Mouse spotted in 'Mars' footage

• 18 Replies

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
Mouse spotted in 'Mars' footage
« on: November 25, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
Pretty clear evidence that sloppy NASA techs have been faking images. Just more proof that the 'Mars' rover images are actually taken somewhere in Arizona.

http://www.iflscience.com/space/there-really-giant-mouse-mars-0

Re: Mouse spotted in 'Mars' footage
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »
Arizona must be known for giant mice then?

Joe White, who owns ArtAlienTV, says that the creature is “plain as day” and could be about “two or three feet [60 to 90 centimeters] long.”

The whole picture:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:45:00 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:49:53 PM »
From another angle:

Surprise, surprise, it doesn't look anything like a mouse anymore.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »
This is likely whoever is making these images is just having some fun with it. The recent Halloween space rock that looked like a skull. The new Pluto image that has the image of Pluto the dog on it and now a Mars image with a mouse on it. Maybe even the nasa folks are getting tired of the ball Earth theory deception. Remember these are serious scientists and engineers who are not being allowed to do real science. It has to wear them down over time. The biggest errors are with the ISS videos. It looks like they are in rebellion mode doing ridicules things.

If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

?

frenat

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 04:45:00 AM »
You see what you want to see.

Examples:

1. Face on Mars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cydonia_(region_of_Mars)

2. Pluto dog on Pluto planet: https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/g_mhHBbToPq6r0m8RNa2BFbcDE0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3872418/pluto_compare_vox__1_.0.jpg
I can see a heart, a shoe, Kardashian's but, or a peanut.

3. A mouse - see above.
It is a well known phenomena called Pareidolia.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »

Notice that what creates the illusion of a tail is not seeing through a gap but a lighter colored rock in front.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 10:45:26 AM »
As well as the mouse; can anyone tell me how this pathetic looking curiousity rover manages to navigate the strewn so called mars rocks?
What does the vehicle do? Hover?

Does it suddenly change it's wheels for big chunky terrain wheels?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »
As well as the mouse; can anyone tell me how this pathetic looking curiousity rover manages to navigate the strewn so called mars rocks?
What does the vehicle do? Hover?
No, it steers around them.  Remote control vehicles have been around since the 1920s and self driving vehicles have been in the works since the 1960s.  Why does it surprise you that NASA chose to use that sort of technology for its rovers?

Does it suddenly change it's wheels for big chunky terrain wheels?
Actually, it started out with all terrain tires.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:04:03 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »

No, it steers around them.  Remote control vehicles have been around since the 1920s and self driving vehicles have been in the works since the 1960s.  Why does it surprise you that NASA chose to use that sort of technology for its rovers?
I'm not bothered about it self steering. Take a look at the terrain; the rocks and the positions of those rocks. Even someone stood there operating one of those things, couldn't steer it around those rocks.

Are you trying to make out that it simply moves along; senses a rock and takes evasive action all the time with each rock, because it would be lucky to move anywhere. It's not like it has rubber monster tyres to bump over the rocks.

Oh so it landed with its all terrain tyres then pulled int at a martian station did it?
And what did the martians do?...did they do a quick tyre change like formula one or did they decide that a set of aluminium ones would do the trick.

I'm fully expecting that mouse to walk into a sheriff's office, hands up and shouting, " it's a fair cop; I'm the one in the fake mars pic. I was promised some bacon rind and a decent cube of cheese to hide away but I decided to blow the whistle."

I expect that poor mouse is still in jail or fed to some snake or pinned to a post in the desert to warn other mice to stay away from filming.  ;D

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »
I'm not bothered about it self steering. Take a look at the terrain; the rocks and the positions of those rocks. Even someone stood there operating one of those things, couldn't steer it around those rocks.

Are you trying to make out that it simply moves along; senses a rock and takes evasive action all the time with each rock, because it would be lucky to move anywhere. It's not like it has rubber monster tyres to bump over the rocks.
How big do you think that those rocks are?  How big do you think that the Opportunity rover is?  Opportunity is about the size of an SUV.  Why shouldn't it be able to handle similar, or even worse, terrain than an SUV?

Oh so it landed with its all terrain tyres then pulled int at a martian station did it?
And what did the martians do?...did they do a quick tyre change like formula one or did they decide that a set of aluminium ones would do the trick.

I'm fully expecting that mouse to walk into a sheriff's office, hands up and shouting, " it's a fair cop; I'm the one in the fake mars pic. I was promised some bacon rind and a decent cube of cheese to hide away but I decided to blow the whistle."

I expect that poor mouse is still in jail or fed to some snake or pinned to a post in the desert to warn other mice to stay away from filming.  ;D
This is about the time that further productive discussion becomes unlikely.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »

How big do you think that those rocks are?  How big do you think that the Opportunity rover is?  Opportunity is about the size of an SUV.  Why shouldn't it be able to handle similar, or even worse, terrain than an SUV?

This is about the time that further productive discussion becomes unlikely.
Why are you talking about Opportunity rover? It was Curiosity who took this picture.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 01:26:07 AM »

The Atacama desert has large rodents, and also what has been described as a martian landscape.

http://www.almaobservatory.org/en/about-alma/location/atacama

Due to its otherworldly appearance, the Atacama has been used as a location for filming Mars scenes.  In 2003, a team of researchers published a report in Science magazine titled "Mars-like Soils in the Atacama Desert, Chile, and the Dry Limit of Microbial Life" in which they duplicated the tests used by the Viking 1 and Viking 2 Mars landers to detect life, and were unable to detect any signs in Atacama Desert soil. The region may be unique on Earth in this regard.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »
Arizona must be known for giant mice then?

Joe White, who owns ArtAlienTV, says that the creature is “plain as day” and could be about “two or three feet [60 to 90 centimeters] long.”

The whole picture:

Wow, I've just seen the picture. Just look at that. At those sandy patches. This is how the sand looks after a strong rain... Mars, eh?
"It is not necessary that hypotheses should be true, or even probable; it is sufficient that they lead to results of calculation which agree with calculation".
Copernicus

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »

The Atacama desert has large rodents, and also what has been described as a martian landscape.

http://www.almaobservatory.org/en/about-alma/location/atacama

Due to its otherworldly appearance, the Atacama has been used as a location for filming Mars scenes.  In 2003, a team of researchers published a report in Science magazine titled "Mars-like Soils in the Atacama Desert, Chile, and the Dry Limit of Microbial Life" in which they duplicated the tests used by the Viking 1 and Viking 2 Mars landers to detect life, and were unable to detect any signs in Atacama Desert soil. The region may be unique on Earth in this regard.
A 2-3 foot long mouse is not the type of large rodent you'd find anywhere on earth. Did you omit me quoting that for convenience's sake hoping your post would appear sound?

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »

Notice that what creates the illusion of a tail is not seeing through a gap but a lighter colored rock in front.

Btw, i want at least one flat earther to acknowledge this post. It's a rock not a gap that creates the look of a tail.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 02:19:13 AM »
A 2-3 foot long mouse is not the type of large rodent you'd find anywhere on earth. Did you omit me quoting that for convenience's sake hoping your post would appear sound?

Maybe it was one of these.

http://www.incrediblethings.com/pets/family-keeps-110-pound-rodent-as-a-pet/