Is ISS a projection?

• 161 Replies
?

Jadyyn

Is ISS a projection?
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:52:16 AM »
My problem is this picture of the space shuttle and ISS (from the "The space shuttle" thread):

Here's a lovely photo of the space shuttle approaching the ISS to dock, while orbiting the spherical earth at around 7 km/s. This was taken by an amateur photographer in the Forest of Dean, UK.

The response is this isn't real, a laser projection.

So my question is how is the projection, against a black background, also one, against the Sun? (Dual Earth Theory thread):

I did not reject it because I did not like it, the story was fine. Your hypothesis about space travel on the other hand is very easy to reject, I have done so many times my self.

Again, the non-existence space travel is a conclusion. You reject it with no evidence beyond the assertion the numerous FE responses are wrong: that is not scientific.

That is your opinion, I reject it with alot of evidence, my favourite is this

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:44:28 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Is ISS a projection?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »
You know, I always wondered ever since I joined the forum will there ever be prove positive that the earth is round that the FEs will accept. I think if nothing else this will stump them.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:06 AM »
BTW, these pics of the Shuttle/ISS are interesting too:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:44:54 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
If one beileves the ISS is a laser projection, this person is either very very stupid or very paranoid and self centered.

These pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:16:14 AM by sircool »
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »
Furthermore, as I said in the "Dual Earth Theory" thread, based on the size of the Sun (angular measurement) and the size of the shuttle and ISS (angular measurement and measured size), we should be able to determine the altitude of them in these pics +/-.

You can Google "shuttle sun images" and "ISS sun images" for more pics to help with the measurements.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »
If one beileves the ISS is a laser projection, this person is either very very stupid or very paranoid and self centered.

These pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Couldn't argue with you there. Truly spectacular!!!

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 11:13:49 AM »
These are some pretty neat pictures, as well as an awesome disproof of a flat Earth model. :D
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »
This is one of my favorites :)

If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
If the ISS is, in fact, a projection of some sort, then:

It would need a background. A physical one, capable of reflecting nearly 100% of the light. To do so, it would need to be nearly or completely opaque, otherwise it would let some of the projection's light pass. Being nearly opaque, it would block light from the other side, too - Starlight, Sunlight, and Moonlight. Not only that, but passing aircraft would also be able to track down the source of said projection.

Therefore we can conclude that the ISS must be real to be seen, and the idea of it not being real is just another nonsense from the dumb flat earthers and the trolls/discordians who preach this "for fun" (talk about stupid sense of humor)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »
I suppose you people have never heard of a little program called Photoshop? 

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 02:43:22 PM »
The shuttle has wings and engines, so not to surprising it can fly around.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »

Look, here's something you can do at home or somewhere with no light pollution. Google when is the best time to look for the ISS in your area and wait for it. You'll see it.

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »

Where talking about the ISS, not the shuttle. Plus if you notice, the shuttle is not doing a normal airplane fight. It's moving on its side more or less.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »

Where talking about the ISS, not the shuttle. Plus if you notice, the shuttle is not doing a normal airplane fight. It's moving on its side more or less.

One of the examples shows the shuttle, so fair game. Planes can go every which way not just bottom down. Only a child could watch those iss videos and think they are real. Which one is fake, iss or shuttle or both? BOTH

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »
It embarrasses me that people actually believe those pictures to be real. It's scary to think that so called intelligent human beings fall for this shit. I pray they are just taking the piss and don't really believe this crap.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »
I took the time to analyze the above images. They are all fake. The shuttle and iss are larger pixels than the moon background. If you are going to put fake images out there at least know what you are doing.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »

Wow, you can tell the direction something is moving from a single 2D image?  You must be psychic. 

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

Look, here's something you can do at home or somewhere with no light pollution. Google when is the best time to look for the ISS in your area and wait for it. You'll see it.

He already knows this site http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ He's just trolling you. Get used to it  ;D

wonkaswilly12

• Quantum earther
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 07:29:53 PM »
Look, buy a telescope, find out when the shuttle passes you, look at it. Oh wait, Im sure you are going deny it all and probably not going to do it.

You can't photoshop something anyone can see with a cheap telescope and google
The earth is an infinite 4D plane!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
Look, buy a telescope, find out when the shuttle passes you, look at it. Oh wait, Im sure you are going deny it all and probably not going to do it.

You can't photoshop something anyone can see with a cheap telescope and google

You can supposedly see the ISS maneuvering around the night sky with your bare eyes. Why do you insist people see it through a telescope?  Did you know that it is not as easy to track a moving light in the sky as you make it out to be?  You might as well have suggested using a telescope to track a meteor. 

