Serious: Jroa's moderator status should be revoked

• 58 Replies
Re: Serious: Jroa's moderator status should be revoked
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
This argument has truly reached the definition of the absurd.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »

Agreed!

I vote for it being moved to 'Complete Nonsense'.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Agreed!

I vote for it being moved to 'Complete Nonsense'.

In short, this is a formal request to strip Jroa of his status as moderator, and possibly ban him for some period of time.

This thread is not intended for complete nonsense. People like you, Papa, are the reason threads like this get booted into complete nonsense.

Maybe if a moderator, or an admin could lock this, then it'd be perfectly fine for "Suggestions & Concerns".
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
This thread is not intended for complete nonsense.

It doesn't matter what you 'intended' this thread for.

Its ultimate fate is up to the moderators.

And we have a perfectly good one in Jroa.

So, shall we just stop spamming him & let him do his job, eh?

Thank you please!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »
Jroa, I don't know why you are putting up with his bs. I would have banned him just for causing trouble. Jroa is man around here, his word is law.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »
Jroa, I don't know why you are putting up with his bs. I would have banned him just for causing trouble. Jroa is man around here, his word is law.

BS? This thread is intended to be a serious request to remove his moderator status. Or was that not clear? Also:

Jroa is man around here, his word is law.

No. Forum rules and the words of the admins are law around here.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »

I am going to let an admin make the call on this one.  They are considering TheEarthIsRound's ban as we speak.  Like I said, I hope they go easy on this guy.  I would hate for them to give him a lengthy ban. 

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
See the thread "How far is Sun in FE model?... " (link in my signature) for perfect example of jroa breaking several rules of the forum.
Make sure admins check this thread before making their final judge on jroa.

Is moderator supposed to:
1. Lie?
2. Change the topic?
3. Post low content things?

Also, considering TheEarthIsRound's ban in hilarious here. If you were so strict to your rules, then answer the following questions.

Why is Papa Legba not banned yet for his 6 months of trolling?

Can TheEngineer be punished for calling people idiots?

(See http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65000.0;topicseen#.VmkXw4-G_F0)

What about JRoweSceptics, who spam insults and low content posts?

(see any thread of him)

Forum rules do not apply to them?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »
This thread is intended to be a serious request to remove his moderator status.

If so, it seems to be back-firing badly, as you are the one currently under consideration of a ban...

Make sure admins check this thread before making their final judge on jroa.

I believe it's TheEarthIsRound the admins are currently 'judging', not jroa?

Either you cannot read, or you are trolling the mods & admins; neither option looks good for you.

Whatever; your slapstick antics make both of you far too amusing for me to wish you banned.

Toodle-pip, Laurel & Hardy!

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
Like I said, this has reached the point of absurdity. Is JROA a pain in the butt? Yes. But no more or less than anyone else. If you want more serious discourse out of the Forum, perhaps you should look to yourself 1st. I'm not speaking to THEEARTHISROUND here. "You" and "yourself" are being used generically, & apply to me too. To raise the level of public discourse is the responsibility of, well, the public, NOT just JROA & other Moderators. They are human too. It has to be exhausting to always be expected to NOT lose it when someone is in your face practically daring you to. & that speaks to yet another argument that JROA & I were having in the other Forum that I think I just won, but that is aside, & he can ask me about that privately if he likes. But here & now, as much a pain in the ass as he is, & though I don't wish to make an enemy of THEEARTHISROUND, I shall defend JROA, although I disagree w/ the guy on just about EVERYTHING.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
I do not deny Jroa's wrongs, but he's the best we have atm. At least The Truth Seeker was banned eventually...
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
Y'know, every time I go away for a couple of months, when I come back there is ALWAYS yet another "Jroa is a shit moderator" thread.
There is little that is more depressing evidence that this forum is a waste of time run by a corrupt clique, than the fact that the slimy turd is still strutting about with moderator status.
Jroa, do you deliberately cultivate hatred against you, or does it happen by accident? I'm simply dying to know.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »
Y'know, every time I go away for a couple of months, when I come back there is ALWAYS yet another "Jroa is a shit moderator" thread.
There is little that is more depressing evidence that this forum is a waste of time run by a corrupt clique, than the fact that the slimy turd is still strutting about with moderator status.
Jroa, do you deliberately cultivate hatred against you, or does it happen by accident? I'm simply dying to know.
Reported for alts.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »
Reported for alts.

