Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success

• 478 Replies
Re: Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
It's shows a RCS port what we're you expecting?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »

No it does not!

Let's start again:

Rcs thrusters

Please provide evidence of where the RCS thrusters were placed & how they functioned.

and fins

Grid Fins you mean?

Funny, cos one of the established problems of 'grid fins' is that they DO NOT function at transonic velocities due to shockwave build-up.

So, as sonic booms occur at transonic velocities, your 'assumption' that the descent of your shpayze-rokkit would be 'controlled' is looking rather unlikely.

Of course, when the stabilising fins of any missile malfunction, what occurs is known as a 'tumble'; i.e. it falls arse over tip, loses control & crashes...

Guess SpaceX are 'special', eh?

LOL!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #362 on: December 31, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »

No it does not!

Let's start again:

Rcs thrusters

Please provide evidence of where the RCS thrusters were placed & how they functioned.

and fins

Grid Fins you mean?

Funny, cos one of the established problems of 'grid fins' is that they DO NOT function at transonic velocities due to shockwave build-up.

So, as sonic booms occur at transonic velocities, your 'assumption' that the descent of your shpayze-rokkit would be 'controlled' is looking rather unlikely.

Of course, when the stabilising fins of any missile malfunction, what occurs is known as a 'tumble'; i.e. it falls arse over tip, loses control & crashes...

Guess SpaceX are 'special', eh?

LOL!!!

Does it not? Explain to me why it doesn't show rcs ports.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
LOL!!!

Explain to me why it DOES you nutter!

*backs slowly away, throwing loose change as distraction*

« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »
What should rcs ports look like to you if not what have been shown in the photo? If it helps most video fottage of the landing attempts show the rcs ports working.

« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
LOL!!!

Explain to me why it DOES you nutter!

*backs slowly away, throwing loose change as distraction*

Feliz año, Papa Legba. Impressive how you keep attending those tricky trolls so patiently.

All the best for 2016!

Gaia
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »
Check out transonic aerodynamics; it kills NASA, SpaceX, ESA & all their silly toys off forever.

Do yourselves a Favour: Learn yourselves Free.

« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »
How long is falcon 9 transonic for?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »
LOL!!!

Now I'm the expert?

I thought it was you?

Pathetic!

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
Well you seem to know that it's not possible so I can only assume you have done some research into the subject matter.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
LOL!!!

I really have broken you haven't I?

Happy New Year, you Clockwork Monkey!

« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2015, 02:32:14 PM »
I know how long it was transonic for. I'm just a bit confused that you have come to your conclusion and you do not.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2015, 02:44:51 PM »
I'm just a bit confused

Yeah; I know.

It's New Years Eve, Shpokky-boy...

Get laid ffs!

« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
Nothing left to say so you just resort to clipping my quotes? Get back to me when you actually have a case to argue.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »

It is suggested that 45 seconds after start the speed is 340 m/s at 8 000 m altitude, i.e. the rocket is transonic for the first time. 150 seconds after start the speed is 1 700 m/s at 80 000 m altitude, where separation occurs. The first stage – mass say 105 tons - now moves on by its own momentum for 135 seconds up to 200 000 m altitude being slowed down by boost back burns and gravity.

285 seconds after start the velocity is 0 m/s at 200 000 m altitude but far out to sea  and the first stage flies and drops back to landing zone 1 assisted by more boost back burns. Maybe between 280 and 290 seconds after start the speed is subsonic for a short while.

The return bit takes 300 seconds, so 585 seconds (9 minutes and 45 seconds) after start the empty first stage - mass now 50 tons - has landed again. There is an entry burn at around 130 000 m altitude during the return but, I assume the speed is then transonic >1 100 m/s. The landing burn may take 30 seconds starting at say 17 000 m altitude and the rocket is maybe transonic for at least 20 seconds and subsonic for only the last 10 seconds. All maneouvres/burns are automatic and controlled by computers.

The whole return and recovery is a fairy tale or fraud in my opinion. Reason is fuel and fuel consumption. 55 tons of fuel is not sufficient for the proposed boost back, entry and landing burns. You need four times more fuel for the return and recovery but then you will not get off the ground. Also the hypersonic grid fins steering the rocket during the return are also a joke. Most of the trip is in very thin air or almost vacuum.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:28:19 PM by Heiwa »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2015, 09:20:35 PM »
Get back to me when you actually have a case to argue.

LOL!!!

Says the Star Trek fetishist who provided no evidence of the mythical 'cold gas nitrogen thrusters' existence, then pretended he did.

