Why mankind will always be stuck to Earth and visiting aliens are impossible...

• 239 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
the rocket keep on accelerating since there's a force (thrust) acting on it and less and less air resistance

The maximum speed of the rocket is limited by the maximum speed of its exhaust, in accordance with Newton 3.

Look:

The Newtonian definition of a Force is: 'A push or pull on an object as a result of its interaction with another object'.

So, if Object One is pushing or pulling on Object Two at the speed of 9,000 mph, there is no way that Object two can exceed that speed.

Thus, it can only accelerate UP TO its maximum speed & thereafter it can accelerate no more.

Simple, eh?

I know it's your job to make it un-simple...

But it just is.

Toodle-pip, Fido!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
the rocket keep on accelerating since there's a force (thrust) acting on it and less and less air resistance

The maximum speed of the rocket is limited by the maximum speed of its exhaust, in accordance with Newton 3.

Look:

The Newtonian definition of a Force is: 'A push or pull on an object as a result of its interaction with another object'.

So, if Object One is pushing or pulling on Object Two at the speed of 9,000 mph, there is no way that Object two can exceed that speed.

Thus, it can only accelerate UP TO its maximum speed & thereafter it can accelerate no more.

Simple, eh?

I know it's your job to make it un-simple...

But it just is.

Toodle-pip, Fido!

Force is not measured in speed. Its measured in Newtons, or if you prefer, kg*m/s^2.
Its directly related to acceleration, not to speed.
Newton's second, remember?
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
I know your only intention here is to shit up an utterly simple concept as much as possible in order to make your fantasy 'shpayze-shippz' manifest.

But however you twist the facts, you cannot make the following Untrue:

The maximum speed of a rocket is set by the maximum speed of its exhaust.

I do not care what kind of Harry Potter mathe-magical mumbo-jumbo you hurl at me.

I will just keep re-posting the above no matter what.

Okay, Mister Hankey?

So if object one (the elevator) is pushing on object two (a person), there's no way a person can go faster than the elevator? So is impossible to jump in an elevator?

Interesting....

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol

This statement, if anything, proves that rockets do work in a vacuum. All that you're essentially saying is that the speed of a booster's exhaust determines how fast it moves, which isn't true. Maybe you should read what you write before you shit it out all over a thread.

I do not care what kind of Harry Potter mathe-magical mumbo-jumbo you hurl at me.
If you just throw your hands up at solid physics and yell "HURR DURR LALALALA IM NOT LISTENING DURR", then you've already lost.

I will just keep re-posting the above no matter what.
Have fun being banned for spamming a thread.

Finally, Papa, your presumption that rocket boosters don't work in space is based off an incorrect understanding of how they work in the first place. Rocket boosters do not accelerate themselves using the exhaust created. The accelerate themselves through the process of fuel combustion, which creates "mini-explosions" of a sort. The exhaust is simply a side effect of this combustion process.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
It rubs my bullshit into its brain, or else it gets the hose again... It rubs my bullshit into its brain, or else it gets the hose again!

Sorry, Buffalo Bill, but as I am not confined to your skinning-pit, I have no need to defer to your psychotic brainwashing.

Now read this & STFU:

Toodle-pip, John Wayne Gaylord!

TheEarthIsASphere.

It rubs my bullshit into its brain, or else it gets the hose again... It rubs my bullshit into its brain, or else it gets the hose again!

Sorry, Buffalo Bill, but as I am not confined to your skinning-pit, I have no need to defer to your psychotic brainwashing.

Now read this & STFU:

Toodle-pip, John Wayne Gaylord!

I did read it dipshit. It proves nothing.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

TheEarthIsASphere.

Mostly correct, yes.

No shit smart stuff. Object two will be moving at the speed of object one, assuming that there are no other forces at play, like friction.

No. The exhaust is simply a side effect of the rocket fuel combusting. The rocket accelerates using the force created when the fuel combusts. Think of it like a series of many "mini-explosions" all going off at once. This is what creates the force that propels the rocket forward.

Again, no shit. Hence the word "maximum". I don't even know why you needed to include that there.

In short, your "statement" doesn't prove shit. At all.

So if object one (the elevator) is pushing on object two (a person), there's no way a person can go faster than the elevator? So is impossible to jump in an elevator?

Interesting....

Conker

Force is not measured in speed terms. Force isnt necesarilly coupled to movement (try moving a wall, tough guy).
Km/h are a measure of speed (velocity's magnitude), not force. Even newton's second pretty clearly states that: forces change acceleration, not speed.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
(try moving a wall, tough guy).

You could not have picked a worse person to say this to.

I have built, demolished, re-built, re-demolished, moved, removed, stabilised, destabilised, altered, re-altered, renovated, re-renovated, and generally done everything possible to, more Walls than you could ever shake a stick at...

None of which makes me a 'tough guy' at all.

It just makes me good at my job.

Because my job is doing Real things in the Real world using Real physical principles...

Whereas your job seems to be playing with words & numbers in order to make your favourite sci-fi fantasies possible.

Conker

(try moving a wall, tough guy).

You could not have picked a worse person to say this to.

I have built, demolished, re-built, re-demolished, moved, removed, stabilised, destabilised, altered, re-altered, renovated, re-renovated, and generally done everything possible to, more Walls than you could ever shake a stick at...

None of which makes me a 'tough guy' at all.

It just makes me good at my job.

