Why are the churches globe Earth?

• 15 Replies
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »
I have explained flat Earth to some religious friends and family of mine, and they all look at me like its crazy talk.

I mean if it could be proven that the Earth was flat, the sun and moon were only 3000 miles away. That there was a dome covering the planet that had lights on it to show the stars. That we are the true center of the Universe. It would show a created world just for us.

I mean I would convert and believe in God tomorrow. It would help the churches out to no end. They would stand to make a lot more money, from more donations from converted people.

So why are churches globe Earth?

Re: Why are the churches globe Earth?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:00:51 AM »
I have explained flat Earth to some religious friends and family of mine, and they all look at me like its crazy talk.

I mean if it could be proven that the Earth was flat, the sun and moon were only 3000 miles away. That there was a dome covering the planet that had lights on it to show the stars. That we are the true center of the Universe. It would show a created world just for us.

I mean I would convert and believe in God tomorrow. It would help the churches out to no end. They would stand to make a lot more money, from more donations from converted people.

Because they have become incorporated not for profit charities &  companies,  for tax exemption purposes .
Rock the boat with corporate government & they could lose that status.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:10:31 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don'tů:

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:35:39 AM »

Because they have become incorporated not for profit charities &  companies,  for tax exemption purposes .
Rock the boat with corporate government & they could lose that status.

But some churches especially in the USA, make ridiculous amounts of money.

They would stand to make even more if they spent some of that money showing a God created world.

They could send an expedition to the edge at the South Pole. They could launch their own rockets and satellites.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »
Because its not true. Throw any verse you can dig up that "proves" the earth is flat and I'll show you why it's not saying that its flat.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:00:44 PM »
Ok my last topic seemed to have been blown apart and vanished. Maybe I should have reworded it.

Proof the Earth is a globe. All the churches are Globe Earth.

This still deserves to be in Flat Earth Debate.

Why are churches not promoting Flat Earth? I mean they would pull in billions of followers if they could prove a created Earth. A flat Earth, with a moon and sun only 3000 miles away. With a dome overhead. I know I would convert tomorrow.

The churches in the US certainly have enough backing to send an expedition to the south pole. Or even launch their own rockets.

Imagine if a US church came up with concrete evidence of a flat earth?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:03:57 PM by yobbo »

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »
Why are churches not promoting Flat Earth?
Because they are not completely mental?

I mean they would pull in billions of followers
They have billions of followers.

if they could prove a created Earth. A flat Earth, with a moon and sun only 3000 miles away. With a dome overhead. I know I would convert tomorrow.
You'd convert if they added a load more crap to their existing crap?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 02:06:28 AM »

Because they invented the very concept of a spherical earth, in order to gain power.

They also had to invent a fictitious history, from Hipparchus to the Gregorian calendar reform, in order to advance their goals.

Here is how the biographies of Kepler and Galilei were falsified:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1638725#msg1638725

Here is how the works attributed to Copernicus were faked:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1643860#msg1643860

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 02:34:12 AM »
Because they invented the very concept of a spherical earth, in order to gain power.
I've read some of your links content but I still don't understand. Is it possible to give a simple explanation for why they invented the very concept of a spherical earth, in order to gain power? I'm new to flat earth and although I've read several books on the general theory, the idea of the church gaining power through globe earth is perplexing. It doesn't seem to make sense. 

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 02:45:13 AM »
Ok my last topic seemed to have been blown apart and vanished. Maybe I should have reworded it.
Your previous thread was moved to Flat Earth General because it asked a question unrelated to Flat Earth Theory. Flat Earth Debate is reserved strictly for serious discussion on the mechanics of Flat Earth Theory outlined in the FAQ. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines of each board before posting a new thread. The two threads will now be merged.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 04:52:10 AM »
Is it possible to give a simple explanation for why they invented the very concept of a spherical earth, in order to gain power? I'm new to flat earth and although I've read several books on the general theory, the idea of the church gaining power through globe earth is perplexing. It doesn't seem to make sense.

But it does.

In the flat earth scenario/context, the chronology of history is MUCH SHORTER than we are told officially.

