What evidence you have that satellites don't exist?

• 915 Replies
?

Jadyyn

Re: What evidence you have that satellites don't exist?
« Reply #900 on: May 11, 2016, 06:23:24 AM »
Yes, yoddo necroed the thread, and then you just could not stand it so you had to necro your own post in the same thread.  Way to go, you showed us!  ::)
I necroed my "own post"? What post? You also replied after the necroing BEFORE I did, and you accuse ME of necroing the thread?
By the way, why don't you return to the "Transit of Mercury" thread? You seem to be active, so you obviously ran away from your ridicule.
The post you chose to necro was "your post (of choosing)".  Did you not realize that you were responding to a post that was made almost 5 months ago?  Is that how long you take to respond to phone calls?  Emails?  Text messages?  Now, you people just dig around the forum like poor people at the trash dump looking for anything you can salvage.  It must be a shitty life for you and your group.
First off, there are only so many topics. Out of the 100+ threads, there are really only like 2 dozen topics that get rehashed. So rather than restarting and restarting threads, it is more efficient to just revive an old thread to "get the ball rolling". 1+1=2 today, yesterday, a month or a year ago.

Second, I can see why FEers don't like "necroing" threads. Letting valid threads "roll off" is a good debate tactic. I have several old threads that are just as valid today as they were back then. This is why I refer back to them in current posts. But to support the "roll off" debate tactic, "bumping" old threads is considered "low content". You FEers really like this. I "get it".

Typically, you don't see FEers "necroing" threads because there really aren't many (any?) worth doing it to.

So this "necroing" issue is simply a FE debate tactic.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:05:16 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #901 on: May 11, 2016, 07:03:46 AM »
 ;D
By the way, why don't you return to the "Transit of Mercury" thread? You seem to be active, so you obviously ran away from your ridicule.

Quote from: Jroa
The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

I'm still laughing

Wrong thread.  Are you lost?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=46321

Maybe you could show me my way around after 273 days spent on this website. In that time you easily could've ascertained the shape of the earth and gotten a life ;-)
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #902 on: May 11, 2016, 07:47:17 AM »
Yes, yoddo necroed the thread, and then you just could not stand it so you had to necro your own post in the same thread.  Way to go, you showed us!  ::)

I necroed my "own post"? What post? You also replied after the necroing BEFORE I did, and you accuse ME of necroing the thread?

The post you chose to necro was "your post (of choosing)".  Did you not realize that you were responding to a post that was made almost 5 months ago?  Is that how long you take to respond to phone calls?  Emails?  Text messages?  Now, you people just dig around the forum like poor people at the trash dump looking for anything you can salvage.  It must be a shitty life for you and your group.

First of all, this isn't a phone call. Second, this thread is already necroed, so deal with it. Third, it's not even 5 months ago, it's been exactly 4 months, and that's not even that long a time. Fourth, I do not understand the problem everybody has with necroing threads. Is everyone supposed to make new threads over and over again just to reply to something that has been said 4 months ago? It's not like half of the people who were part of the discussion will have left the forum or drastically changed their opinion in 4 months! Fifth, please get back to the "Transit of Mercury" thread. Everybody wants to see that.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

PikoPiko

• The Earth is Spherical.
« Reply #903 on: May 11, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
I've seen a satellite before, through a telescope, in the night sky, and more.
"There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres."

-Pythagoras

Pythagoras was one of the greatest Ionian philosophers and mathematicians, and believed the Earth was spherical.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #904 on: May 11, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »

Did it look like a shiny dot, or a flying trash can flying around in the sky? 

« Reply #905 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »
I went on a cruise from florida to mexico, and when we were in the middle of the ocean, i took out my cellphone, and it was obviously nowhere near a cellphone tower, you can tell this by the obvious marking in the phone that says you have ZERO bars. I loaded up Google Maps and I got a GPS lock in the middle of the ocean, showing my location...... This works because satellites continuously orbit the earth broadcasting GPS signals...

The same is true if you go into the middle of the Florida Everglades where there is ZERO cellphone reception..... and no cellphone towers anywhere near enough.... you can still get a GPS lock... and see where you are on the map...

Satellites orbit the globe of the earth.

Perhaps you just suck at using phones or technology in general?

http://cruiseline.com/advice/before-you-cruise/what-to-know/how-to-use-your-cellphone-on-a-cruise-ship

Did you even read that page? You are not using your carriers network on a cruise ship, you are using the cruise ships network. Guess how the cruise ship connects to the internet? Through satellites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3268288/The-WiFi-tide-turned-Cruise-ship-giant-slashes-internet-charges-90-guests-able-log-just-3-day.html

Currently 31 satellite systems have been deployed on 30 of its 100 ships with more planned over the coming months to extend the company's 'WiFi@Sea' connectivity network.

Perhaps you just suck at trying to abuse people.

The erroneous claim was made that cellphones are impossible to use on a ship.  I proved that claim to be false.  Do you even read the threads in which you post?

No his claim was that there is no mobile phone coverage on a ship, because cell phone towers are out of range, but GPS that works from satellites still works.

You tried to debunk what he said by saying that you can use cell phones on a ship.

But I debunked that by showing that the only way of using your cell phone on a ship is by connecting to their network that is supported by satellites.

Yes this is a thread about satellites, and so far, everyone agrees they exist, even you are posting links to support that fact.

The claim was made that there is no phone service and therefore no phone towers in the ocean.  I proved that there is cell phone service in the middle of the ocean.  Now, you are claiming that it somehow proves satellites exist, when you have no idea where the cell phone signals are coming from.  Go ahead and try to spin your way out this one.

