So, who'd like to go to space?

• 52 Replies

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
So, who'd like to go to space?
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »
You may have heard of the commercial spaceflight company Blue Origin recently. They just recently around the time of posting, managed to land an engine body, without a parachute, for re-use. But enough of that, the real thing I want to get at here is this: Blue Origin is not a private organization like NASA which takes a select few to space. Rather, Blue Origin allows you to pay for a "ride into space". During the course of the ride, you'll accelerate up to an altitude of about 100KM, where you'll then experience weightlessness for about 4 minutes, and yes, see the roundness of the Earth. Essentially, all you have to do to get a flight into space are these things:
  • Be in a good enough physical condition.
  • Buy a ticket.
  • Get on the Blue Origin rocket.
  • Launch!
All I'm really trying to get at here is this: I can't wait until ordinary people start going up in those capsules, seeing the roundness of the Earth, and forever disproving FET.

You may claim it to be "yet another conspiracy", but maybe by that point you'll buy a ticket, and then see the roundness of the Earth for yourself. Have fun.

Promo video: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Booster landing video: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Information page: https://www.blueorigin.com/astronaut-experience
Official website: https://www.blueorigin.com/astronaut-experience
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

?

tappet

Re: So, who'd like to go to space?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »
Yawn, erm, cant wait.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »
We have been promised space tourism launches since the 50s.  It is always a few years away.  Funny how NASA could send men to the moon and back using 1960s technology, but with modern technology, they are having a hard time getting a half dozen tourists into low Earth orbit.  ::)

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »
some FEérs are here because they are bored, so they wont go because its not important to them
some FEérs will still believe the world is flat even if God himself told and showed them it was round
but I am sure there are some FEérs that will actually go up because they are genuinely interested.

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:16:09 PM »
We have been promised space tourism launches since the 50s.  It is always a few years away.  Funny how NASA could send men to the moon and back using 1960s technology, but with modern technology, they are having a hard time getting a half dozen tourists into low Earth orbit.  ::)
The moon landings where only made because it was part of the war effort. If it was not for the war they would never have happened.
The costs have actually gone done substantially over the last couple of years.
It cost $20mill a seat to go to the ISS in 2001 with the russians. a SpaceX launch a Dragon capsual with 7 seats to the ISS is to cost $60-$80million total before re-usability, thats $11-$8.5 million a seat.

Going to space will always be expensive and difficult, the physics demands it, but relative to our progress it is getting more accessible.

Also, what BlueOrigin did is not going to orbit, but it will be high enough to be considered space with free fall time. And I bet the costs will be well below the $1000 000 range. What they are doing is substantially less complicated than going to orbit.

Either way, 2017-2018 is till when TFES has before it gets flooded with free fall and round earth videos from the general public
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:20:31 PM by MaNaeSWolf »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:21:36 PM »
The moon landings where only made because it was part of the war effort. If it was not for the war they would never have happened.
The costs have actually gone done substantially over the last couple of years.
It cost $20mill a seat to go to the ISS in 2001 with the russians. a SpaceX launch a Dragon capsual with 7 seats to the ISS is to cost $60-$80million total before re-usability, thats $11-$8.5 million a seat.

Going to space will always be expensive and difficult, the physics demands it, but relative to our progress it is getting more accessible.

Also, what BlueOrigin did is not going to orbit, but it will be high enough to be considered space with free fall time. And I bet the costs will be well below the $1000 000 range. What they are doing is substantially less complicated than going to orbit.

Either way, 2017-2018 is till when TFES has before it gets flooded with free fall and round earth videos from the general public

Yeah, some day.  Sounds like a pipe dream to me.  Keep up your fantasies, though. 

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »
Funny how NASA could send men to the moon and back using 1960s technology, but with modern technology, they are having a hard time getting a half dozen tourists into low Earth orbit.  ::)
NASA could send with massive money injections and years of tests of rockets, some of which failed pretty hard. It took NASA over 11 years from first succesfull launch to moon landing. Read about Mercury and Gemini projects. For istance, Gemini project has 4 failed missions (out of 12). Should I remind how many Apollo missions failed and how many people died in one accident?