Even if I had alts (which I don't), you wouldn't know who they were. You'd need someone else to tell you, because you don't do Original Thought.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2015, 03:18:54 AM »
How are things going? Decisions are made?

If not, here is yet another example of jroa spamming with low content and completely irrelevant posts:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65123.msg1738622#msg1738622
I love this! An actual debater!

A Master Debater?  :o

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »
I would also add the "Jessica Watson" thread (http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65153.0)

The thread is about traveling distances on the equator and Antarctica and how FE explains them. Of course JRoweSkeptic puts in his DEF to counter this as regular FE models would find it difficult. The discussion goes into DEF instead but jroa starts questioning RET - that has nothing to do with the topic.

When asked to stop (to moderate) he refuses to and says I am derailing the thread trying to get it back on topic.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
Furthermore, jroa is setting up arguments, then when people don't bite, he calls them liars.

"You can run around the forum all you want accusing people of being liars with out any evidence.  However, you will probably eventually get banned.  Just giving you a heads up."

For me, he threatens banning for no reason, even though people like JRoweSkeptic are calling people liars left and right when they disagree with them. He never gives them such warnings.

(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64794.msg1733427#msg1733427)
(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65123.msg1739996#msg1739996)
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65123.msg1740184#msg1740184

There are many, many donkeys in a drove living their lives confined within a fence line on the ranch. They share in the bounty of food and drink served to them for a lifetime.  Drinking from the trough and enjoying the groundnut hay, sorghum stover, and salt lick without ever realizing the variety of food and drink existing outside of the ranch.

There is a team of thoroughbreds who came across the drove, amused by the limited vision the donkeys possessed even though the pack seemed convinced this ranch life extended to the rest of land they inhabited.
fairytale

The thoroughbreds had traveled the width and breadth of the land experiencing first-hand reality around them, enjoying fresh water from the stream and consuming the rich sources of available food offered in nature. 

Try as they may, the thoroughbreds could not convince the drove that there is something beyond what they experience on the ranch.  The drove had a reputation for obstinacy and an inability to comprehend that a treasure exists in reality...and that reality is what we call the truth. 

Their reputation, as demonstrated, exists to this day since the knowledge brought forth by the thoroughbreds continues to be disregarded.

Reported for derailment and off-topic posting.

A parable or fable is not a derailment.  If it was, the whole Bible would be one derailment after another.  I am giving you an official warning for Troublemaking and abuse of the report function.  Please be considerate and contribute to forum threads constructively.  Thanks.
It is when it added nothing to this intellectual debate. How do you call yourself a Mod?

Which part of this debate is intellectual?  We have roundies claiming all kinds of preposterous things without a shred of evidence to back any of it up, and you coming in to memberate.  Same old same old...
I've been on the forum about a week and you seem to be insinuating that I've been here forever. Also if I'm finding what "memberate" means correctly you are suggesting I pretend to be a mod which I have made no claims to be.

And just because 0.00000001% of the population wont accept the obvious evidence that has in fact been given and will just say it is a lie/photoshop/conspiracy does not mean there is no evidence.

Now to add to the discussion,
The part about seeing enough to be able to see the curve dove tails nicely into the Red Bull footage where they show a picture of a porthole that a tiny section of Earth visible and because it looks flat in the image that means there is no curve. Seems like you (the OP) have a mathematical argument as to why you would not see it in such a small sample.

You have been here a weak and you are already telling members who have been here for years what to do.  fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.
Should I add more?

