« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2015, 03:11:59 AM »
Argumentum ad nauseam.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The Problem with Earth's Shadow
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 03:14:55 AM »
I made two posts in this thread.  How is that ad nauseam?  Perhaps you should look up big words before you use them?  Just a suggestion. 

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 06:05:18 AM »
It is a simplistic diagram that gives false information.

That's what I just said, innit?

All diagrams showing eclipses are equally bullshit.
Why do lunar eclipses only happen at night and solar eclipses only happen during the day?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »
Still waiting for that diagram of any kind of eclipse drawn to scale...

Don't tell me you ain't got one!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Says the creeper...

Another ad Hominem.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
Those diagrams are ridiculous. The sun's light does not work like that in the ball Earth model. On the ball Earth you can not even see the whole sun. Only that part of light that hits the Earth is seen, about the same size as the Earth coming in at straight line energy. The energy radiates out from the Sun like a radio wave, or rays. It is an ever expanding orb of energy. When it reaches Earth it is a ball 93,000,000 miles in diameter. That part that is not directed at Earth is not visible. You can not see light that is not shinning on you, same for the Earth.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

JustThatOneGuy

• Expect to see activity bursts and stops.
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »
Those diagrams are ridiculous. The sun's light does not work like that in the ball Earth model. On the ball Earth you can not even see the whole sun. Only that part of light that hits the Earth is seen, about the same size as the Earth coming in at straight line energy. The energy radiates out from the Sun like a radio wave, or rays. It is an ever expanding orb of energy. When it reaches Earth it is a ball 93,000,000 miles in diameter. That part that is not directed at Earth is not visible. You can not see light that is not shinning on you, same for the Earth.
*Shining shinning would be involving the shin, which is a human body part. Shining is involving the shine. I'm going to bug you about your grammar/spelling for a long time, aren't I?
Nah, I'm just here to correct your grammar. The Earth's still round, though.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
*Shining shinning would be involving the shin, which is a human body part. Shining is involving the shine. I'm going to bug you about your grammar/spelling for a long time, aren't I?
Did you have something to contribute or are you just here to act the fool. Do you even know what sun light is and how it travels? Apparently not.

Ball people show me the ball Earth curve. There is no physical proof of the ball Earth theory, none. No curve not a ball, not a ball you can not call the Earth a sphere. The Earth is and always has been a flat plane.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2015, 10:54:43 PM »

Classical physics disagrees with this statement.

Light does not only travel directly away from the center of the sun or almost any light source in a direct line. Light propagates in all directions from its origin. The origin of light from the sun would be its surface, not its center.

What you are suggesting would result in the sun and all shining objects to only create point sources of light. Everything would act like a laser was pointing at you.

The diagrams seem correct, aside from the obvious issue of scale.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »

LULZ!!!

Did you really just write that?

You did, didn't you?

You really wrote that!

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 01:44:53 AM »

LULZ!!!

Did you really just write that?

You did, didn't you?

You really wrote that!
and the problem is?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 02:31:37 AM »
and the problem is?

Obvious...

To anyone who is able to discern Reality from Geometrical Abstractions, that is.

Which clearly isn't you.

So toodle-pip, Mr. 'inquisitive about nothing'.

*Yawn!*

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 07:46:20 AM »

Classical physics disagrees with this statement.

Light does not only travel directly away from the center of the sun or almost any light source in a direct line. Light propagates in all directions from its origin. The origin of light from the sun would be its surface, not its center.

What you are suggesting would result in the sun and all shining objects to only create point sources of light. Everything would act like a laser was pointing at you.

That was my point in a different thread. The light from the Sun does not come from a single point but from the whole visible surface (that causes penumbras and umbras that we observe/photograph). Ronxyz doesn't get this. He has his bail of hay model of the Sun. If the light came as he suggests, there would not be a penumbra.

FEers, get with the program. Get a telescope and learn astronomy.

Bottom line. FEers don't like the lunar eclipse pictures and the RET explanation. All they can say is it is BS without providing any diagrams of their own. That is silly rebuttal rather than a refutation.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 12:15:21 AM »
Astrology concepts depend upon the shapes and visuals of the moon. Moon signs are depended on the position of the object in the sky constellation. Yes there would be formulas to derive it but they also define your personality by it. the time when the you born and the position of the moon, sun and planet during the time you born has major aspects on your personality status.

?

MidnightWolf9908

• The fact that I had to make this account is sad
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2021, 08:26:30 PM »
If the the shaded area of the Moon is caused by Earth's shadow, why does it appear to be the same diameter as the the Moon? One can clearly see it is. If the Earth is four times the size of the Moon, then the shadow on the Moon should be a much larger diameter. It is not, it looks to the exact diameter as the Moon.
The moon enters the earth's shadow during lunar eclipses only. The normal phases of the moon are not because of the earth's shadow.

Okay, I'll give you that. Here is a picture of a Lunar eclipse of April 2014. I'll ask the same question as before. They both look nearly the same diameter to me, How can this be?

The Sun, despite its large size, is very far away. The Moon is way closer.
Where do I put the signature?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2021, 05:33:41 AM »
Folks, take a moment to look at the dates here. This thread died 6 years ago.