Why does it even matter?

• 9 Replies
Why does it even matter?
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
Hello all! First post here.
I've already made my mind up on what I believe (which is not the same as completely disregarding the other side) so I'm not looking for anybody to change my point of view. I would simply like to start a debate on why it even matters if the Earth is flat or round? How will the Earth being flat impact your daily life any differently than if it was round. Not trying insult anybody but it seems like people will continue fighting and spreading hate regardless of the shape of the Earth. How will anybody benefit from the Earth being flat?
Quick hypothetical scenario: The UN admits that the Earth is flat and the round Earth has been contrived for ages... so then what? How does anybody benefit from this?

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Why does it even matter?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »
Shalom and welcome to the trenches. I asked the same thing. All I got was I know the truth.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
Haha oh goodness. Well thank you for letting me know not to keep my hopes up. I really want to know peoples thoughts. I don't care about deceptions, government fraud, NWO or a case of immediate expansion of consciousness in this particular question. Just you all, myself the Earth and perhaps some tea.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
Some of us do flat earth research because we feel being skeptical of certain aspects of reality as part of personal enlightenment is the right thing to do, not because we believe there will be a life-changing reward available to us at the end of the line. It's a matter of principle.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 07:18:42 AM »
I asked a similar question several weeks ago in the "Life Style" thread.

The only answer for the Flat Earth models was "you will know 'the Truth'" - assuming it is even true. It had no practical benefits - but DID have several notable detriments. No space travel. No travel to Antarctica. No gravity. No satellites. Countries like Russia and China, whom I am sure don't buy into FE crap, would just love if the US or Europe did. That way they can nuke all they want. You have to give up lots of scientific advancement and possibly mathematics. You would need to be paranoid, everyone is lying or conspiring against you.

RET models DO have benefits. Columbus discovered America for one. We can go into outer space, set up satellites, send space probes to the planets. Astronomy can calculate orbits, send space probes and view other stars with their companions. Discover planets (Neptune, Pluto). People and children CAN imagine and work towards the stars. Even movies and computer games can simulate space/Earth travel. We can have satellite Dish TV, GPS, phones, etc. Predictions of space faring objects. Telescope alignment to track the sky. Protection from Russia and China. Children can simply understand globes and the solar system (as opposed to DEF that only 1 person understands). We can go to Antarctica. Travel times/distances, especially in the S. hemisphere are correct. Science can progress. I am sure there are many more benefits - these just came to mind.

FE is self-imposed limitations on mankind (I believe government imposed, I would not be surprised if it was instigated by Russia/China). RET is freedom - of thought and action.

FE models love to invoke conspiracies. IF the government(s) wanted people to not even think about colonies on the Moon and Mars or if there was a secret base in Antarctica, wouldn't the FE models be perfect - the perfect conspiracy?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:13:48 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 10:16:19 AM »
Why does anything matter?
We're all just bags of water, made of meat, on a rock hurtling through the vast emptiness of space, in a universe greater than we can possibly conceive, living for no more than the blink of an eye on cosmic scales, before we will inevitably die and everything we do will count for nothing and will be forgotten and wiped away.

Sit back, watch a few cat videos.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:23:57 PM »
We're all just bags of water, made of meat, on a rock hurtling through the vast emptiness of space, in a universe greater than we can possibly conceive, living for no more than the blink of an eye on cosmic scales, before we will inevitably die and everything we do will count for nothing and will be forgotten and wiped away.

Actually, that is not true but it would lead to a philosophical/religious discussion.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »
Thank you all very much! You have all helped me form my next question.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »
Thank you all very much! You have all helped me form my next question.
Where is it?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

This is completely irrelevant, but I've often wondered it's just too have sprouted his wings yet!