So, in order to justify their claim that the church goes back in history some thousands of years, they needed to change the very context: now, the solar precession becomes the earth's axial precession.

Thus, they had to invent Hipparchus, the Council of Nicaea, the Gregorian calendar reform, in order to show to the public that the direction of the axis of the earth had gradually changed/shifted its position in time.

Within the FET context, it is impossible to claim that the history of the church goes back some 2000 years: it is only within the frame of reference of a spherical earth theory that they can justify their assertions.

FET is just a part of a much bigger issue: the new chronology of history.

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 01:40:16 PM »

if they could prove a created Earth. A flat Earth, with a moon and sun only 3000 miles away. With a dome overhead. I know I would convert tomorrow.

No I mean I would convert if it turned out Flat Earth was true. Think about it. Flat disk like planet. Sun and moon only 3000 miles away. Outer edge with a barrier.

It would pretty much prove that the Earth was made. Not came from some big bang. What if Flat Earth wasn't a load of crap.

I still don't understand why churches would move away from a God created Earth, to a Globe Earth.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »

No I mean I would convert if it turned out Flat Earth was true. Think about it. Flat disk like planet. Sun and moon only 3000 miles away. Outer edge with a barrier.

It would pretty much prove that the Earth was made. Not came from some big bang. What if Flat Earth wasn't a load of crap.

I still don't understand why churches would move away from a God created Earth, to a Globe Earth.

Because the earth is a globe? And maybe because nowhere in the Bible does it say that the earth is flat? Just throwing out some questions.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 05:21:09 PM »
I always like to think of the universe like a car.  Was your car created by robots in a factory or was it designed by an engineer?  The answer is both.  The Bible says nothing about how the Earth was created, and it seems that the Big Bang was simply the first step in the universe's manufacturing process.  Some of the greatest scientists of our generation are undecided on the issue of religion because science as we know it does not conflict with Christianity.  I have even looked into a verse where it says the Earth is a circle and it turns out that in the original Hebrew text the word used is one that is also used to describe spheres, rings, and circles and it's best translation is probably "round".
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
I always like to think of the universe like a car.  Was your car created by robots in a factory or was it designed by an engineer?  The answer is both.  The Bible says nothing about how the Earth was created, and it seems that the Big Bang was simply the first step in the universe's manufacturing process.  Some of the greatest scientists of our generation are undecided on the issue of religion because science as we know it does not conflict with Christianity.  I have even looked into a verse where it says the Earth is a circle and it turns out that in the original Hebrew text the word used is one that is also used to describe spheres, rings, and circles and it's best translation is probably "round".

Well, I disagree with mixing evolution and the stuff associated with it and the Bible together. The Bible says that the earth came first and then the stars. Evolution (I know its not evolution but bear with me) says that the stars came first and then the earth. That's just one thing.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 07:20:43 PM »
Well, I disagree with mixing evolution and the stuff associated with it and the Bible together. The Bible says that the earth came first and then the stars. Evolution (I know its not evolution but bear with me) says that the stars came first and then the earth. That's just one thing.

I can't remember exactally where this is (I could find it if you want), but there is somewhere in the Bible where it says that 1,000 years to man is like a day to God and 1,000 years to God is like a day to man.  This clearly states that time has no meaning for God, which by the way is perfectly consistant with relativity.

Evolution is real, and it can be observed easily.  I have never talked to someone who both denies evolution and knows what evolution actually is.  I would live to have a PM debate about this if you are interested.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 08:29:09 PM »

I can't remember exactally where this is (I could find it if you want), but there is somewhere in the Bible where it says that 1,000 years to man is like a day to God and 1,000 years to God is like a day to man.  This clearly states that time has no meaning for God, which by the way is perfectly consistant with relativity.

Evolution is real, and it can be observed easily.  I have never talked to someone who both denies evolution and knows what evolution actually is.  I would live to have a PM debate about this if you are interested.

I'll answer this and I'll PM you and we can get back on topic. Sure, it says that to God a day is like a thousand years twice in the Bible, but it also said right after a thousand years is like a day. The verse is saying that time means nothing to God, but it has little to do with the creation week.