Jessica Watson

• 46 Replies
?

Jadyyn

Re: Jessica Watson
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »
Yep, my trying to get this thread back on topic and OP is derailing (being a moderator)... got it.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »
This thread was asking how FE explained traveling around Antarctica.

yobbo and rabinoz were questioning DEF (FE model). Then jroa starts questioning RET having nothing to do with anything.

When asked to stop, no one does (even the moderator).

So, yobbo, if you want your OP answered, I suggest you quit with this thread and restart a new one (Jessica Watson - 2nd attempt).

Perhaps you will stay out of the second attempt so it will not get derailed?  Just a suggestion. 

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »
Please don't tell me your DE model has a flat northern hemisphere, on top of a flat southern hemisphere. That has more holes in it than the standard idea of flat Earth. Least of which is what happens when you travel from one half to the other at the Equator.
From what I have seen the DE model needs holes for the infinitely thin sun and mood to shine and reflect on the dome.  Maybe that was not the sort of hole you meant.

In my experience, RET is the most ridiculous: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and all sorts of magic hand waving.

I'll have whatever you're smoking.  Who in his right mind refers whatsoever to dark matter or dark energy when proving RET?  That's like taking a space shuttle to drive to Wal-Mart -- it's way too complicated and completely unnecessary.

So, are you claiming that your RE scientists do not refer to Dark Matter and Dark Energy in order to explain the unexplainable?  Really?  Have you even studied your RET?

Nice fishing pole for such a large red herring to feed your straw man.  Is that what I claimed?  No.  What I did claim, in other words, is that it would be so completely unnecessary and tangential to mention anything remotely close to dark matter or dark energy in order to conclude upon the shape of the Earth. 

No, "RE scientists" would never refer to dark energy or dark matter to explain the shape of the earth, which is explainable.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »
OK yeah it would be nice if the thread could get back on track.

My question was how does standard Flat Earth Theory explain her shorter trip around the south pole.

Lets leave Double Earth out of it.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:34 AM »

DET is an FE model. You can't simple ask "How does FET answer this? Let's leave the model with an answer out of it." That's blatant dishonesty, plain and simple.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 04:55:22 AM »

DET is an FE model. You can't simple ask "How does FET answer this? Let's leave the model with an answer out of it." That's blatant dishonesty, plain and simple.
This is not dishonesty. What IS dishonest is switching models to answer questions. DEF to the rescue. But... watch this... you will not get any actual measurements from DEF - just the statement spoken with authority, that it has the answer, then tantrums - derailments thrown into a serious question so that FE doesn't answer the OP.

Furthermore, the OP says "How is it possible on a flat Earth map, that sailing around the South Pole gives a shorter distance than the Equator?"

As DEF does not provide a map and the traditional one does, please answer the question.

If DEF wants to provide distances (a measurement - OMG!), feel free to do so - a first.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 10:52:07 AM »
Please don't tell me your DE model has a flat northern hemisphere, on top of a flat southern hemisphere. That has more holes in it than the standard idea of flat Earth. Least of which is what happens when you travel from one half to the other at the Equator.
From what I have seen the DE model needs holes for the infinitely thin sun and mood to shine and reflect on the dome.  Maybe that was not the sort of hole you meant.
In my experience, RET is the most ridiculous: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and all sorts of magic hand waving.
And this relates to the OP how?
He has nothing on the OP. No fe'er or pretend fe'er does.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
This thread was asking how FE explained traveling around Antarctica.

yobbo and rabinoz were questioning DEF (FE model). Then jroa starts questioning RET having nothing to do with anything.

When asked to stop, no one does (even the moderator).

