Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success

• 478 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Tune in for SpaceX's return to flight and first landing success
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
Space x speaks for itself. Go watch a landing one day. You might learn something.

It is not so easy. A launch is one thing. The rocket flies away and disappears in the sky and is normally never seen again. A rocket landing is completely different and only one (topic) has been performed so far ... in the middle of the dark night ... with any independent observers several miles away. Amateur video photographers only recorded a small fireball in the air ... far away ... slowly coming down. If it were a landing nobody knows.  The trajectory of rocket from launch to landing is unfortunately secret and cannot be verified by outside experts. The US National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 and company privacy rules prevent verifications.

« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
You mean a small fire ball thst could be seen all over centeral Florida along with multiple sonic booms.  As for the trajectory it's common knowledge. They broadcast it. Lol.

Heiwa

« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
You mean a small fire ball thst could be seen all over centeral Florida along with multiple sonic booms.  As for the trajectory it's common knowledge. They broadcast it. Lol.

Of course. But the 'broadcast' was just a show and didn't show the trajectory of the first stage. The first stage was heading out over the Atlantic ocean at 1700 m/s speed, when it separated from the second stage, and it is suggested that some Boost back burns stopped the rocket fist stage going East, that the first stage then turned back West and stopped (!) again at 200 000 m altitude above Florida after 135 seconds ... and then dropped down 200 000 m! To stop the drop there were Entry and Landing burns, blah, blah, and after 300 seconds the rocket was back on ground. A nice piece of fakery, to say the least.

« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2015, 10:53:21 AM »
Well done. Once again you roughly describe what they have done and said it's not possible but provided no reason as to why it's not possible. The trajectory of the 1st stage is well known as well. It has been visualised in varying infographic to varying accuracy.

Heiwa

« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
Well done. Once again you roughly describe what they have done and said it's not possible but provided no reason as to why it's not possible. The trajectory of the 1st stage is well known as well. It has been visualised in varying infographic to varying accuracy.
Thanks. It seems you agree with me.

But who cares. It is just FUN.

« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Space x speaks for itself. Go watch a landing one day. You might learn something.

It is not so easy. A launch is one thing. The rocket flies away and disappears in the sky and is normally never seen again. A rocket landing is completely different and only one (topic) has been performed so far ... in the middle of the dark night ... with any independent observers several miles away. Amateur video photographers only recorded a small fireball in the air ... far away ... slowly coming down. If it were a landing nobody knows.  The trajectory of rocket from launch to landing is unfortunately secret and cannot be verified by outside experts. The US National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 and company privacy rules prevent verifications.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Landing from helicopter

« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »
Thanks. It seems you agree with me.

But who cares. It is just FUN.

Not really sure how you got that from what i said. But you aren't known for making sense.

« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
I wonder what you will say next on the 17th when the next landing takes place in the daylight? Or all future landings for thst matter.

Heiwa

« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »
I wonder what you will say next on the 17th when the next landing takes place in the daylight? Or all future landings for thst matter.

The SHOW MUST GO ON. Poor Elon Musk has no choice. And noone will stop him. Not even media! They love him. So it will soon end. In the meantime try to win €1M at http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm .

« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
It will soon end? Why?  What about when ariane stsrt doing it as well?

Heiwa

« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
It will soon end? Why?
All these stupid things always come to an end. You cannot land rockets on Earth 24/24, 7/7 or 365/365 to keep the sheaple happy. It wants people on the MOON again. Planting strawberries. Or just building a village on the opposite side of the Moon. ACTION.
So it will come to an END.
I am sure.

« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
So why are other companies like ariane developing their own reusable systems if it's all fake?

Heiwa

« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
So why are other companies like ariane developing their own reusable systems if it's all fake?
Arianespace is not. And what other companies are you talking about? AnywayX, this is FUNX. How longX will the SpaceX hoaX lastX? Two yearX? Two monthX? Two weekX?
WeX willX seeXXXXX.

« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
Ariane are developing a reusable stage. You saying they are not will not change that. As for the rest hear is the list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reusable_launch_system

Heiwa

« Reply #315 on: December 31, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
Ariane are developing a reusable stage. You saying they are not will not change that. As for the rest hear is the list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reusable_launch_system
No. Airbus NX might encourage young engineers to develop ideas of all kind incl. reusable rockets but 99.99% of these projects end up in failures. It doesn't cost much and everybody learns a lot from it.

I conclude that everyone today agrees that reusable rockets do not work. Except Elox and NAXA of course. NAXA must keep up the myth that reusable space ships like the Shuttlx worked and Elox Musx is the perfect partner for this venture. It seems it is perfectly legal in UXA to spend taxpayers monex as you likeX.

What do you thinx?

« Reply #316 on: December 31, 2015, 04:33:57 AM »
Nope airbus are actively developing the program with a firm in use date. So not just a little side project for young engineers.

And not its just you and a few other FERS thst think it's fake. Everyone else thinks it's real.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #317 on: December 31, 2015, 05:33:47 AM »
It is interesting to note that you have spent your entire Christmas slavishly posting in defence of SpaceX's fraud on a Flat Earth forum.

If you are not employed by SpaceX to do so then I suggest you may need to revise your priorities in life.

Now: there were anywhere between Three & Zero 'sonic booms' reported at the SpaceX fraud-landing.

What is the correct number of sonic booms?

Thank you please!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #318 on: December 31, 2015, 05:59:57 AM »
Who says I celebrate Christmas's?  Beyond that it's not realy any of your business. .from all the fottage I have seen there was 2 sonic booms just before landing. Depending on where the fottage was recorded.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #319 on: December 31, 2015, 06:18:35 AM »
.from all the fottage I have seen there was 2 sonic booms just before landing. Depending on where the fottage was recorded.

That's a strangely evasive reply from someone who up to now has known everything there is to know about SpaceX's fraud-feats...

Also, please decide whether you intend the word 'footage' or the word 'frottage' for describing the SpaceX fraud-videos.

I suggest the latter.

Now, again; how many sonic booms were there: Three, Two, One, or Zero?

That no-one can agree on such a seemingly simple matter appears somewhat incongruent, does it not?

« Reply #320 on: December 31, 2015, 06:27:49 AM »
Again two were on all the fottage I have seen. How many do you suggest there should have been?

« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
Also before you ask me another vague noise related question this website has the projected sonic boom footprint.http://www.spaceflightinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SpaceX-LC-1-Sonic-Boom-model.png

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2015, 06:56:32 AM »
Please do not evade direct answers & waste my time by passing the buck on to fraudulent propaganda websites.

The fact that so-called 'witnesses' could not even agree on what they heard, let alone what they saw, is rather incriminating, don't you think?

Still, you seem to have settled on Two sonic booms.

Now; does the presence of Two sonic booms indicate that the SpaceX fraud-rokkit passed Sonic velocity twice in its final moments before landing?

« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
Where are poeple saying different things?

Now; does the presence of Two sonic booms indicate that the SpaceX fraud-rokkit passed Sonic velocity twice in its final moments before landing?

This last bit makes me wonder if you even know how sonic booms work.

Generaly 2 sonic booms are generated one at the front of the craft and one at the rear. Depending on where you observe the boom you will hear just the 1 or 2 depending on how the wave fronts interact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2015, 07:38:57 AM »
For an expert in all things SpaceX you seem to have gone very dumb all of a sudden.

There were reports of between Zero & Three sonic booms in a variety of media; this is easily researched.

Also, I have heard plenty of sonic booms thank you and am quite aware of how they work.

And, although you may be theoretically correct, in practice I've never heard a 'twin' one.

So please provide evidence that the SpaceX fraud-rokkit created such a thing.

« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2015, 07:47:43 AM »
Now look at the sonic boom footprint in the picture i posted. notice how some areas are exposed to the boom and some not.and as for 3 booms ( I have yet to see anyone say 3) ever heard of sound bieng reflected? Otherwise known as an echo?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »
No. Airbus NX might encourage young engineers to develop ideas of all kind incl. reusable rockets but 99.99% of these projects end up in failures. It doesn't cost much and everybody learns a lot from it.
A company with a 99.99% failure rate doesn't sound like a very good investment to me.  I suggest that you dump your stock as soon a possible.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »
Otherwise known as an echo?

So it was an echo now?

What next - a Ghost?

Whatever; the Fact that you can provide no evidence whatsoever as to the existence, number of, or anything else relating to these phantom 'sonic booms' is noted.

Now; when these elusive 'sonic booms' occurred was the SpaceX fraud-rokkit allegedly under manouevre?

Heiwa

« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
Sonic booms only occur where there is air at low altitudes and around 340 m/s speed. So there must have been a sonic boom just after start but then the rocket was over the Atlantic heading for the Azores and orbit at 700 000 m altitude. After separation at 80 000 m altitude the rocket first stage changed direction while slowing down and heading back to land, where it stopped at 200 000 m altitude and zero speed just above the launch pad and in no air and changed direction again = down.
How the first stage managed to turn 180° at supersonic speed between 80 000 and 200 000 m altitude is one of the mysteries of the whole SpaceX return recovery.
And then the first stage dropped straight down going faster and faster again and passing the speed of sound again. There was a reentry burn at 130 000 m altitude in nor air to slow down the drop but after that  it went faster and faster again. Now the famous hypersonic grid fins were flapped out to steer the rocket. We were back in very thin air.
To arrive in time you must have arrived at supersonic speed >1 150 m/s at about 17 000 m altitude only 30 seconds before touch down, when the Landing burn started. Maybe you had 340 m/s speed just 10 seconds before touch down = sonic boom. One rocket engine was burning full thrust 70 tons to stop the first stage and maybe the combination exhaust ejected at 5 000 m/s speed prevented a sonic boom. Maybe a sonic boom was created by the supersonic grid fins?
According my calculations one engine on full trust cannot have been sufficient to stop the first stage. To avoid a crash you need to fire four or five engines at full trust but there is a problem. You do not have the fuel for it. It would be interesting if SpaceX could inform how you stop anything doing 1 150 m/s speed in 30 seconds. And how much fuel was used.

« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
Sonic booms only occur where there is air at low altitudes and around 340 m/s speed. So there must have been a sonic boom just after start but then the rocket was over the Atlantic heading for the Azores and orbit at 700 000 m altitude. After separation at 80 000 m altitude the rocket first stage changed direction while slowing down and heading back to land, where it stopped at 200 000 m altitude and zero speed just above the launch pad and in no air and changed direction again = down.
How the first stage managed to turn 180° at supersonic speed between 80 000 and 200 000 m altitude is one of the mysteries of the whole SpaceX return recovery.
And then the first stage dropped straight down going faster and faster again and passing the speed of sound again. There was a reentry burn at 130 000 m altitude in nor air to slow down the drop but after that  it went faster and faster again. Now the famous hypersonic grid fins were flapped out to steer the rocket. We were back in very thin air.
To arrive in time you must have arrived at supersonic speed >1 150 m/s at about 17 000 m altitude only 30 seconds before touch down, when the Landing burn started. Maybe you had 340 m/s speed just 10 seconds before touch down = sonic boom. One rocket engine was burning full thrust 70 tons to stop the first stage and maybe the combination exhaust ejected at 5 000 m/s speed prevented a sonic boom. Maybe a sonic boom was created by the supersonic grid fins?
According my calculations one engine on full trust cannot have been sufficient to stop the first stage. To avoid a crash you need to fire four or five engines at full trust but there is a problem. You do not have the fuel for it. It would be interesting if SpaceX could inform how you stop anything doing 1 150 m/s speed in 30 seconds. And how much fuel was used.
Please show your calculations here.

Where is the UK occupant of the ISS currently?