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »
Face it, FEers don't believe in pictures unless they support FE.

All amateur astronomers with telescopes in their backyards are liars and shills of the government. *I* don't believe FEers even believe in telescopes, binoculars or cameras with zoom lens. IF they did, they could see/photograph various objects in the sky - but wait... that would make them liars and shills.

FEers will not get their butts out of their computer chairs and go somewhere with telescopes. They do not believe in reality. FE is a FANTASY. THAT is their world.

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »

Wow, you can tell the direction something is moving from a single 2D image?  You must be psychic.

Judging from the second picture with the shuttle, either the nose or the tail is facing the camera. And assuming (I'm gonna get in trouble for saying that) the they were moving laterally across the camera there's no way for it to be a normal flight you take to New York.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »

Judging from the second picture with the shuttle, either the nose or the tail is facing the camera. And assuming (I'm gonna get in trouble for saying that) the they were moving laterally across the camera there's no way for it to be a normal flight you take to New York.

Oh, I see.  You were using conjecture and making assumptions.  Glad we could clear that up.

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:45 PM »
You can supposedly see the ISS maneuvering around the night sky with your bare eyes. Why do you insist people see it through a telescope?  Did you know that it is not as easy to track a moving light in the sky as you make it out to be?  You might as well have suggested using a telescope to track a meteor.
I was able to follow a plane with my telescope. It takes just few minutes for the plane to pass from one side to the other side of the horizon. For ISS case, it takes ~45 minutes from the moment it shows to the moment it dissapear.

Why to see through the telescope? Because you no longer see a light dot, but you receive a clear image of what is flying there.

This is how your argument fails. Again.

I find this really amusing: you are trying to change the topic in favour of FE model, you insult people and call images  photoshoped, but you never actually use your brain to solve the mystery of a moving light spot...

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 10:37:39 PM »
Here's a lovely photo of the space shuttle approaching the ISS to dock, while orbiting the spherical earth at around 7 km/s.
2 airplanes with expensive custom body kits

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »
I was able to follow a plane with my telescope. It takes just few minutes for the plane to pass from one side to the other side of the horizon. For ISS case, it takes ~45 minutes from the moment it shows to the moment it dissapear.

Why to see through the telescope? Because you no longer see a light dot, but you receive a clear image of what is flying there.

This is how your argument fails. Again.

I find this really amusing: you are trying to change the topic in favour of FE model, you insult people and call images  photoshoped, but you never actually use your brain to solve the mystery of a moving light spot...

This is proof that you have never seen the ISS.  It is visible at most for several minutes, but more commonly it is visible for less than a minute and often, just seconds.  Just because it supposedly takes 90 minutes to fly around the ball Earth, that does not mean you can see it for 45 minutes at a time.  Perhaps you should study up on RET so you can be more productive in these discussions?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
Anyone wanting to know what these lights in the sky we're told are satellites etc. really are should look up 'Operation Moonwatch'.

Basically, NASA conned a bunch of amateur astronomers into tracking all the naturally-occurring NEO's for them, so they could later re-assign them as 'satellites' or what-have-you.

It was part of the 'International Geophysical Year', 1957-58, another large part of which was Antarctic exploration...

Interestingly, 'Sputnik' was launched (& was allegedly visible from the ground with the naked eye, lol!) in late 1957 & the Antarctic Treaty was signed in 1959.

Can you see what they did there?

Cos Legba sees what they did there!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »
Quote from: jroa
This is proof that you have never seen the ISS.  It is visible at most for several minutes, but more commonly it is visible for less than a minute and often, just seconds.  Just because it supposedly takes 90 minutes to fly around the ball Earth, that does not mean you can see it for 45 minutes at a time. 
45 minutes was wrong, I admit it. I was thinking about something else back when writing the number...  But that does not change the fact you can easily follow the ISS with the telescope. That seconds refer to what? Cloudy day?

Still, your arguments from earlier post are arguments of ingorance and my (not that important) mistake will not change that.

Quote from: jroa
Perhaps you should study up on RET so you can be more productive in these discussions?
I would like you to be more productive and answer questions from other threads that I askedasked to you and which were simply ignored by you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:54:52 AM by jroa »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 12:43:26 AM »
Quote from: Brouwer
That seconds refer to what? Cloudy day?

The seconds refer to times when the little light rises in, say, the NW, goes about 10 degrees above the horizon, then sets in the NW again a few seconds later.  NASA claims that it does this, and I have personally seen the little light go up and then back down, just as NASA predicted.  I could not make this up if I tried. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:56:18 AM by jroa »