Geocentric? more like Egocentric!

• 65 Replies

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
Geocentric? more like Egocentric!
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
Let's analyse the implications of what an geocentric SS means.
It's not difficult to find the distance to any planet using a method called parralax.
So we measure the distance to Neptune, could be any other planet but it's my favorite. Now we know the distance we can use geometry to figure out its speed. Since it is suppose to orbit earth once per 24hours, lets make an equation, making no assumptions at all.

If an object moves in a circular path, we can understand that the distance it travels, divided by the time it takes equals the speed(change in position)/(change in time). Since we know the radius of the sircoolar path, which is the distance from centre to path. We can determine the orbital distance, which is the circumference=2pi*r

so, we get Speed=(2Pi*r)/(time)

I have personally measured Neptune to be approximately 4.7 billion km away from earth, I work as an astronomer, you see.

now the input: Speed=(2*pi*4.7 10^12m)/(24h*60m/h*60s/m) and we get?

Speed=341 793 645 m/s

Clearly this is impossible. Unless neptunians have Alcubierre drive, which I find highly implausible.

To make a model, based on science, which contradicts the most fundamental laws of physics? Let me ask you, is truly egocentric by definition to believe everything revolves around me!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:48:29 PM by sircool »
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

Re: Geocentric? more like Egocentric!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
good point, the math checks... But whats SS?
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

sircool

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
Thank you. SS stands for Solar System :)

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
FE believers would understand this, but - Hey, they DO understand this. They just pretend they don't... and just abstain from arguing since they know they're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
I think most fe are not stupid, maybe some are just unlucky with school or religion. But I know the majority of fe are trolls, which is very sad because they exploit weak people to believe these wild conspiracies.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »
As I said, astronomy falsifies, destroys and annihilates Earth models. It is highly mathematical and observational dealing with REAL angles (that lead to distances that lead to sizes). You can not fake it.

FEers hate astronomers (amateur or professional) because we deal with REAL things (e.g. telescopes, cameras with telephoto/zoom lens) that anyone can get or borrow. These debunk FE models easily. All any FEer has is hand-waving at best.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »
I am not sure how you looking through your little telescope proves or disproves the shape of what your are standing on.  Perhaps you should reduce the amount of time you spend looking through scopes and you might get a girlfriend for a change?  Just a suggestion. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
Strange, I thought we were supposed to make observations instead of doing experiments. Now we are being told to not look out our window.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
I am not sure how you looking through your little telescope proves or disproves the shape of what your are standing on.  Perhaps you should reduce the amount of time you spend looking through scopes and you might get a girlfriend for a change?  Just a suggestion.
I know you don't understand astronomy (hence the FE models). As I pointed out in a couple threads, equatorially mounted telescopes are aligned to the N. or S. Celestial Pole (both at the same time actually). This angle is defined as the latitude of the observer - to minutes and seconds of arc - VERY precise. There are THOUSANDS of telescopes (mobile and permanent) that do this. This can be verified by astronomers, links telling how to do it, telescope companies, telescope magazines, etc. This is the "Eratosthenes Experiment" in reverse all over the Earth.

If the Earth was FLAT, aligning telescopes to latitudes would not work. THOUSANDS of telescopes around the world prove we are on a sphere.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
I know you don't understand astronomy (hence the FE models). As I pointed out in a couple threads, equatorially mounted telescopes are aligned to the N. or S. Celestial Pole (both at the same time actually). This angle is defined as the latitude of the observer - to minutes and seconds of arc - VERY precise. There are THOUSANDS of telescopes (mobile and permanent) that do this. This can be verified by astronomers, links telling how to do it, telescope companies, telescope magazines, etc. This is the "Eratosthenes Experiment" in reverse all over the Earth.

If the Earth was FLAT, aligning telescopes to latitudes would not work. THOUSANDS of telescopes around the world prove we are on a sphere.

Yeah, I definitely think you should be concentrating on getting and keeping a girlfriend.  Quit playing D&D too.  I bet you are a larper as well.  Get your priorities straight. 

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
I think most fe are not stupid, maybe some are just unlucky with school or religion. But I know the majority of fe are trolls, which is very sad because they exploit weak people to believe these wild conspiracies.

Yeah, I agree! What if it goes against every scientific knowledge? That sounds entirely not stupid, right?

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »

Yeah, I definitely think you should be concentrating on getting and keeping a girlfriend.  Quit playing D&D too.  I bet you are a larper as well.  Get your priorities straight.

It's ok, Jadyyn, he always derails when he's wrong. It's a FE believer "thing". I guess you already know this.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 03:45:48 PM »

And they also say Earth is flat because it looks flat lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »

Stop derailing the thread you fuckwit.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »

You seem a little touchy about the girlfriend subject. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »

You seem a little touchy about the girlfriend subject.