Also, the OP does not mention anything about NASA. Most companies are private and they do not have billions of $ as NASA had.  They focus on safety and repeatability as their priority.

Even though they have "fantasies", they are trying to fulfil them rather than whine and limit themselves.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:48 PM »
Yeah, some day.  Sounds like a pipe dream to me.  Keep up your fantasies, though.

I am a little interested in how large the TFES will make the space conspiracy then. Because right now it only involves hundreds of millions all around the earth. When that some day arrives it will be hundreds of millions just in the USA. FEérs really do need to believe that they live in the Truman show world

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »

I am a little interested in how large the TFES will make the space conspiracy then. Because right now it only involves hundreds of millions all around the earth. When that some day arrives it will be hundreds of millions just in the USA. FEérs really do need to believe that they live in the Truman show world

Right.  I understand.  Eventually, one day, next year, all that other crap.  You don't have to keep repeating it like it will make it true if you  say it enough.  ::)

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 07:02:54 AM »
Thinking from the other side of the fence as an FE'r, the only possible argument they can have against these inevitable space flights is "yawn, let me know when it happens", and "we've been promised since the 50s". I guess that really is the only argument I could think of, until the flights start happening. Then they are going to have a hard time explaining what non-nasa-affiliated folks are seeing from low orbit. You can't refute all this information coming forward about space flight technology, but I guess you can be ignorant of it for awhile.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
Will you reject RET if there are none by then? Let's make a wager.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »

I really hope you realize that tickets can be purchased already. There's no chance that they're aren't going to be "none by then".
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 08:09:25 AM »

I really hope you realize that tickets can be purchased already. There's no chance that they're aren't going to be "none by then".

lol, you can purchase tickets with the future hope of a trip that has no date and always in the next few years and this proves that space travel is possible.  Wow, you people have said some dumb things in the past, but this takes the cake. 

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
Well for one, the only place on earth that calls it Round Earth Theory is here. Everyone else just calls it earth or science, or earth science.

But no, I wont reject the fact that the world is round if they dont get the space tourism industry running by then, I will only reject a round earth if anyone can provide enough evidence that it is not round (ie, a different shape). So If they do go up, and people take pictures along with testimony of a flat or square shaped world, then I will review my views based on their evidence. Belief based on a wager is silly.

Which begs the question. From a high enough vantage point you would certainly be able to tell of the earth is round or not. Meaning that if the world was flat, and private persons can finally see that it is flat and has and edge/ goes on forever, then this will blow the entire conspiracy wide open. So with this in mind, should the TFES not embrace this possibility?

Here you have a chance to break open the big conspiracy, but you would rather them not?
Why is TFES so scared of the possibility of new evidence that will put this debate to rest?
I thought it was all about the truth?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:06:26 AM by MaNaeSWolf »

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 09:07:43 AM »
Which begs the question. From a high enough vantage point you would certainly be able to tell of the earth is round or not. Meaning that if the world was flat, and private persons can finally see that it is flat and has and edge/ goes on forever, then this will blow the entire conspiracy wide open. So with this in mind, should the TFES not embrace this possibility?

Here you have a chance to break open the big conspiracy, but you would rather them not?
Under DET, there is an inherent problem with reaching those altitudes. It simply can't be done. The conspiracy is blown open by the consistent difficulty in space even being approached.

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
you can purchase tickets with the future hope of a trip that has no date and always in the next few years and this proves that space travel is possible. 
Space tourism was already avaliable 14 years ago.

The publicized price for flights brokered by Space Adventures to the International Space Station aboard a Russian Soyuz spacecraft have been US $20–40 million, during the period 2001–2009 when 7 space tourists made 8 space flights.

Was quite expensive back then...

Wow, you people have said some dumb things in the past, but this takes the cake.
You people have said dumb things about space travels in the past, and you continuously repeat yourself. You are completely close-minded and apparently do not believe/support anything related to the fact the space is reachable not only by toy-rockets, but by humans too...

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »

Under DET, there is an inherent problem with reaching those altitudes. It simply can't be done. The conspiracy is blown open by the consistent difficulty in space even being approached.

