Give me your top ten proofs for a flat earth

• 385 Replies

CaptainMagpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
Re: Give me your top ten proofs for a flat earth
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2015, 05:07:22 PM »
I'm going to stop feeding the troll. Come back when you can justify a single claim you make.
And let's add 'can pay the slightest attention to the thread,' to that list.

Actually I've only ever needed to say this to you. Says something. We were having a perfectly good conversation until you started wasting time. What is the point of your derailments? Some of us are actually trying to talk.
Lol, I'm just stopping your derailment because you cannot grasp that DEF is not a thing and you bringing it up to answer questions has no place in any thread on this forum.
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 05:11:45 PM »
Lol, I'm just stopping your derailment because you cannot grasp that DEF is not a thing and you bringing it up to answer questions has no place in any thread on this forum.
And still refusing to even attempt a justification.

Look, you don't bother adding any content. You waste time. Some people are actually trying to have discussions here, why do you feel the need to butt in and drag it away from any kind of actual, substantive discussion? Do you just need everything to be about you, are you wasting time, or are you just a troll?
Seriously, it's just childish. Some of us are trying to have an actual dicsussion, and your spamming and whining has no place.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
And still refusing to even attempt a justification.

Look, you don't bother adding any content. You waste time. Some people are actually trying to have discussions here, why do you feel the need to butt in and drag it away from any kind of actual, substantive discussion? Do you just need everything to be about you, are you wasting time, or are you just a troll?
Seriously, it's just childish. Some of us are trying to have an actual dicsussion, and your spamming and whining has no place.
Look, until you are not the only person that believes in DEF then you are not adding any content to any thread. Please stahp.
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
Is any FE is going to provide ten proofs or not?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Poko

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:20 PM »
No they won't. They won't even try. Direct debate and discussion is how they lose.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2015, 03:07:53 AM »
Look, until you are not the only person that believes in DEF then you are not adding any content to any thread. Please stahp.
Every theory begins by being accepted by one person. Stop wasting time.

Define proof. The typical definition (evidence exclusively for something) is untenable in any realistic, scientific context.

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:14 AM »
No they won't. They won't even try. Direct debate and discussion is how they lose.
A basic Stringline, its weight of mass & gravitational fall  . Proves there is no curviture & earth is not spherical.
All your trying to talk your way around this basic compelling  evidence of truth. Just reinforces what dishonest people you are.
Birdy - People Help The People [Official Music Vi…: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:07:47 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 04:32:59 AM »
A basic Stringline, its weight of mass & gravitational fall  . Proves there is no curviture & earth is not spherical.
All your trying to talk your way around this basic compelling  evidence of truth. Just reinforces what dishonest people you are.
Birdy - People Help The People [Official Music Vi…: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Show the proof.

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »
I'll give it a go just for fun.

1. The ground appears flat on small scales. I don't understand how circles work, therefore Earth is flat.
2. Some unnamed law of physics states that the surface of a liquid must be flat. A round Earth requires the surface of the oceans to be curved, therefore Earth is flat.
3. The Sun, Moon, and other celestial bodies look like two-dimensional circles. I don't understand perspective, therefore Earth is flat.
4. I don't understand what a composite image is, but it sounds like a NASA conspiracy, therefore Earth is flat.
5. I have never bothered to look for unaltered photographs of Earth, therefore Earth is flat.
6. I don't understand how gravity works and I have never heard of the Cavendish experiment, therefore Earth is flat.
7. Something about aether, therefore Earth is flat.
8. The concept of a non-aerodynamic object floating around the planet without falling seems ridiculous to me. I don't understand vacuum, therefore Earth is flat.
9. If the planet was round and spinning it would fling us all off. I have never actually done the math to verify this myself, but it sounds about right to me. I don't understand uniform circular motion, therefore Earth is flat.
10. You are a government shill, therefore Earth is flat.

QED.
4 pages and only this sarcastic post contained what the OP asked for. Nicely done, FEers.

Please ignore jroa, he turned into full troll mode.

Mikey T.

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
1.  Because I think someone told me they read that it said something that alluded to this in the Bible.
2.  I do not understand physics so I do not trust it.
3.  Because someone made a youtube video saying it was flat.
4.  What Poko said.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2015, 09:26:18 AM »
Every theory begins by being accepted by one person. Stop wasting time.