Yes, this is FE face on the "serious scientific forum", where jroa is not "playing games" and provide "serious discussion" (all quotes come from jroa himself).

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »
If you guys think this stuff is enough to warrant a ban, I'd probably PM the admins directly.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2015, 01:20:46 AM »
Remember this?

Here is my Concern: 'TheEarthIsRound' is suffering from a terminal case of Unwarranted Self Importance.

Here is my Suggestion: he should Get Over Himself & STFU.

Thank you please!

Well, nothing's changed...

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2015, 02:33:01 AM »
Or maybe you should all just get a life. Jroa and I disagree greatly, it seems, yet I'm perfectly happy with the treatment I typically receive. I've received warnings, and bans, and disagreement, but they're actually justified in many cases.

One thing I've noticed that's nearly always true for REers: you're entitled assholes. You demand we waste hours, and often thousands of dollars, to please your every whim: you insist we should do everything, and if you're too lazy to learn FET, we should take the time to answer an endless list of questions already covered hundreds of times before. You follow us around on the forum and bug us demanding we answer one tedious little question, despite the fact you only need to ask it once. Then, when we get sick of your shit and block you, you still whine around the forum and address us and act like it's some kind of victory that we don't respond to a post we can't see, and debate someone who's demonstrated it's a waste of time.

Welcome to the real world. People are in no way required to obey your every desire. Get used to it. If you don't like it, leave. We'll all be glad to see you go.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
If you guys think this stuff is enough to warrant a ban, I'd probably PM the admins directly.

(a) The admins don't ever come here.
(b) The admins are just as biased as Jroa (after all, they made the little git into a moderator) and will do nothing. The only value of these threads is to ensure Jroa's childish behaviour is open to all our scrutiny, so nobody mistakes him for a real moderator.

symphony

• Twist n shout babe
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2015, 12:16:14 PM »
Are you guys really crying bc someone called you gay and stuff? Not even whores take it as hard as you do. lol
*Clever and funny signature*

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
Are you guys really crying bc someone called you gay and stuff? Not even whores take it as hard as you do. lol

No, there's a thing called "moderation". It's what helps keep online communities from turning into festering likes of shit, and when the moderators don't do their job, then, places like this turn into a, well, festering pile of shit.

Maybe you should really learn how online communities function retard.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2015, 12:48:35 PM »

Teh lulz!

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »

No, there's a thing called "moderation". It's what helps keep online communities from turning into festering likes of shit, and when the moderators don't do their job, then, places like this turn into a, well, festering pile of shit.

Sooking up like a little  pansy again agenda boy  . Very un Australian  to be a lagging low life .  Comprende ya low life .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

symphony

• Twist n shout babe
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2015, 08:49:14 PM »
Are you serious? There are worst comments all over the fórum which have not been deleted because nobody fucking cares.

You're obviously crying because he insulted you in some way </3 I hope you are okay and your selfesteem survives.

(Just in case, sorry 4 my inglich)
*Clever and funny signature*

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2015, 09:29:33 PM »
I am probably a relatively newcomer to this website, but it seems that it is sinking lower by the day. I don't know how it started, but it seems any round earther is considered a liar and a "shill" if they post any true facts.It is a proven fact that the earth is a globe, but I think if flat earthers would just post "this is our idea of how the earth would be IF the earth WAS flat" it might get this website a little more respect. If it could be "let us disagree agreeably" without all the name calling, profanity and vulgarity - by both sides - this would be a better website. Or maybe it wasn't intended to be so. As it is, it does provide a lot of laughs, however crude they may be.

However maybe all this goes along with what you will see on the rest of the Internet.:
-Quote- "The Flat Earth Society Forum(s) Website(s) are either one big hoax or one big joke."-Unquote
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2015, 07:31:17 PM »
jroa does a lot of good work under a lot of pressure, and frankly gets very little thanks in return.

I don't think this thread is very productive at this point, so I'm going to lock it.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord