The Big Bang, how did it happened?

• 60 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
The Big Bang, how did it happened?
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
If the Big Bang is true then how did it happened?
What squeezed all the matter into a dot?
How did it exploded?
What was before the Big Bang?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: The Big Bang, how did it happened?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »
There is no such thing as the big bang.

The Universe is stationary.

Walter Nernst tried to point out the humongous errors committed by Hubble, but his research was censored from any textbooks on astrophysics:

http://itis.volta.alessandria.it/episteme/ep3-17.htm

Much more profound questions are as follows:

Where is our universe located?

Where is the only place a universe could have been created?

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
There is no such thing as the big bang.

The Universe is stationary.

Walter Nernst tried to point out the humongous errors committed by Hubble, but his research was censored from any textbooks on astrophysics:

http://itis.volta.alessandria.it/episteme/ep3-17.htm

Much more profound questions are as follows:

Where is our universe located?

Where is the only place a universe could have been created?
Your first statement I actually agree with. But the second one I disagree because the Bible says several times that God stretched out the heavens. Whether or not the heavens are still stretching is up for debate.

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »
We're not sure what caused the infinitely small "particle" of mass before the Big Bang to suddenly expand, but we do know the process of expansion. I'm sure you can look that up.

I'm going to provide this counter-argument though:

If God created the universe, how do we know that he actually created it?
What somehow caused God to create the universe then and there and not sometime else?
How did God create the universe?
What existed before God created the universe?
Where did God come from?
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 05:38:43 AM »
No idea, any further questions?
Do you expect us to be omniscient after about 1900 years? FE'rs certainly weren't.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 05:53:06 AM »
Luke! Good question! As scripture is not off limits, i shall propose some thoughts i have had.
I used to think that , since creation says, "The spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters"
Creation i take it was fluid, liquid, water. I used to hold that the big bang was like water, being thrown at a "Screen" (From another dimension) and separating into small and dispersed particles, which became the creation as we know it.
I now wonder if the "Universe" was in fact water. The creator making a "bubble" for us flesh beings to dwell on.
I am not dogmatic, only imaginative. But perhaps?
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »
Actually, I have some good verses from he bible that can actually imply the Big Bang was set in motion by God. Give me a couple of hours and I'll be back with them.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »
No idea, any further questions?
Do you expect us to be omniscient after about 1900 years? FE'rs certainly weren't.

Are you replying to me or Luke?

Frank Lee

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 07:40:43 AM »
Actually, I have some good verses from he bible that can actually imply the Big Bang was set in motion by God. Give me a couple of hours and I'll be back with them.

Thank you! I look forward to any insight!
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 08:27:27 AM »
Okay, first off, let's start off with these verses, from 2 Peter 3:8:

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This is essentially saying that time doesn't flow in the same way for God as it does for humans. This means that while the creation of the universe, and Earth took billions of years in human time, it could've just been days for god. This, in essence means that you don't need to interpret the "Earth is 6000 years old" or "Earth was created in 6 days" literally.

Next, let's take a look at one of the Bible's most recognizable verses from Genesis:

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

If we go beyond interpreting things literally for a moment, and take a moment to understand the science behind the Big Bang, we'll see that it was an "explosion" of energy. Light, is also energy. Therefore, this could be interpreted as God instigating the Big Bang, and setting in motion, the creation of the stars, galaxies, planets, and Earth.

I hope that this was enlightening. If you want to know anything else, just ask. :)

Frank Lee

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »

I hope that this was enlightening. If you want to know anything else, just ask. :)

Thank you! It was!    :D
I shall never speak amiss of anyone quoting scripture!
I will say, I don't recall anyone on this forum saying the earth is 6,000 years old. I may have missed it, and i do know religious bible thumpers insist on 6000 years old earth. I however do not by a long stretch.

As for creation, I will only quote the scripture a bit more completely. Then do as you will with it.

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 06:45:28 PM »
We're not sure what caused the infinitely small "particle" of mass before the Big Bang to suddenly expand, but we do know the process of expansion. I'm sure you can look that up.

I'm going to provide this counter-argument though:

If God created the universe, how do we know that he actually created it?
What somehow caused God to create the universe then and there and not sometime else?
How did God create the universe?
What existed before God created the universe?
Where did God come from?

At least your honest about the Big Bang. But if you squeezed out all the space between the atoms of the earth, the earth will be the size of a baseball, not smaller than a atom. Also even if you managed to squeeze the earth to the size of a baseball it'll become a black hole which is the opposite of a Big Bang.