Just a minor point but we can reach space with regular ease....
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »

And definite proof of that hard limit will never be revealed until they go up, especially when they take people up. You should be following Blue Origin and SpaceX's progress as closely as you can. They hold the key to the proof that you need.

You should be cheering them on, they are the ones who will reveal the evidence. go to reddit/spacex, for crying out loud, physically spy on them or go to a launch. All of your evidence is there! Next falcon 9 NET launch date is 10 December. If this matters to you, why are you against collecting real evidence?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
Assertion.

And definite proof of that hard limit will never be revealed until they go up, especially when they take people up. You should be following Blue Origin and SpaceX's progress as closely as you can. They hold the key to the proof that you need.
They're hardly going to tell the truth, and what proof would you suggest I gather? You'd pass any evidence off as "Oh, it was just a bad trip, they couldn't make it that time."

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »
I for one, would love to do this.  As I've asked before, please get your RE'er buddies together and start a "Send TheEngineer to Space" fund.  I'll report on all that I experience. 

Please let me know when you have the money raised so can purchase the ticket.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
They're hardly going to tell the truth, and what proof would you suggest I gather? You'd pass any evidence off as "Oh, it was just a bad trip, they couldn't make it that time."

They have made many trips already. I am giving you a lead to discover evidence. You need evidence to start the road to proving your hypothesis. You can go and see with your very own eyes. BTW, I have no idea where you are in the USA and how far you need to travel to get to a launch site. But if you are serious, what is there lose? Go on a factory tour. Go speak to the people.
For starters, go to SpaceX on reddit. It has very active community.

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
Assertion.
Proof: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Before making pointless comments about the "dome", watch the follow up video included in the description.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »
you can purchase tickets with the future hope of a trip that has no date and always in the next few years and this proves that space travel is possible. 

Really?  Please show me where I can buy a for real space ticket, not just a hope and a dream.  Thanks. 

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »
They have made many trips already. I am giving you a lead to discover evidence. You need evidence to start the road to proving your hypothesis.
There are more ways than that to provide evidence, and what you're proposing isn't going to achieve anything. You're just wasting time. If they succeed, then you'll have something worth saying.

Before making pointless comments about the "dome", watch the follow up video included in the description
I don't accept the dome model, and that's evidence of nothing. It's possible to ascend: so what? That's not really space, save by an incredibly technical definition.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
I for one, would love to do this.  As I've asked before, please get your RE'er buddies together and start a "Send TheEngineer to Space" fund.  I'll report on all that I experience. 
Engy, I have some good new and some bad news for you.  The good news is that we've raised enough money to send you into space.   The bad news is that we couldn't raise enough money to bring you back from space.  :P
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 09:42:21 AM »
Engy, I have some good new and some bad news for you.  The good news is that we've raised enough money to send you into space.   The bad news is that we couldn't raise enough money to bring you back from space.  :P

I haven't heard a good markjoke in a while.  I am still waiting.  :P

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »
Really?  Please show me where I can buy a for real space ticket, not just a hope and a dream.  Thanks.
  You cant. I am not saying that the rich cant go, just you cant go.
The reason being, the rich and powerful did not get to be rich by asking random people on the internet how to get what they want.
Long story short, there is not ticket office selling $20 million tickets to anything anywhere ever

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
  You cant. I am not saying that the rich cant go, just you cant go.
The reason being, the rich and powerful did not get to be rich by asking random people on the internet how to get what they want.

Oh, so the privileged secret society people can go to space, but you people claim that anyone can go.  I see your agenda now. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 09:44:59 AM »

I'm sure that these good people could help you out: http://www.spaceadventures.com/contact/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »
Oh, so the privileged secret society people can go to space, but you people claim that anyone can go.  I see your agenda now.

I apologize, I modified my post before you read it again.
No, what I was saying is that if you have the cash and wanted to do nearly anything you would find out how to do it. Richard Branson traveled around the world in a hot air/ helium balloon, there are also no ticket offices selling tickets for that. Really extreme things need extreme effort to pull off