Who Gains?

• 62 Replies
Who Gains?
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »
Plenty of conspiracy theories exist to explain away evidence from space agencies: photos, GPS, etc.
These conspiracy theories are abundant, suggesting that governments, companies and space agencies conspire to prevent us from learning the "truth": that the Earth is flat.
But no one has explained why "they" would do this, or how "they" would gain. So I pose to you: who gains from a round earth? Why would they hid a flat earth from us?
Conspiracy theories like "Bush did 9/11" have legitimate, if outlandish, proposals behind them. Bush could have caused 9/11 because he wished to smash Hussein, or to get better control of Middle East oil reserves, however unlikely these are. But I have yet to see a legitimate explanation for WHY people would hide a flat earth. So fill in the blanks:

_________ would gain from a Round Earth because _____________

Can't be that hard, can it?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: Who Gains?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »
who gains from a round earth? Why would they hid a flat earth from us?
They don't, explicitly. The sole conspiracy is a space travel conspiracy; they believe the world is round, so that's the model they present. All they're doing is hiding the fact they can't reach space, for financial gain and saving face (since the cold war, when it was faked for political gain: now no one wants to be the first to admit failure).
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:20:26 PM »
who gains from a round earth? Why would they hid a flat earth from us?
They don't, explicitly. The sole conspiracy is a space travel conspiracy; they believe the world is round, so that's the model they present. All they're doing is hiding the fact they can't reach space, for financial gain and saving face (since the cold war, when it was faked for political gain: now no one wants to be the first to admit failure).

And so they work with their enemies on faking space travel, and fake a ton of shit costing in the trillions of trillions of dollars instead. Nice. Makes plenty of sense.

President A: "Get your aircraft out of my airspace or I'll shoot it down! by the way, are you coming to the Antarctic Treaty? My wife baked wicked cookies.."

President B: "You will not like the outcome if you do! And yes I will, I am keen to try those cookies out, are we going to discuss the budget we have left on faking the ISS Live streams? Perhaps we should just say the ISS cameras are down for good"

There is no gain - the only people would gain any money are globe map companies :S NASA and all the governments spend the trillions so that your local news agency can sell you a globe of the earth.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »
There is no gain - the only people would gain any money are globe map companies :S NASA and all the governments spend the trillions so that your local news agency can sell you a globe of the earth.
NASA get more than they lose. Do you really assume it costs the same to get to the moon as it does to build a generic rocket?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:48:59 AM »
NASA get more than they lose. Do you really assume it costs the same to get to the moon as it does to build a generic rocket?
Why not increase the american military budget by 1% and take that money instead? No expensive faking required and no one will notice if 1% of the military budget is gone. They'll earn more money this way and greatly reduce the danger of being busted.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 03:40:13 AM »
Why not increase the american military budget by 1% and take that money instead? No expensive faking required and no one will notice if 1% of the military budget is gone. They'll earn more money this way and greatly reduce the danger of being busted.

You should be the conspiracy's financial adviser.  ::)

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 04:50:44 AM »

_________ would gain from a Round Earth because _____________

Can't be that hard, can it?

Science  _________ would gain from a Round Earth because _____________ they control all the keys, and get all the funding. It can be god.

Can't be that hard, can it?   Not hard. Impossible.  Each layer of truth a maze which can not be navigated without outside help.
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 05:15:33 AM »

You should be the conspiracy's financial adviser.  ::)

Maybe I should. I wonder why I have not received a promotion yet.  ::)

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »
...How?!

?

BJ1234

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »

BJ1234 would gain from a Round Earth because it pays 25 cents a post.

Honestly, that is over twice as much as the 10 cents a post that the flat earthers pay.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »
...How?!
How not? Is there something that makes it impossible to increase the military budget by 1%?

When in doubt; sources!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »
...How?!
How not? Is there something that makes it impossible to increase the military budget by 1%?
Well, yeah, if you're not the government agency in charge of budget. What the hell are you talking about?!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 01:21:22 AM »
Well, yeah, if you're not the government agency in charge of budget. What the hell are you talking about?!
Isn't it the government itself which were faking everything, and funded NASA as a medium for the faking? How else would NASA get funding anyways, if it's all faked by NASA only without cooperation by the government?

When in doubt; sources!

Frank Lee

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 01:41:06 AM »
Lets just say J.F.K. decided we needed to win the cold war by proving we could do anything better than the Russians, and that space travel, was in fact, not possible.
So a grand deception is decided to prove we landed men on the moon first.
How could we ever, in our lifetime, come clean and say, Oh sorry, we did that to beat the Russians down?
Just a thought. This is not really my dogma. (Mine is deeper than that)
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 01:47:48 AM »
Lets just say J.F.K. decided we needed to win the cold war by proving we could do anything better than the Russians, and that space travel, was in fact, not possible.
How could we ever, in our lifetime, come clean and say, Oh sorry, we did that to beat the Russians down?
Except for the fact that the russians both were monitoring the moon, so they knew the americans landed there, and they could just say that space travel was never possible from the beginning. It would hurt america more than russia at that stage.