You seem like you're trying to derail the thread again.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »
When was the last post that was on topic?  Why do you blame me fore everything? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »

Because you almost always derail a thread that disproves something you believe in.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »

Because you almost always derail a thread that disproves something you believe in.

Personally, I feel that you are simply a shitty poster.  That is just my opinion, though. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »

Personally, I feel that you are simply a shitty poster.  That is just my opinion, though.

Right back at ya'

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »
It's not difficult to find the distance to any planet using a method called parralax.
So we measure the distance to Neptune, could be any other planet but it's my favorite. Now we know the distance we can use geometry to figure out its speed. Since it is suppose to orbit earth once per 24hours, lets make an equation, making no assumptions at all.

If an object moves in a circular path, we can understand that the distance it travels, divided by the time it takes equals the speed(change in position)/(change in time). Since we know the radius of the sircoolar path, which is the distance from centre to path. We can determine the orbital distance, which is the circumference=2pi*r

I have personally measured Neptune to be approximately 4.7 billion km away from earth, I work as an astronomer, you see.

Speed=341 793 645 m/s

Clearly this is impossible. Unless neptunians have Alcubierre drive, which I find highly implausible.

To make a model, based on science, which contradicts the most fundamental laws of physics? Let me ask you, is truly egocentric by definition to believe everything revolves around me!
stellar parallax, Your math is erroneously based on your assumption of the distance of the sun from the Earth, as that distance is the base 93,000,000 miles. Re-do the same thing using the sun distance of 3000 miles and post your results. Thanks
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »

Speed=341 793 645 m/s

stellar parallax, Your math is erroneously based on your assumption of the distance of the sun from the Earth, as that distance is the base 93,000,000 miles. Re-do the same thing using the sun distance of 3000 miles and post your results. Thanks

That's simply not true. The "3k mile-distant Sun that circles around the north pole" stated by FE has already been refuted. Multiple times.

sircool

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »

Well, since it's my job I wont take that advice. And thank you for your suggestion, but I already have one :)

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 12:06:34 AM »
Jroa you are like cancer. Whenever there is a interesting thread, that challenges the fundations on which this fora is built on, you're there to talk down on people. Every good thing in this world gets dragged down by ignorance. Just like a working cell gets eaten by a cancerous cell. I'm glad our friend and astronomer just doesen't care about your trolling.^^ every time I'm in here It gets so clear to my why america is just an island, you guys believe in mormons, creationists, flat earth, pseudoscience, and pretty much every other fairytale there is, some fucktard of you believe it's true. You don't believe in space travel, global warming, vaccination, but still think  are a superpower? Not for long, Haha russia laughs at you faggots. Europe too because you who once where so great, are now just some phatass racists religious Conspiracy believeing scum. Thank you.

sircool

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 02:28:42 AM »
Ronxyz why 3000miles? What is the geometry behind your statement?  Also no stellar parralaxes were needed in this analysis.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:27 AM »
You did not refute anything.  You simply said that you need more points.  That is not a refutation, just an observation, and a flawed one at that.   

Also, you can link directly to a post directly to a post by right clicking on the post's header and selecting "Copy link address", or how ever you browser words it, like this.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64777.msg1729335#msg1729335

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64777.msg1731337#msg1731337

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »
You did not refute anything.  You simply said that you need more points.  That is not a refutation, just an observation, and a flawed one at that.   

Also, you can link directly to a post directly to a post by right clicking on the post's header and selecting "Copy link address", or how ever you browser words it, like this.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64777.msg1729335#msg1729335

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64777.msg1731337#msg1731337

I fail to see how this is relevant to topic.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »

Actually it does. As I stated, the 3000 mi height is cherry-picked from the 45° angle. At ~0.5°, the height is 54 mi up. This does not support a FE model. Just these 2 locations disprove FE. My point was, with more locations on Earth, we could determine the shape of the Earth then determine the height of the Sun. Sorry you did not understand that.

The OP assumes "Neptune to be approximately 4.7 billion km away from earth". Regardless of what you have PERSONALLY done (I have PERSONALLY aligned telescopes), FEers assume the sky is like 4800 km away (based on the sun), therefore Neptune is just beyond that.

Actually, I do not believe FEers CAN answer your question. (1) Neptune was discovered by gravitational deviations in Uranus' orbit. (2) Since "gravity" does not exist in the FE world, I don't know how Universal Acceleration, Denpressure, whatever, can find Neptune. The FE people do not even believe Neptune and Pluto exist! Why would they rely on RET for proof of its existence. Let them find it in the sky themselves using what they believe.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:08:04 AM by Jadyyn »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »
You people should really learn the definitions of the words you use.  Such as 'refute' and 'disprove'.  I don't think they mean what you think they mean, or you are deliberately using the words in the wrong context.  Do you think it makes you seem smarter when you use words incorrectly?