Hello Everyone!

• 3 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Hello Everyone!
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
I posted this over on our sister(/brother?) site, but thought I should share it with you guys as well. So as per the topic title, hello everyone!

Anyway, this thread is not actually a hello thread. It's more of an introduction thread. And, on that note, allow me to introduce someone very special. My cat. His name is Birley:

Birley is a pretty cat, and full of personality.

However, there is also something not quite right about him. Frankly, he is a bit of a dope. A hilarious dope, but decidedly a dope. This is a not-unusual pose:

(There is no-one/nothing off-camera here. He's just staring into the aether.)

He has a sister, Needle, and they're both about a year and a half old. They are the best of friends and love to hang out and play with each other. They're litter mates, and can't really bear to be apart:

Anyway, the reason I posted this topic is because I have been a member of the Flat Earth Society forums for almost ten years, and it's had a huge impact on my life. And when I got a cat, it only seemed right to give him an appropriate name. Whenever I see Birley, I think of you guys.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to you all. I'm really, genuinely hopeful that 2016 will be a better year for the Flat Earth Society, and that we'll finally end the rift in our community. I promise to do everything I can to make that happen.

IN VERITATE VICTORIA

- Wilmore
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Jack

• Administrator
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:12 PM »
That's a very nice cat you've got there!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:59:56 AM by Jack »

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 04:55:17 AM »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Wilmore.  Good to hear from you. 

Thanks for sharing the Birley pics.  Both Needle and Birley are quite cat advanced seeing they can play outside and not run away...very wise, indeed.

Tusk

• Official Member
  • Guidance is internal
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »

Happy new year to you.

Just to keep things in balance here is a pic of my dog. As you can tell he is a fearsome beast. No plastic bottle can deter his awesomeness.

As an aside -" I'm really, genuinely hopeful that 2016 will be a better year for the Flat Earth Society, and that we'll finally end the rift in our community. I promise to do everything I can to make that happen." Any word on this? It's just not as much fun anymore.
Hang on, I'll just check my personal care factor for this week : nope still don't give a fuck.