Define proof. The typical definition (evidence exclusively for something) is untenable in any realistic, scientific context.

For example. I can prove that if I walk off the side of Grand Canyon then I'll fall.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2015, 10:00:32 AM »
For example. I can prove that if I walk off the side of Grand Canyon then I'll fall.
Do you understand the difference between a definition and an example?!
If you can't even define what it is you're asking for, I have no idea how anyone's meant to provide it.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2015, 10:08:08 AM »
If you can't even define what it is you're asking for, I have no idea how anyone's meant to provide it.
Ok so me the results of your experiments where you measured lower concentrations of Aether at the bottom of the canyon compared to the top.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
Ok so me the results of your experiments where you measured lower concentrations of Aether at the bottom of the canyon compared to the top.
It's existing knowledge, that the downwards force is greater the lower you are. Under DET, this is down to aether. Now, unless you're just going to presuppose your model, this is the only kind of evidence there actually is.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
It's existing knowledge, that the downwards force is greater the lower you are. Under DET, this is down to aether. Now, unless you're just going to presuppose your model, this is the only kind of evidence there actually is.
What are you on about!? There is no "existing knowledge" that says this due to Aether. Can you justify this claim instead of just using assertion?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2015, 10:27:50 AM »
What are you on about!? There is no "existing knowledge" that says this due to Aether. Can you justify this claim instead of just using assertion?
The existing knowledge is the observation. There is no assertion to say it is in line with the DE model.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
The existing knowledge is the observation. There is no assertion to say it is in line with the DE model.
You're asserting that your observation is the right one without any justification. Try again.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
You're asserting that your observation is the right one without any justification. Try again.
When have I done that? At no point have I said this was the exclusive explanation. It's not: no observation has only one explanation.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2015, 10:44:47 AM »
When have I done that? At no point have I said this was the exclusive explanation. It's not: no observation has only one explanation.
Is he really serious right now? I'm pretty sure that is all you've done since putting DEF on this forum. That is my exact point and yet have no justification what so ever that your version of the observation is correct, but we are just supposed to believe you're right....

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »
Is he really serious right now? I'm pretty sure that is all you've done since putting DEF on this forum. That is my exact point and yet have no justification what so ever that your version of the observation is correct, but we are just supposed to believe you're right....
Yes, generally I prefer the DET explanation for the reasons given in the model. That is not and was not what you asked.
My model is preferred overall, by Occam's Razor. Focusing on one minor aspect is not going to giev you any indication of which theory is to be preferred, over any area of science.

But, sure, if you want to go that way: please say why gravity is to be preferred over aether, with no reference to anything beyond the alteration with intensity at the top and bottom of the Grand Canyon.
I'd be impressed if you could. But, nope, you're being a hypocrite like usual.

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
Yes, generally I prefer the DET explanation for the reasons given in the model. That is not and was not what you asked.
My model is preferred overall, by Occam's Razor. Focusing on one minor aspect is not going to giev you any indication of which theory is to be preferred, over any area of science.

But, sure, if you want to go that way: please say why gravity is to be preferred over aether, with no reference to anything beyond the alteration with intensity at the top and bottom of the Grand Canyon.
I'd be impressed if you could. But, nope, you're being a hypocrite like usual.
That's my point. Occam's Razor still prefers RE since DEF relies purely on assumptions.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
That's my point. Occam's Razor still prefers RE since DEF relies purely on assumptions.
EVERYTHING relies on assumptions, fuckwit, they're called axioms. RET relies on them, as does DET. DET just relies on fewer. HOW ABOUT YOU TRY TO LEARN THE FUCKING MODEL FOR ONCE?! STOP WASTING MY TIME YOU PATHETIC penguin, I'M SICK OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH YOU.

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »
Show the proof.
Show the proof ? It is the proof. The fact you cant get it to convex, when it should be convexing if the earth was spherical as you declare it to be. If the  fall of mass was  to center of a spherical, then the stringline would convex. But it doesn't, it sags in the middle. "Concaves" proving the earth not to be spherical.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
Show the proof.
Show the proof ? It is the proof. The fact you cant get it to convex, when it should be convexing if the earth was spherical as you declare it to be. If the  fall of mass was  to center of a spherical, then the stringline would convex. But it doesn't, it sags in the middle. "Concaves" proving the earth not to be spherical.
Curve of earth over 10m?  Sag of line over 10m?