Because my job is doing Real things in the Real world using Real physical principles...

Whereas your job seems to be playing with words & numbers in order to make your favourite sci-fi fantasies possible.

Funny enough, my job IS to play with words and numbers. And still, I can say with almost absolute certainty that I have built and teared down more walls in my life than you.
The matter here is that you are a proven liar and therefore not worth anyone's time.
Nothing you say will make the above untrue.
Toodle-pip, loser!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
Funny enough, my job IS to play with words and numbers.

We already know that.

Which is why you ignore the practical nature of what a Force consists of in preference for a mathematical abstraction thereof, from which you can conjure impossible things.

Because, as the Newtonian definition of a Force is: 'A push or pull on an object as a result of its interaction with another object', then whatever speed Object One is pushing on Object two must set the upper limit for the speed of Object Two's motion in the opposite direction.

Simple, Irrefutable, Newtonian Physics.

The rest of your post was pitiful garbage & will be ignored.

What if object one and two are going in the same direction?

Conker

Look at me, Im Mr CantGoogleToSaveHisLife, look at me making up definitions!: 'A push or pull on an object as a result of its interaction with another object', then whatever speed Object One is pushing on Object two must set the upper limit for the speed of Object Two's motion in the opposite direction.

The rest of my post is pitiful garbage & is to be ignored.

What a joke!
The matter here is that you are a proven liar and therefore not worth anyone's time.
Nothing you say will make the above untrue.
Toodle-pip, loser!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
Here is your explanation, conker:

And, yes, an object can go much faster than its reaction speed, because the only important thing is the relative speed between both objects, and while acording to the rocket the exhaust is going down, in fact it is going in the same direction of the rocket (in a vacuum), just slower. Simply change the POV to the rocket.

Whilst here is mine:

Let the neutral decide which one is more logical.

Further, my explanation is backed up by a vast amount of evidence, from a Newton's Cradle to something as simple as a Leaf blowing in the Wind...

Whilst your explanation has Zero evidence whatsoever.

Which is why you are reduced to sputtering & pushing the 'report' button, ain't it?

Poor little conker!

Tooooooooooooooooooooodle-PIP, Loser!

Ps the leaf thing is very lame.... Do u happen to have some scientific evidence? Something like an equation for example

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
So an abstract equation is more meaningful than the direct & empirical evidence of your own senses?

LOL!!!

As for your lift schtick, you are sneakily introducing a THIRD force into a basic Newton 3 scenario consisting of only TWO.

Really, you are shameless!

Please go away and either return with some physical evidence for your position or leave us all alone.

Much more meaningful. Our sense can easily be tricked, math doesn't lie.

As far as the elevator the question remains.
U want only action reaction forces, ok. Remove gravity. If I'm in an elevator accelerating, can I or cannot I jump?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
So you have no direct, empirical evidence?

Funny, that, cos I have plenty...

For example, a Leaf blowing in the Wind.

The Truth could not be simpler...

Goodbye, Troll!

U never use math, is that cause it proves u wrong or is simply cause u cannot understand it?

Btw i was trying an empirical approach with the elevator thing but still no answer.

The leaf thing is very very lame.... Leaf is moved by air resistance, rocket is propelled thanks to conservation of momentum...

Merry Christmas to u and your welder buddies
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:04:48 AM by luckyfred »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
The leaf thing is very very lame.... Leaf is moved by air resistance, rocket is propelled thanks to conservation of momentum...

Nope.

The 'leaf thing' is direct proof of what I am saying.

Everything that moves is, actually...

But hey, if you think we should accept your mathematical abstractions over all the evidence of our senses, then good for you, Fido!

No-one believes you, though.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer

But hey, if you think we should accept your mathematical abstractions over all the evidence of our senses, then good for you, Fido!

Human senses are extremely limited and we have moved past their limits in our study of the world a loooooong time ago.  That you do not understand that is a testament to how pathetic your debates are here.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
Human senses are extremely limited and we have moved past their limits in our study of the world a loooooong time ago. 

That is the single most insane post I have ever read here.

No wonder you all believe this sci-fi fantasy bullshit is Reality.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Human senses are extremely limited and we have moved past their limits in our study of the world a loooooong time ago. 

That is the single most insane post I have ever read here.

No wonder you all believe this sci-fi fantasy bullshit is Reality.

That you do not understand that is a testament to how pathetic your debates are here.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
That you do not understand that is a testament to how pathetic your debates are here.

In other words; if I do not believe your utterly unproven bullshit I am 'pathetic'?

LOL!!!

Psycho alert!

The leaf thing can apply to sailboats.

Still waiting an answer about the elevator

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
Still waiting an answer about the elevator

Liar.

I already answered you.

Look, Liar:

As for your lift schtick, you are sneakily introducing a THIRD force into a basic Newton 3 scenario consisting of only TWO.

Really, you are shameless!

Please go away and either return with some physical evidence for your position or leave us all alone.

Toodle-pip, Liar!

Conker

Funny that you mention Newton's craddles, since they work due to momentum conservation, something you said it is an "abstract equation"
Toodle-pip, liar.
You can't escape the truth!

Much more meaningful. Our sense can easily be tricked, math doesn't lie.

As far as the elevator the question remains.
U want only action reaction forces, ok. Remove gravity. If I'm in an elevator accelerating, can I or cannot I jump?

I asked what happens without gravity, waiting an answer