So, yobbo, if you want your OP answered, I suggest you quit with this thread and restart a new one (Jessica Watson - 2nd attempt).
Tell me have you ever sailed ? , have you  ever been out past the continental shelf on a long line fishing vessel.? If you have then you would know the whole jessica watson story . Is totally unbelievable & totally unachievable in that vessel . The whole nonsence  a product of Government & bank orchestrated propaganda , at a time when Kevin rudd had visions of making him self king of a new republic of Australia. Thankfully his agenda failed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:39:08 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't:

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
This is what happens when conditions change & they can change at the drop of a hat . This is a race down the coast. By experienced crews. Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, 1998: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">
Now enough of the jessica watson shit talk . Its an insult to peoples intelligence.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »
This is what happens when conditions change & they can change at the drop of a hat . This is a race down the coast. By experienced crews. Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, 1998: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">
Now enough of the jessica watson shit talk . Its an insult to peoples intelligence.
Ok, so it's agreed. The earth is round.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
You know I'm all for things being settled peacefully & all that. But seriously there are times I think some of you people would benefit from a good hard pharken punch in the face.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
You know I'm all for things being settled peacefully & all that. But seriously there are times I think some of you people would benefit from a good hard pharken punch in the face.
So, have you been to sea?
If so, did you notice light houses looming and then blinking as the light rises above the horizon?
Can you explain how that could happen if the surface of the sea is a flat plane?
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2015, 09:54:09 PM »
Tell me have you ever sailed ? , have you  ever been out past the continental shelf on a long line fishing vessel.? If you have then you would know the whole jessica watson story . Is totally unbelievable & totally unachievable in that vessel . The whole nonsence  a product of Government & bank orchestrated propaganda , at a time when Kevin rudd had visions of making him self king of a new republic of Australia. Thankfully his agenda failed.

Please don't tell me that's the best response I am going to get. That it was fake. And she didn't actually make the voyage. There was way to much publicity around it for it to be fake.

The vessel she sailed in was the same type that someone else used on a round the world trip.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:56:19 PM by yobbo »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »

Please don't tell me that's the best response I am going to get. That it was fake. And she didn't actually make the voyage. There was way to much publicity around it for it to be fake.

The vessel she sailed in was the same type that someone else used on a round the world trip.

Well frankly I could not care less what any Bloomin' Charley thinks.  Hundreds of sailors have sailed in similar water.  Jessica Watson's route was not as close to Antarctica as many other solo yachtees have gone.
Yes, yachting is sometimes tough and dangerous, but people still do it.  Just because of freak condition that year does not mean it is always like that.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/03/1064988396833.html?from=storyrhs
I fail to see the relevance to Jessica Watson.  She did not sail close to Heard Island.  The Vendee Globe Solo Yacht race does.
And while we are at it Jessica Watson's route did not qualify as an official circumnavigation because "expected rhumb line distance travelled by Watson was 19,631.6 nmi" and to qualify it needs to be at least 21,600 nmi.
Just try to fit that on any accepted FET map.  Funny (ha ha) how many out there really think the earth is a globe.  All Charlie's swearin' and cussin' won't chanke the shape one little bit.
And please don't insult our intelligence by suggesting that these sailors don't check their course and location using celestial navigation.
All you FE'ers can do is simply deny any evidence that conflicts with your notions!

from http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/interactive/2010/05/world/map.sail.world/media/stacks.jpg

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2015, 01:05:28 AM »

If you want to be a phucken galah & believe that total crap good for you.  Can you find me the name of an independent witness to verify it. Maybe we should give her a polygraph test along with the reporters.
To much publicity around it for it to be fake. Bombs of mass destruction. Hellow!!!!!! REMEBER THAT LIE Wake up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:19:56 AM by charles bloomington »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2015, 02:31:43 AM »
If you want to be a phucken galah & believe that total crap good for you.  Can you find me the name of an independent witness to verify it. Maybe we should give her a polygraph test along with the reporters.
To much publicity around it for it to be fake. Bombs of mass destruction. Hellow!!!!!! REMEBER THAT LIE Wake up.
You really are a sick delusional character.  Do you think the whole world is out to deceive you?  Get back in touch with reality.  I suppose it takes all types to make a world!  But does not seem a healthy place to be!
BTW  I don't care in the slightest what you believe!