Wanted: Honest REer

• 6 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Wanted: Honest REer
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »
Hi,

As I've said several times, I've been working on a rewrite of the DE model. It's almost done, and it's hopefully much clearer than the old as it has been developed in light of the common questions (on the rare occasions they're actually offered). However, before it's put up fully, I'd like someone to read and comment.
You don't need to accept the model as genuine, or find the logic I use unquestionable, I just want the model itself to be clear, and understandable. It's been done on a hidden board in my forum.

If anyone is willing or interested in helping, let me know. All you'll need to do is make an account on the side forum, and I can give you permission to access the board. Then all I'll need is an overview: whether it makes sense, and is clear (irrespective of how true you find it).

Certain REers will be ignored, do to a long and consistent experience of a lack of any substantive discussion with them. if you've ever asked a good question about DET, or we've ever had a good  discussion on the topic, you're more than welcome however.

Thank you for any help.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Poko

Re: Wanted: Honest REer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »
Are you looking for fact-checking or just internal consistency?
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:35:04 PM »
Are you looking for fact-checking or just internal consistency?
Clarity, as I said. What you describe will be done once it's made publicly available, and is debated.
What I want is to ensure the model is clear in what's stated, and that there is no ambiguity.

Poko

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »
I mean, if your proof-reader found something internally inconsistent with the model, would you want them to point it out or just leave it?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:58:03 PM by Poko »
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:34:21 PM »
I mean, if your proof-reader found something internally inconsistent with the model, would you want them to point it out or just leave it?

If there's an internal inconsistency, point it out, certainly: that could be a sign of something unclear. I just want to avoid getting into a debate that could drag out the process unnecessarily.

Poko

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
I'm currently reading through your big DET overview post on the DET forum and I'm already seeing things that could use clarification. I'd be happy to take a look at your more refined model if you'll let me.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »
I'm currently reading through your big DET overview post on the DET forum and I'm already seeing things that could use clarification. I'd be happy to take a look at your more refined model if you'll let me.
I am aware the current overview contains some less clear aspects: that was why the rewrite was required. The rewrite is somewhat more structured, and has more focus on elements I have been told were less clear.

You do seem to offer more content than most REers. If you make an account on the forum, I can give you permission.