When in doubt; sources!

Frank Lee

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 01:57:37 AM »
Except for the fact that the russians both were monitoring the moon, so they knew the americans landed there, and they could just say that space travel was never possible from the beginning. It would hurt america more than russia at that stage.

Perhaps, but if say, the bankers conspired to topple the czar, and put in the powers that be, would they not be controlling both sides?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 03:22:30 AM »
Isn't it the government itself which were faking everything, and funded NASA as a medium for the faking? How else would NASA get funding anyways, if it's all faked by NASA only without cooperation by the government?
That doesn't even make sense.

?

frenat

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 05:54:59 AM »
and the fact that JFK only announced the plan to go to the Moon AFTER NASA convinced him it was possible.  It wasn't his idea.

Frank Lee

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 06:10:31 AM »
and the fact that JFK only announced the plan to go to the Moon AFTER NASA convinced him it was possible.  It wasn't his idea.

Oh yes.
NASA CONVINCED him? hummmm? This could well be.
And with the best credit rating in the world. The ability to take the biggest loans, and support the largest budget for this exotic adventure. Wonder if they would profit.

?

frenat

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 06:18:31 AM »

Oh yes.
And with the best credit rating in the world. The ability to take the biggest loans, and support the largest budget for this exotic adventure. Wonder if they would profit.
doubtful since the majority of the money went to paying subcontractors for making the equipment needed.  NASA doesn't make hardware itself.

Frank Lee

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »

Oh yes.
doubtful since the majority of the money went to paying subcontractors for making the equipment needed.  NASA doesn't make hardware itself.
As this is a thought experiment I will buy that. I would ask if there were any $800 hammers or $2 nails etc.
Who got the extra money?

?

frenat

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 06:30:52 AM »

Oh yes.
As this is a thought experiment I will buy that. I would ask if there were any $800 hammers or $2 nails etc.
Who got the extra money?

You'd have to ask the sub-contractors, Grumman, North American, etc.  I've heard there were multiple audits during the program.  you could start there.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 01:16:17 AM »
It doesn't make sense that NASA is funded by the government? Doesn't it make sense that the government would check wether NASA was a fraud or not before they decided to fund it? Doesn't it then make sense that if it was all fake, the government would have to be in on it? Sorry if your magical dreams where NASA steals our money from the government simply by existing conflicts with reality, but we are discussing reality here, not dreams and magic.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »

Perhaps, but if say, the bankers conspired to topple the czar, and put in the powers that be, would they not be controlling both sides?

Wut? Which bankers? How would bankers be controlling both governments? And as far as I know, bankers did not control any sides. And what czar anyways? This is the late 20th-century.

When in doubt; sources!

Frank Lee

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 02:03:04 AM »

Wut? Which bankers? How would bankers be controlling both governments? And as far as I know, bankers did not control any sides. And what czar anyways? This is the late 20th-century.

History not a strong point with you eh?
1913 USA establishes Federal Reserve act.
1917 czar Nicholas toppled by socialist Bolsheviks.
50 years is not a even a normal lifetime.
We have central banks, the I.M.F. and world bank.
Resist the central banks and we will open a can of democracy on you punks.
Welcome to the 21st century.
One thing we learn from history, is, we learn nothing from history.
Bet you think the USA is a democracy too.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »
Who's you to tell me history is not my strong point. 1913? 1917? We are talking 1969 here. With the communist party leader of the leading (and only) party in soviet being Leonid Brehznev. They had no czars then. The communists had already toppled the czar.
And all banks are controlled by national banks, which are indirectly controlled by the governments.

When in doubt; sources!

Frank Lee

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 04:22:17 AM »
Who's you to tell me history is not my strong point. 1913? 1917? We are talking 1969 here. With the communist party leader of the leading (and only) party in soviet being Leonid Brehznev. They had no czars then. The communists had already toppled the czar.
And all banks are controlled by national banks, which are indirectly controlled by the governments.

I consider this a thought experiment. The question being "Who profits?". I think banks are a viable option.
I do not say you must. As a matter of fact, if all they want is money, that is fine by me. Money does not
buy happiness.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »
It doesn't make sense that NASA is funded by the government? Doesn't it make sense that the government would check wether NASA was a fraud or not before they decided to fund it? Doesn't it then make sense that if it was all fake, the government would have to be in on it? Sorry if your magical dreams where NASA steals our money from the government simply by existing conflicts with reality, but we are discussing reality here, not dreams and magic.

Read what I'm saying, your assertions are starting to feel more and pathetic. Is all you have straw men?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 04:28:49 AM »

Read what I'm saying, your assertions are starting to feel more and pathetic. Is all you have straw men?

I have read what you are saying. However, your fantasies and opinions do not count as fact, and they do not answer my question.

When in doubt; sources!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 04:31:14 AM »

I have read what you are saying. However, your fantasies and opinions do not count as fact, and they do not answer my question.

Because your questions are irrelevant to what I'm saying, why should I bother with them?