To answer your questions:

1. I believe God preserved his word in the Bible particularly the KJV. That's goes into a deeper discussion of why I believe that.

2. I have no idea.

3. Nothing existed except God himself.

4. God is eternal, he never had a beginning otherwise he wouldn't be God because he would be stuck in time like we are.

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Okay, first off, let's start off with these verses, from 2 Peter 3:8:

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This is essentially saying that time doesn't flow in the same way for God as it does for humans. This means that while the creation of the universe, and Earth took billions of years in human time, it could've just been days for god. This, in essence means that you don't need to interpret the "Earth is 6000 years old" or "Earth was created in 6 days" literally.

Next, let's take a look at one of the Bible's most recognizable verses from Genesis:

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

If we go beyond interpreting things literally for a moment, and take a moment to understand the science behind the Big Bang, we'll see that it was an "explosion" of energy. Light, is also energy. Therefore, this could be interpreted as God instigating the Big Bang, and setting in motion, the creation of the stars, galaxies, planets, and Earth.

1. Why must it be old and not young? You can't mix old earth with the Bible because God created the plants on day three and the sun on day four and plants can't survive long without the sun.

2. I think that's a little too much reading into it.

Frank Lee

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 01:58:40 AM »

1. Why must it be old and not young? You can't mix old earth with the Bible because God created the plants on day three and the sun on day four and plants can't survive long without the sun.

Frank Lee

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 02:15:09 AM »

Hi Luke.
No argument here from me, only some considerations for you i offer.
The world "must be" what it is. G-d created it. He knows the truth and reveals it to who so ever HE chooses.
We must seek without ceasing. Someday we will know all things.

Isaiah 28:13
But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

As for the age of earth, there was light on day one. GOD was the light there of. GOD is life, the Sun is of
no significant power when GOD is the light. For your consideration.

Revelation 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Peace be to you!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »
1. I believe God preserved his word in the Bible particularly the KJV. That's goes into a deeper discussion of why I believe that.

I smell Landover Baptist here.   ;)

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »

Hi Luke.
No argument here from me, only some considerations for you i offer.
The world "must be" what it is. G-d created it. He knows the truth and reveals it to who so ever HE chooses.
We must seek without ceasing. Someday we will know all things.

Isaiah 28:13
But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

As for the age of earth, there was light on day one. GOD was the light there of. GOD is life, the Sun is of
no significant power when GOD is the light. For your consideration.

Revelation 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Peace be to you!
I agree with both of those verses. But from personal expieriance in Alaska I can tell you that up there we have the midnight sun during the summer. That means we get 24 hour daylight for two months or so and yet we don't call that period of sun one long day.

Frank Lee

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »

I agree with both of those verses. But from personal expieriance in Alaska I can tell you that up there we have the midnight sun during the summer. That means we get 24 hour daylight for two months or so and yet we don't call that period of sun one long day.

Agreed!
Either did the Genesis acct. (i won't quote them as i know you know them)
The sun and moon were created on day four. For signs and seasons. And days and years.
Day one there was Day and night, but, it could not have been the Sun and the moon.
So it was not a solar day as we know it!  (I would tend to think)
Or, who is to say if GOD was speaking from a point in Alaska? Or the North Pole? (Though, i think it would have been Africa, Saudi Arabia or Israel) (Must consider that HE is omnipresent also).
Also, i seem to see here that GOD has done this before, and will do it again as seen in
Ecclesiastes:

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

I know that GOD is not bound by time, i think HE would have us open our minds to HIS greatness. We just don't know such things, so, i carefully watch out for my dogmas. (Could get run over by a reindeer!)  :o

Just thinking out loud with you! Thank you. This is what the scriptures refer to (in my mind) as "Iron sharpens iron, as friend sharpens a friend"
Your thoughts are important to me. If GOD wants me to find a 24 hour day creation acct, who am i to fight?

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »

Agreed!
Either did the Genesis acct. (i won't quote them as i know you know them)
The sun and moon were created on day four. For signs and seasons. And days and years.
Day one there was Day and night, but, it could not have been the Sun and the moon.
So it was not a solar day as we know it!  (I would tend to think)
Or, who is to say if GOD was speaking from a point in Alaska? Or the North Pole? (Though, i think it would have been Africa, Saudi Arabia or Israel) (Must consider that HE is omnipresent also).
Also, i seem to see here that GOD has done this before, and will do it again as seen in
Ecclesiastes:

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

I know that GOD is not bound by time, i think HE would have us open our minds to HIS greatness. We just don't know such things, so, i carefully watch out for my dogmas. (Could get run over by a reindeer!)  :o

Just thinking out loud with you! Thank you. This is what the scriptures refer to (in my mind) as "Iron sharpens iron, as friend sharpens a friend"
Your thoughts are important to me. If GOD wants me to find a 24 hour day creation acct, who am i to fight?

