Why do flat earther keep believing the model even though it has been disproved?

• 8 Replies
?

ergovivo

The celestial sphere topic disproves the FE model, link in sig. So why do people here still believe it, have they not seen the post, do they believe the stars are holograms like one loony here. I have sent messages to a few admins, they should of seen the thread by now, so why do they still believe in FET.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
ergovivo, you can not make multiple threads with that link and asking for an answer.  If you do that one more time you will be banned.  Please pick the thread you wish to keep asking the question in and stay in that thread until it is answered. Any other mention of it will be removed along with you.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
So does that mean he can't ask that question here on this thread?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Jack

• Administrator
He just needs to refrain from flooding the upper forums with it, as doing so constitutes spamming. We're not packing up our belongings simply because he thinks he has "disproved" our model. He's not the first--and he certainly won't be the last--to proclaim our model has been made invalid.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:19:40 PM by Jack »

Please pick the thread you wish to keep asking the question in and stay in that thread until it is answered.
The point is that those questions remain unanswered no matter how many times they are asked. Good examples are in my signature too.

The model itselfs has not been disprooved yet, it just makes no sense with current information that is provided with wiki, FAQ etc. This is why there are so many reteating questions. Answering them for once and/or including some of it in FAQ/wiki would help...

He's not the first--and he certainly won't be the last--to proclaim our model has been made invalid.
There's a model? 

Anyway to answer:

"Why do flat earther keep believing the model even though it has been disproved?"

Simply put: it wouldn't be much of a Flat Earth Society if they all stopped pretending the world was flat, would it?  I think you maybe miss the point of the FES.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

ergovivo

He just needs to refrain from flooding the upper forums with it, as doing so constitutes spamming. We're not packing up our belongings simply because he thinks he has "disproved" our model. He's not the first--and he certainly won't be the last--to proclaim our model has been made invalid.
So you say my prove is wrong with no justification. That's all you idiots are capable off, you keep ignoring the facts.
Ill split the argument up into pieces, just say which bit is wrong.
1. The working map of the stars is spherical.
2. The map can be easily verified, so you could easily show it if it was fake.
4. A spherical map of the stars wouldn't work in the southern hemisphere if there was no SCP (south celestial poll)
5. On a flat earth, there is no SCP, because there is no single place that is most south.
6.  Since the sphere map works, there is no SCP, so the earth isn't flat.
What point is wrong?
None of them!!!

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
The south celestial pole argument is nothing new. 

The flat earth model has been conclusively disproven many times over and over,  however,  there is a logical conundrum that cannot be overcome to disprove conspiracy. 

Put quite simply,  it is logically impossible to disprove conspiracy,  it can only ever be proven.   Any attempted disproof can be considered as simply part of the conspiracy and therefore invalidated.

So yes,  it's easily proven that the earth is round,  ( insert  photo of earth taken from space )  that's not the stumbling block,  it's the conspiracy mindset.

That said,  it's still fun to debate the questions like,  is the space program real,  do satellites exist,  and where is the edge... 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:33:00 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

ergovivo

There is a small possibility that NASA could be lying, and map maker are lying.
But I see no way that the stars can be faked, do all FEers believe that the stars are holograms, and all records of stars existing in the past are faked. Because that is taking things to a new level.
Saying NASA are liers is a 9/11 level conspiracy. But saying the stars are holograms, and that they have always been a hologram, or all records of stars existing are faked, makes it an Obama is a lizard level conspiracy.