CaptainMagpie

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »
Show the proof.
String trumps gravity now?

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
Sorry but thats not how physics works, gravity makes thing go down, so string goes down, the edges are being hold up hence the edges don't go down.
Your logic says since the string doesn't stay flat, the earth isn't flat, we are in the inside of a sphere.
Also about occams razor, what is ment by simplicity of a theory, looking at the complexity of the whole theory is wrong, because then a theory that can explain the most things becomes the worse theory. You have to instead compair the simplicity of explaining a thing both theorys predict. Once DET has any equations to predict the motion of any object in the sky this can be done, untill then occams razor doesn't apply.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2015, 06:44:53 PM »
You have NEVER given a logical reason why the "stringline would convex".
You simply say "If the  fall of mass was  to center of a spherical, then the stringline would convex.", without a shred of reasoning.
Please explain why it should "convex".  Everyone else can see that on a flat, globe or whatever shaped earth, the same force (acceleration or whatever you want to call it) that keeps you on the ground causes the stringline to sag in the middle.
If the statement: But it doesn't, it sags in the middle. "Concaves" proving the earth not to be spherical. is your definitive proof, then the Globe is in perfectly safe hands.
We do appreciate you enormous help.  The other Flat Earth supporters must be cringing.
Come to think of it maybe Papa Legba can come up with some supporting argument for your ideas! LOL

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2015, 06:25:12 AM »
You have NEVER given a logical reason why the "stringline would convex".
You simply say "If the  fall of mass was  to center of a spherical, then the stringline would convex.", without a shred of reasoning.
Please explain why it should "convex".  Everyone else can see that on a flat, globe or whatever shaped earth, the same force (acceleration or whatever you want to call it) that keeps you on the ground causes the stringline to sag in the middle.
If the statement: But it doesn't, it sags in the middle. "Concaves" proving the earth not to be spherical. is your definitive proof, then the Globe is in perfectly safe hands.
We do appreciate you enormous help.  The other Flat Earth supporters must be cringing.
Come to think of it maybe Papa Legba can come up with some supporting argument for your ideas! LOL
You claim earth is  spherical & gravity is falling to the center of that mass. Now lets see if your claim mimics reality, lets start with one plumb bob vertical .We start with one vertical ,because you can only have one vertical plumb bob the rest you hang after the first one would  have to have leans on them .There lays the problem with your sphercal center of mass concept, no two plumb bob hung would  hang vertically the same .There would be one vertically true with  the rest leaning. Now lets get back to the stringline for a moment,. Which area along it is gravity falling vertically true & which area has the falling lean.?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:30:24 AM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »
With plum bobs they would have to be placed over a large distance to notice a difference in their direction.
The diameter of the earth is 12742 km, so over 10 meters the angle between two plum lines is 0.000028 degrees. Thats a horizontal slant of 28 micrometers, thats the length of a few bacteria. Not going to have a noticeable effect.
Also your logic is wrong, I'll use your faulty logic to show you why. On a flat earth the ground is flat and gravity is directly down. So the line should follow the shape of the earth and stay flat, but it doesn't, it concaves, so the earth is concave. We are on the inside of a sphere. :-)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:10:38 AM by EternalHoid »

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2015, 11:55:45 AM »
With plum bobs they would have to be placed over a large distance to notice a difference in their direction.
The diameter of the earth is 12742 km, so over 10 meters the angle between two plum lines is 0.000028 degrees. Thats a horizontal slant of 28 micrometers, thats the length of a few bacteria. Not going to have a noticeable effect.
Also your logic is wrong, I'll use your faulty logic to show you why. On a flat earth the ground is flat and gravity is directly down. So the line should follow the shape of the earth and stay flat, but it doesn't, it concaves, so the earth is concave. We are on the inside of a sphere. :-)
Care to add your BS earth rottation cock head . If what you stated was true water would never settel . The stringline sags in the" middle " because its fall is directly downward  & not to a spherical center of mass . Remove the supporting  ends & the stringline full length would fall at the same rate .