Something to ponder

• 10 Replies
Something to ponder
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:32:47 PM »
I visit here couple of times a year for good laughs and out of curiosity about people who take FET seriously. Maybe I am pointing obvious, but do you FET diehards understand that the ultimate insult to someone is to say that they are equivalent to flat earth society believers. One thing that does bug me is why using "scientific" explanations that sound (and are) downright silly and comical, when you can simply rely on your faith. It would at least be intellectually honest.

In a mean time, ponder these:

- Direct flight from Johannesburg, SA to Perth, AU takes 9 h and 20 min. According to FET, the distance between these two points would be approximately 8,000 mi. In order for airplane to make that flight in 9 h and 20 min (taking into account lift off and landing), it would have to fly close to 1,000 mph, which would be well into the hypersonic flight, of which no commercial airliner is capable currently. On the other hand, using parameters of round earth, the distance is approximately 5,200 miles, which fits exactly with the normal cruising speed of commercial aircraft (again taking into account lift off and landing).

- If there is grand conspiracy to present flat world as round and fake space flight and moon and mars landings, how come in over 55 years since first space flight, there would be exactly zero participants in this grand conspiracy that came out and say something about it. To remind everyone, there had been tens of thousands of participants in the space program.

- Last, but not the least, can you come up with reasonable explanation what would be the benefit of lying about round earth? What would be plausible reason?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Something to ponder
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
The moon landings supposedly happened almost 50 years ago, but have not happened since then.  Why was it so easy to go to the moon back in the 60s, but today, they are having a lot of trouble just getting a half dozen people into low Earth orbit?  Could it be because they lied back then?

?

frenat

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
The moon landings supposedly happened almost 50 years ago, but have not happened since then.  Why was it so easy to go to the moon back in the 60s, but today, they are having a lot of trouble just getting a half dozen people into low Earth orbit?  Could it be because they lied back then?

Who said it was easy back then? 

The main change has been a lack of political will and funding.  If nobody wants to pay for it then nobody is going.  As for getting to orbit now, it is because we were saddled with Nixon's shuttle for 30 years and didn't plan to have a replacement ready.  Again back to funding.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:47:25 PM by frenat »

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 04:51:18 PM »

I notice that you did not address any of the points that I made, but rather responded by a speculation why we did not land on moon in a long time. I would say that economics very likely played role. At the time it was an important achievement, but when they accomplished it, returns there are giverned by economic reasons, like what would we do there that wasn't accomplished first time.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:53:21 PM »

The main change has been a lack of political will and funding.  If nobody wants to pay for it then nobody is going.  As for getting to orbit now, it is because we were saddled with Nixon's shuttle for 30 years and didn't plan to have a replacement ready.  Again back to funding.

But, we taxpayers do pay for it.  Billions of dollars and decades later, we still have nothing to show for our hard earned money that the space liars stole from us.  How long are we supposed to wait for a return on our investment? 

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
In the 1960s, 5% of the USA's money was going to NASA. Now it's 0.4%.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:00:12 PM »

Have you considered that the reason for the budget cuts is because people are tired of our money going to nothing? 

?

frenat

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »

But, we taxpayers do pay for it.  Billions of dollars and decades later, we still have nothing to show for our hard earned money that the space liars stole from us.  How long are we supposed to wait for a return on our investment?
Misero already covered the massive budget difference.  And your argument really says nothing.  Congress decides not only how much money they get but also what it is spent on.  They don't get a big chunk of money and get to spend it on what ever they want.  Each piece is assigned to a different project and can't be reassigned on a whim.  and if you think you have nothing to show for it then you haven't really studied it.
Here's just a few
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html
http://www.nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/benefits.html
https://www.sac.edu/AcademicProgs/ScienceMathHealth/Planetarium/Pages/Benefits-of-the-NASA-Space-Program.aspx

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »

Have you considered that the reason for the budget cuts is because people are tired of our money going to nothing?
I thought we were all indoctrinated? And anyway, we don't decide that, as the people.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »
I visit here couple of times a year for good laughs and out of curiosity about people who take FET seriously.

Is English your second language too, noob?

Let me guess; your first language is French, right?

Or Gibberish, perhaps?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
I visit here couple of times a year for good laughs and out of curiosity about people who take FET seriously.

Is English your second language too, noob?

Let me guess; your first language is French, right?

Or Gibberish, perhaps?

Well yours is clearly bollocks....
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.