Is the universe infinite?

• 6 Replies
Is the universe infinite?
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
Hey everyone!
New guy here.

So I am a Catholic. And I have been realizing that the Church teaches geocentrism, based on the Bible. So, if geocentrism is true, because Mother Church teaches it, and science is surprisingly for it, then my education is false already. Not many resources exist to explain how the world REALLY is. So I thought I would go talk to the flat earth people.
I am a globalist, but a geocentrist. But I am always open to whatever is true. But I require proof, and not just explaining away opposing evidence with accusations of a conspiracy. So, I am here to explore.

MY QUESTION: If the Earth is forever accelerating upwards, then where does it stop? Is the universe infinite?

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
Re: Is the universe infinite?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
Are we accelerating upwards - No (In short)
where are we going to end? -N/A
the universe is accelerating outwardly in all dimensions (However some theories exist and predict that could change)

Earth is not center of the universe, that's just how we see it form our perspective. Humans cannot comprehend Infinite well.

From a fellow Spherical earther studying physics.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:41:58 AM by getrealzommb »

?

ergovivo

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
The earth orbits the sun, doesn't mean the bible is wrong though. Special relativity tells us that the earth is at the center of the observable universe, that could be what the bible refers to.
Please don't believe geocentrism, the Catholic church doesn't believe it anymore. Venus has phases like the moon, and the way that they change makes no sence in a geocentric theory.
And for prove that the earth isn't flat, you can check the stars, the map of all the stars is called the celestrial sphere, you can use the celestrial sphere to see what stars you can see at night, and you can easily check that it works. A spherical map of the stars wouldn't work on a flat earth.
As to if the universe is infinite, we can't tell.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
I go by what the Bible says alone, I don't need mother church to tell me what it says. But welcome anyway.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 06:48:11 PM »
MY QUESTION: If the Earth is forever accelerating upwards, then where does it stop? Is the universe infinite?
Welcome to the Flat Earth Society, Searcher! Nobody knows whether the universe is infinite or not, unfortunately. Not all models claim that the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards. The Earth could be a stationary infinite plane with gravitation.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
Hey everyone!
New guy here.

So I am a Catholic. And I have been realizing that the Church teaches geocentrism, based on the Bible. So, if geocentrism is true, because Mother Church teaches it, and science is surprisingly for it, then my education is false already. Not many resources exist to explain how the world REALLY is. So I thought I would go talk to the flat earth people.
I am a globalist, but a geocentrist. But I am always open to whatever is true. But I require proof, and not just explaining away opposing evidence with accusations of a conspiracy. So, I am here to explore.

The Catholic Church also accepted the Socratic model of the universe which is why everyone hated Galeleo back in the day, and they later admited that they were wrong.  The Bible says nothing about geocentriam and this Catholic belief is just as unfounded as the belief that there are only 5 elements (air, water, earth, fire, and aether) and that trajectories look like a checkmark instead of a parabola as the Socratic model siggested.  Flat Earth makes all this stuff look logical by comparison though, like seriously.  Just try to win my challenge linked in my forum signature if you don't believe me.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 03:06:43 AM »
Hey everyone!
New guy here.

As I understand it, the big bang theory argues that the universe is expanding from the original explosion and motion, for the most part, is a result of that explosion.  So, we're supposed to be shrapnel in some cosmic grenade that exploded around 14 billion years ago.  Out of all that chaos, everything is supposed to have formed:  earth, stars, moon, monkeys, etc, etc.  And Pantheism thinks of the universe as god/god-like.  Then there's gia, sort of earth as god. 

On the other hand, the bible says, in the book of genesis, that God rolled out the heavens like a scroll and in the book of revelations it says, God will roll up the heavens like a scroll.  That would imply, the heavens are not infinite, but in fact have a beginning and an end.  Although, God seems to be infinite. 

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D