ball.

FIXED with better sound: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

May the correct model win, not the one that is simply accepted by the masses afraid of being called stupid.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:00:01 AM by jeranism »

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 09:04:02 PM »
I only really understand point two, but it was a good point :)
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »

uploaded
Okay Mike-

Your're up.  The video is posted.  I went a little long on the intro and then three quick points.  Feel free to take as long as you want on an intro, answer my three points and give me your three. Obviously my subsequent videos will be far shorter.  Questions, go ahead and ask but to answer your first question...  no you shouldn't feel ashamed for thinking it was a ball... we all did. Just some of us didn't make 5400 posts saying it's a ball.

May the correct model win, not the one that is simply accepted by the masses afraid of being called stupid.

Get ready to be obliterated, yyyyism.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 11:56:35 PM »
I have seen the video and I will begin working on the response in the morning.  I already have a pretty solid plan about how I will do it, it's just a matter of writing a script, narrating the video, and doing a bit of animation to help drive home the point.  I will get right to work on it in the morning.

PS: that scrolling text is really annoying.

?

palmerito0

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »
MARQUEE SHOULD HAVE DIED IN THE 90s

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »
Dont worry guys, Jism made his video practically unwatchable with a fuckin twenty minutes stupid bullshit intro that not even flat earth stuff :D Oh and loud annoying music

getrealzommb

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »
Pathetic jizm video. I was going to wish Mike good luck, but I don't think he even needs it. My kids could respond successfully to debunk  his claims.

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »
The intro was OK, a bit of humor regarding Mikes posts per day :D and then a bit of fun theorizing, not everything has to be serious y'know
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2016, 02:51:02 PM »
To all of you criticizing jeranism's video:  feel free to make your own. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »

I'm already working on it, as that is the point of the debate.

getrealzommb

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »

If I had decent upload speeds I'd be all over it. Unfortunately for me rural UK broadband sucks ass. Not even in scope for fiber upgrade, EVER ???

Couldn't move back to city life though. I just love the space I get here.

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:36 AM »
Sorry if you don't like my videos. I stick to the same format that I have from the start which is making videos with things I think are interesting and things I think are funny. Thanks for telling them to do their own videos jroa, people seem to forget that they can do that.

So, for those who say that their children can debunk the questions I asked... why not put them down here to enlighten us all?  I realize you want to believe you were taught the truth... but the real truth is unfortunately the opposite of that.  So, tell me this...

Since FLAT EARTH is so dumb. Since it is so stupid and moronic, can you tell me why there are no less than 5 or 6 pretty populated forums about the topic with no real conclusion being reached? Do you think there is a reason for being taught something is stupid and then finding out that maybe it isn't quite as stupid as you were taught. Not quite as easy as we all assumed.  Where is another forum please with two sides arguing a point and one of those points was taught as retarded and ancient and another taught as truth and fact.

Please link me to the cars actually run on water forum.  And as I stated in the video... if you think flat earth is dumb... if you think I am a moron... I promise you that

YOU ARE NOT WEALTHY
YOU ARE NOT IN GOVERNMENT
YOU DO NOT GO TO SPACE
YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A MANSION        wake up there is a reason for that

So, please explain my 3 point...

1. Polaris has never moved. Please show evidence that it does.  Evidence is not a link to wikipedia.

2. Please explain why the Globe in no way accounts for the North/South difference in temperatures, animals, and plants. How are the top 14 temperatures of all time in the North when the South has the sun 3,000,000 miles closer and an ozone hole.

3. Why does no one know about the number 0.318?  Why are we not taught that if you know the circumference of a circle that multiplying it by 0.318 will give you the radius and then from that you can double it to get the diameter?  Why is there no mathematical formula for curvature of a circle?

Just wake up and stop delaying the eventual realization that those in charge of this world have trapped us all here.  Or keep dreaming of space and Elon Musk stroking your hair.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 01:12:43 AM »
Sorry if you don't like my videos. I stick to the same format that I have from the start which is making videos with things I think are interesting and things I think are funny. Thanks for telling them to do their own videos jroa, people seem to forget that they can do that.

I think a few have. I would, but I don't have the time.

So, for those who say that their children can debunk the questions I asked... why not put them down here to enlighten us all?  I realize you want to believe you were taught the truth... but the real truth is unfortunately the opposite of that.  So, tell me this...

Since FLAT EARTH is so dumb. Since it is so stupid and moronic, can you tell me why there are no less than 5 or 6 pretty populated forums about the topic with no real conclusion being reached?

Umm... The entire flat earth community can't sustain itself. It is a self-contradictory quantum clusterturd.

Do you think there is a reason for being taught something is stupid and then finding out that maybe it isn't quite as stupid as you were taught. Not quite as easy as we all assumed.  Where is another forum please with two sides arguing a point and one of those points was taught as retarded and ancient and another taught as truth and fact.

I think there is this... compiled group of flat earthers who are the most convincing and the most popular. They don't really like each other most of the time, but they have convinced a lot of people to believing the earth is flat. This "group" includes you. Flat earth is served as truth when it is in fact deceiving the ones serving it as well as the ones receiving it and accepting it.

Please link me to the cars actually run on water forum.

Cars either run on gas or electric mostly. Gas is a liquid, but that doesn't make it water.

And as I stated in the video... if you think flat earth is dumb... if you think I am a moron... I promise you that

YOU ARE NOT WEALTHY

You need to have the right stuff...

You need to have the right stuff.

YOU DO NOT GO TO SPACE

YOU NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF.

YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A MANSION

YOU NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF!!!

wake up there is a reason for that

Well yeah. It's your choice man. You fail you fail.

1. Polaris has never moved. Please show evidence that it does.  Evidence is not a link to wikipedia.

This is more of a logical reasoning thing than evidence but I'll do it.

We are moving across the galaxy. The sun orbiting around Sagittarius A. Other stars doing different orbits around that black hole. Some stars might have to catch up, will retrograde, or will rocket off from outta nowhere. But remember the orbital period of the Sun is millions of years, so this happens very gradually. We will expect Polaris to eventually move.

2. Please explain why the Globe in no way accounts for the North/South difference in temperatures, animals, and plants. How are the top 14 temperatures of all time in the North when the South has the sun 3,000,000 miles closer and an ozone hole.

That distance difference only accounts for about 0.032% of distance at aphelion (farthest distance from the sun). Yup that's right, 0.032% closer. Doesn't make much difference does it?

3. Why does no one know about the number 0.318?  Why are we not taught that if you know the circumference of a circle that multiplying it by 0.318 will give you the radius and then from that you can double it to get the diameter?  Why is there no mathematical formula for curvature of a circle?

I just tried it, it doesn't work.

Just wake up and stop delaying the eventual realization that those in charge of this world have trapped us all here.  Or keep dreaming of space and Elon Musk stroking your hair.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

?

Kami

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:45 AM »

1. The distance to polaris is far, far, far bigger than the speeds we are moving at. It is about 4 000 000 000 000 000 kilometers away! As we revolve around the sun we cover a diameter of about 300 000 000km, that is 0.0000003% of the distance to polaris (didn't double check my math, there might be a 0 missing or too much, but this should give you a little impression on the distances involved.

2. When the earth is further away from the sun (about 0,03%, I think), it moves slower due to kepler's second law. So the northern hemisphere tilts toward the sun for a longer time, resulting in the effect you mentioned. Also, climate is very complex and not only depends on distance and angle to the sun.

3. Are you kidding me? This number is (after rounding) equal to 1/pi, where pi is one of the most well-known numbers of the world! Also: Wrong, multiply the circumfence of a circle by 0.318 and you get the diameter, not the radius.

?

palmerito0

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 03:12:52 AM »

I am a child, and I will proceed to debunk this.

Since FLAT EARTH is so dumb. Since it is so stupid and moronic, can you tell me why there are no less than 5 or 6 pretty populated forums about the topic with no real conclusion being reached? Do you think there is a reason for being taught something is stupid and then finding out that maybe it isn't quite as stupid as you were taught. Not quite as easy as we all assumed.  Where is another forum please with two sides arguing a point and one of those points was taught as retarded and ancient and another taught as truth and fact.

You obviously don't know how stupid people can be:

Forum for people who believe they can control magic: http://wizardforums.com/
Forum for people who believe they are animals stuck in human bodies: http://otherkincommunity.net/forums
Forum for general weird stuff (this one does have some debate), mainly paranormal: unexplained-mysteries.com

There's also debate.org (which I used to frequent). Plenty of misc debates on basically anything.

Please link me to the cars actually run on water forum.  And as I stated in the video... if you think flat earth is dumb... if you think I am a moron... I promise you that

YOU ARE NOT WEALTHY

Stephen Hawking seems pretty well-off nowadays
Neil deGrasse Tyson isn't doing too bad either

Obama used you guys to insult climate change deniers

YOU DO NOT GO TO SPACE

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">This vid is so satisfying

YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A MANSION        wake up there is a reason for that

Paper on the parallax of Polaris based on data from the Hipparcos satellite

See Kami's post. Didn't know about this, very interesting.

3. Why does no one know about the number 0.318?  Why are we not taught that if you know the circumference of a circle that multiplying it by 0.318 will give you the radius and then from that you can double it to get the diameter?

Because it easier to remember a single formula and then shuffle around numbers as you need it:
  • Start with equation of the circumference of a circle: C=πd
  • Multiply both sides by 1/π: d = C/π
  • Which is the same as: d = C * 1/π
  • 1/π is approximately 0.318

1/π is approximately 0.318

This actually gives the diameter, so you failed at basic math.

Why is there no mathematical formula for curvature of a circle?

Did you even take fucking Geometry (a freshman/sophmore class) in high school?

The standard formula of a circle (taking the definition that it is a set of all the points equally distant from a given point) is
(x-h)2 + (y-k)2 = r2
Where (h,k) is the center of the circle and r its radius.

This can be extended to a third dimension quite easily:
(x-h)2 + (y-k)2 + (z-l)2 = r2
Where (h,k,l) is the center of the sphere and r its radius

I thought the dome kept us trapped on the Earth?

You should stop dreaming that you are some sort of "saving prophet" that is revealing the truth to the ignorant masses.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 03:47:24 AM »
Did everyone know Mike is just a kid? Or am I the only one that just learned this?  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJo2bsOdDUf29XTpOQWU03A

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 04:53:27 AM »
Clearly it should be obvious why I won't be checking in here.  The guys in this forum are far beyond gone. No use trying to convince people that just because words are in a book or a science book says so, doesn't make it true. For the record, you all believe in evolution. Hahaha.  That's rich.  And you believe in people like Eratosthenes.... even better... yeah he existed and wasn't mentioned by anyone else...  just minded his business until all humanities knowledge went up in flames in the 6 week fire in Alexandria.  Uh huh.  And Copernicus published his book the day before he died and Newton wrote all about religion and revelation and added calculus in his spare time.

You clowns will believe anything you hear.  I got better places to be like ummm anywhere. 

?

palmerito0

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2016, 04:54:25 AM »
Did everyone know Mike is just a kid? Or am I the only one that just learned this?  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJo2bsOdDUf29XTpOQWU03A

Does it matter?

EDIT: That vid was more than a year and a half ago.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:59:15 AM by palmerito0 »

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2016, 05:01:40 AM »
Did everyone know Mike is just a kid?
Yep, and you will get your ass handed to you by a child.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2016, 05:02:49 AM »
LOL

That one's a keeper...I wonder if there's room in my sig....
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.