What a fraud!

« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:22 PM »
Update:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:31:50 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #377 on: January 01, 2016, 01:27:30 AM »

It is suggested that 45 seconds after start the speed is 340 m/s at 8 000 m altitude, i.e. the rocket is transonic for the first time. 150 seconds after start the speed is 1 700 m/s at 80 000 m altitude, where separation occurs. The first stage – mass say 105 tons - now moves on by its own momentum for 135 seconds up to 200 000 m altitude being slowed down by boost back burns and gravity.

285 seconds after start the velocity is 0 m/s at 200 000 m altitude but far out to sea  and the first stage flies and drops back to landing zone 1 assisted by more boost back burns. Maybe between 280 and 290 seconds after start the speed is subsonic for a short while.

The return bit takes 300 seconds, so 585 seconds (9 minutes and 45 seconds) after start the empty first stage - mass now 50 tons - has landed again. There is an entry burn at around 130 000 m altitude during the return but, I assume the speed is then transonic >1 100 m/s. The landing burn may take 30 seconds starting at say 17 000 m altitude and the rocket is maybe transonic for at least 20 seconds and subsonic for only the last 10 seconds. All maneouvres/burns are automatic and controlled by computers.

The whole return and recovery is a fairy tale or fraud in my opinion. Reason is fuel and fuel consumption. 55 tons of fuel is not sufficient for the proposed boost back, entry and landing burns. You need four times more fuel for the return and recovery but then you will not get off the ground. Also the hypersonic grid fins steering the rocket during the return are also a joke. Most of the trip is in very thin air or almost vacuum.
The 1st stage is transonic for barley 2 seconds not sure where you got 20 seconds from.

Heiwa

« Reply #378 on: January 01, 2016, 01:41:37 AM »

The 1st stage is transonic for barley 2 seconds not sure where you got 20 seconds from.
You are right. The first stage is hypersonic for 18 seconds, transonic for barely 2 seconds and subsonic for 10 seconds during the 30 seconds landing burn. Imagine stopping a 50 tons first stage from >1 100 m/s hypersonic speed to 0 speed in 30 seconds. Imagine what happens if your fire the rocket a few seconds too late or too early.

« Reply #379 on: January 01, 2016, 01:48:34 AM »
Yes if it fails it crashes. But it didn't fail.

Heiwa

« Reply #380 on: January 01, 2016, 02:08:14 AM »
Yes if it fails it crashes. But it didn't fail.

I looked like it but didn't fool me. There was no fuel left to do any Landing burn. I think the rocket we saw - on a TV screen - standing on the ground 9 minutes 45 seconds after the lift off never left ground but were hidden behind a screen. A standard magic trick. In the long run it will not help Elon and his assistants. Why would anyone try this type of silly magic?

Anyway, the complete 9 minutes 45 seconds trajectory should have been recorded by radars, etc. I look forward to such data. Also it would be interesting to see how much fuel was used for each burn and how it affected the trajectory.

« Reply #381 on: January 01, 2016, 03:09:23 AM »
Yes that information would be interesting. But the company is under no obligation to release it.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #382 on: January 01, 2016, 03:43:17 AM »
But the company is under no obligation to release it.

Convenient.

Does the same fraud-excuse apply to their 'cold gas nitrogen thrusters' (lol!)?

« Reply #383 on: January 01, 2016, 03:51:12 AM »
Why is it convenien? You are more than welcom to set up your own radar instilation and track the launch yourself. And as for the thrusters. It's not adsactly hard to verify yourself. 

« Reply #384 on: January 01, 2016, 04:59:24 AM »
Update:

Reminds me of the space shuttle after landing.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2016, 05:02:45 AM »
as for the thrusters. It's not adsactly hard to verify yourself.

Yes it is; there is no information on them anywhere.

Even you can't find any & you WORK for SpaceX ffs!

« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2016, 05:09:02 AM »
What information do you want adsactly?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
What information do you want adsactly?

The information I want is this: why do you ALWAYS spell 'exactly' as 'adsactly'?

And 'footage' as 'fottage'?

« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
That would be because I'm on a phone and for some reason autocorect likes swapping my words.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »
That would be because I'm on a phone and for some reason autocorect likes swapping my words.
What a crock of shit. You've been doing this for a long time. I even pulled you up on it over a year ago.
The trouble with people like you is, you just refuse to learn, even when people point out clear errors in your spelling. And don't tell me that auto correct comes up with adsactly for crying out loud.