Agreed. But from a logical stand point, if Alaska consider a earth day as 24 hours no matter how much or little sunlight the earth gets then why would God have a different meaning when refering to the earth?

Frank Lee

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »

Agreed. But from a logical stand point, if Alaska consider a earth day as 24 hours no matter how much or little sunlight the earth gets then why would God have a different meaning when refering to the earth?

Point well taken.

Considerations being,
24 hour day established day 4. (Though i don't see why it would differ in span then the first 3)

Also, while not a proof in and of itself, a humbling thought comes to mind from the prophet.
Isaiah:
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Thank you for the conversation. I shall ponder long on this, with your ideas as a framework.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

So nothing expanded into everything we see today?

Not nothing. More of an infinitely-small "proto-atom" containing all the "stuff" that makes up the universe. That's the leading theory, at least.

You could also say the same thing for the alternative, biblical creation

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »

Not nothing. More of an infinitely-small "proto-atom" containing all the "stuff" that makes up the universe. That's the leading theory, at least.

You can only squeeze the earth into the size of a baseball, much less smaller than an atom. And the difference between me and you is I believe a supernatural creator made the universe out of nothing. You believe you can squeeze the earth into something smaller than an atom when it can only squeeze into the size of a baseball.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »

You can only squeeze the earth into the size of a baseball, much less smaller than an atom. And the difference between me and you is I believe a supernatural creator made the universe out of nothing. You believe you can squeeze the earth into something smaller than an atom when it can only squeeze into the size of a baseball.

I don't mean to be rude, but please look into the science of the Big Bang before saying stuff like that.

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
From what I gathered the infinite region (dot) was a dot of time, space, and appearantly gas that turned into matter. If that be true then how did the gas turn into matter? It takes a lot of pressure to do that, where did the pressure came from?

Conker

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
From what I gathered the infinite region (dot) was a dot of time, space, and appearantly gas that turned into matter. If that be true then how did the gas turn into matter? It takes a lot of pressure to do that, where did the pressure came from?
Gas IS matter. Also, since the dot was insanelly hot (hotter than any possible temperature in the universe by orders of magnitude), and was so compact, you can see where the pressure comes from. In any case, pressure has little to do with this, because if you had watched the video, you would have seen it was a singularity, aka a punctual concentration of energy that expanded. Since space, time and energy are actually properties of one another, they were "born" simultaneusly. Therefore, we dont know and we may never know how this singularity ended up there. But we know what came after.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »
Gas IS matter. Also, since the dot was insanelly hot (hotter than any possible temperature in the universe by orders of magnitude), and was so compact, you can see where the pressure comes from. In any case, pressure has little to do with this, because if you had watched the video, you would have seen it was a singularity, aka a punctual concentration of energy that expanded. Since space, time and energy are actually properties of one another, they were "born" simultaneusly. Therefore, we dont know and we may never know how this singularity ended up there. But we know what came after.

Sorry, I meant energy. Maybe there a designer that created time, space, and matter. Because what came before the "big bang" and how it all got into that space is just one problem, if everything condensed into a dot then wouldn't it form a black hole? Also why is the universe not evenly distributed, instead it's lumpy.

Conker

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 06:54:47 AM »

Sorry, I meant energy. Maybe there a designer that created time, space, and matter.
Maybe but you can't prove that.

Because what came before the "big bang" and how it all got into that space is just one problem, if everything condensed into a dot then wouldn't it form a black hole?
A black hole is a region of space with enough mass density as to prevent even light from leaving it. As I said, it wasnt matter what was condensed. The video explains it pretty well.

Also why is the universe not evenly distributed, instead it's lumpy.
That was actually one of the predictions of the "big bang". Simply put, when you have gravitational systems separating from each other, they spontaneusly form galaxial configurations, which are energy efficient. Simulations seem to confirm this, and, well, since then we know that's what happened thanks to CMB and other sources of information.

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »
Here's an article pointing out the problems of the Big Bang. I'll see if I can find more.

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/bbproblems.html