The cell phone service that exists in the middle of the ocean is provided by the ship you are on. You know how the ship is getting the service?

Through satellites. If the ship could get cell phone tower reception in the middle of the ocean, why would you need to use their satellite supported service?

Why not just connect to the cell phone towers yourself?

Again you linking to ship supported phone service only supports the idea of satellites.

I know where the phone service is coming from. It's coming from satellites. I even linked to sources that proved it.

Now its upto you to provide evidence that the ship supported cell phone coverage isn't from satellites.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:54:57 PM by yobbo »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #906 on: May 11, 2016, 09:33:23 PM »
I went on a cruise from florida to mexico, and when we were in the middle of the ocean, i took out my cellphone, and it was obviously nowhere near a cellphone tower, you can tell this by the obvious marking in the phone that says you have ZERO bars. I loaded up Google Maps and I got a GPS lock in the middle of the ocean, showing my location...... This works because satellites continuously orbit the earth broadcasting GPS signals...

The same is true if you go into the middle of the Florida Everglades where there is ZERO cellphone reception..... and no cellphone towers anywhere near enough.... you can still get a GPS lock... and see where you are on the map...

http://cruiseline.com/advice/before-you-cruise/what-to-know/how-to-use-your-cellphone-on-a-cruise-ship

Did you even read that page? You are not using your carriers network on a cruise ship, you are using the cruise ships network. Guess how the cruise ship connects to the internet? Through satellites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3268288/The-WiFi-tide-turned-Cruise-ship-giant-slashes-internet-charges-90-guests-able-log-just-3-day.html

Currently 31 satellite systems have been deployed on 30 of its 100 ships with more planned over the coming months to extend the company's 'WiFi@Sea' connectivity network.

The erroneous claim was made that cellphones are impossible to use on a ship.  I proved that claim to be false.  Do you even read the threads in which you post?

No his claim was that there is no mobile phone coverage on a ship, because cell phone towers are out of range, but GPS that works from satellites still works.

You tried to debunk what he said by saying that you can use cell phones on a ship.

But I debunked that by showing that the only way of using your cell phone on a ship is by connecting to their network that is supported by satellites.

Yes this is a thread about satellites, and so far, everyone agrees they exist, even you are posting links to support that fact.

The claim was made that there is no phone service and therefore no phone towers in the ocean.  I proved that there is cell phone service in the middle of the ocean.  Now, you are claiming that it somehow proves satellites exist, when you have no idea where the cell phone signals are coming from.  Go ahead and try to spin your way out this one.

The cell phone service that exists in the middle of the ocean is provided by the ship you are on. You know how the ship is getting the service?

Through satellites. If the ship could get cell phone tower reception in the middle of the ocean, why would you need to use their satellite supported service?

Again you linking to ship supported phone service only supports the idea of satellites.

I don't have much time, so I am going to make this quick.  Signals can come from anything.  Don't be a fucking retard. 

« Reply #907 on: May 11, 2016, 10:18:31 PM »

I don't have much time, so I am going to make this quick.  Signals can come from anything.  Don't be a fucking retard.
Again you use the word 'can'.  They actually come from satellites.  See the documentation.

« Reply #908 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:58 PM »

LOL now it's name calling is it. Ok I have shown where I believe the signals are coming from. Why don't you enlighten us where you think the signals are coming from.

Keeping in mind they are signals that the ship can receive and not peoples cell phones.

« Reply #909 on: May 11, 2016, 11:53:07 PM »
It should be known. Jroa was on his school debate team. He was debating on the side for evolution.

That's right a Flat Earther that believes in evolution. But no he didn't really believe in evolution. He just liked to debate that side of the argument.

In the same fashion, I don't really believe he believes the Earth is flat. He just likes to debate people so has taken the Flat Earth side.

That's why his defense is so weak.

Pezevenk

« Reply #910 on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:32 AM »

Did it look like a shiny dot, or a flying trash can flying around in the sky?

Most satellites look like shiny dots. The ISS and a handful of the larger, closer to the earth satellites look like flying trash cans flying around in the sky. Especially the ISS, you don't even need a telescope, only binoculars to see it as something more than a point.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #912 on: May 12, 2016, 06:46:15 AM »
Most satellites look like shiny dots. The ISS and a handful of the larger, closer to the earth satellites look like flying trash cans flying around in the sky. Especially the ISS, you don't even need a telescope, only binoculars to see it as something more than a point.
Implying they're not just RC flying trash cans? Shill. :P
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Pezevenk

« Reply #913 on: May 12, 2016, 07:41:37 AM »

Using the letter "t" in your post just as I, a shill, did? Shill.  :P

Jokes aside, that would probably be enough for Legba to pronounce both of us to be shills. Even the very fact that we replied to each other is probably seen as evidence that we are the same person to him.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #914 on: May 12, 2016, 08:00:22 AM »

Using the letter "t" in your post just as I, a shill, did? Shill.  :P

Jokes aside, that would probably be enough for Legba to pronounce both of us to be shills. Even the very fact that we replied to each other is probably seen as evidence that we are the same person to him.
Perhaps everybody who believes Earth is round is just another instance of one big NASA shill AI that operates billions of bodies around the world to convince the few real people that Earth isn't flat, and once you give in and believe it you get assimilated into the "human" botnet.

The burden of proof lies with you to deny it. ;)
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #915 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »
You don't have to believe in something in order to argue for it, dummy.