Both of those things!
9 (69.2%)
It can work, but it doesn't exist.
1 (7.7%)
Neither of these things!
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 29, 2015, 11:33:57 AM

I'm going to prove that the law of gravitation works, once and for all.

• 103 Replies

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
To everyone out there who thinks that The Law of Gravitation is "impossible", and doesn't work (*cough* sandokhan), I'm going to build a simulation in Unity3d, using Newton's Law of Gravitation, and simulate two celestial bodies, gravitationally bound to each other. The simulation will probably be available somewhere on Dropbox when I get a chance to finish it.

Once and for all, I'm going to prove that it works.

Also, if you want to fill out the poll above, that'd be appreciated.

Update: I've locked voting because my simulation accurately proves that Newton's Law of Gravitation works.

Alright, the simulation is live! To run the simulation, download the source code from the links provided below and extract it from the .zip format. In order to run the simulation, just execute the GRAVITY_SIM_WINDOWS, GRAVITY_SIM_MACOSX, or GRAVITY_SIM_LINUX files. If you want to, you can also open the solution in Unity3d and execute it that way.

In order to move the camera, use the WASD keys. The arrow keys do not work. The white spheres orbiting each other are what you want to focus on.

If you find any issues related to running the simulation, please PM me with the issue and I'll see what I can do!

Download link: https://github.com/ShearOfDoom/Gravity-Simulator/releases/tag/v0.1
Source code link: https://github.com/ShearOfDoom/Gravity-Simulator
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:20:42 PM by TheEarthIsRoundNotFlat »
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Re: I'm going to prove that the law of gravitation works, once and for all.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »
Heads up, you're wasting your time if you're doing this only for the sake of proving it on this forum.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:43:23 PM by MettaKail »
Members of SPANK (Dual Earth Scientists)
1. abaaaabbbb63
2. MettaKail
3. JRoweSkeptic

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »
How would this prove anything?  If someone kills someone else, would you go to court and offer a simulation program that you developed and claim it proves that the defendant could have done it as evidence?  You would be laughed out of court.  Perhaps you did not really think this thread through? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »
How would this prove anything?  If someone kills someone else, would you go to court and offer a simulation program that you developed and claim it proves that the defendant could have done it as evidence?  You would be laughed out of court.  Perhaps you did not really think this thread through? 

Oh, I thought it through quite well Jroa. You see, there's a magical thing called "open source" which allows you to see my code on a hosting service. You'll be able to inspect it there, and see that I'm following the law of gravitation correctly.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »

Oh, I thought it through quite well Jroa. You see, there's a magical thing called "open source" which allows you to see my code on a hosting service. You'll be able to inspect it there, and see that I'm following the law of gravitation correctly.

Yes, you can program round Earth numbers into the software and make whatever RE says happen.  Big whoopty do.  I bet software can be made that shows a person flying, and this is supposed to prove that people can fly, right?  Oh, wait, that software is already developed, and guess what, nobody believes that people can fly.  So, I guess you are at square one again, are you not? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »

Yes, you can program round Earth numbers into the software and make whatever RE says happen.  Big whoopty do.  I bet software can be made that shows a person flying, and this is supposed to prove that people can fly, right?  Oh, wait, that software is already developed, and guess what, nobody believes that people can fly.  So, I guess you are at square one again, are you not?

You're clearly confused here. There's implementing software that does whatever you want, and software that implements things within certain rules and boundaries. In this case, I'm following The Law of Gravitation precisely, and calculating attractions using specifically that law.

I don't even know why you're bothering to "attack" this. You don't seem to know squat about software design.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »
Heads up, your wasting your time if your doing this only for the sake of proving it on this forum.

Maybe not. And for once, can you please spell "you're" right.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »

You're clearly confused here. There's implementing software that does whatever you want, and software that implements things within certain rules and boundaries. In this case, I'm following The Law of Gravitation precisely, and calculating attractions using specifically that law.

I don't even know why you're bothering to "attack" this. You don't seem to know squat about software design.

I could invent the law that things bounce forever, and then write software that shows a ball bouncing forever, and this will prove my law, right?  You people are not on your game tonight.  ::)

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 08:50:52 PM »

I could invent the law that things bounce forever, and then write software that shows a ball bouncing forever, and this will prove my law, right?  You people are not on your game tonight.  ::)

ffs...

Did you not read the part of my last post about implementing it within strict rules and boundaries, in this case, The Law of Gravitation?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »

ffs...

Did you not read the part of my last post about implementing it within strict rules and boundaries, in this case, The Law of Gravitation?

Did you not understand where I told you that it can be made to work, with any given boundaries?  This would only prove that the software can act within the boundaries, not that the boundaries are real or even exist.  Hell, you could make an anti-gravity game that works within boundaries, but the boundaries are only your limitations, not realities.  What is so hard for you to understand?  I know that it hurts your feeling every time more of your RE indoctrination gets blasted by facts and figures, but please, stop making things up. 

This reminds me of the time where mikeman claimed something like, "Hey, I played this game that let me go to the moon and back and now I have won Heiwa's million dollars."  lol, you people have no concept of reality, do you? 

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 11:37:54 PM »
Did you not understand where I told you that it can be made to work, with any given boundaries?  This would only prove that the software can act within the boundaries, not that the boundaries are real or even exist.  Hell, you could make an anti-gravity game that works within boundaries, but the boundaries are only your limitations, not realities.  What is so hard for you to understand?  I know that it hurts your feeling every time more of your RE indoctrination gets blasted by facts and figures, but please, stop making things up. 

This reminds me of the time where mikeman claimed something like, "Hey, I played this game that let me go to the moon and back and now I have won Heiwa's million dollars."  lol, you people have no concept of reality, do you?
The point of the simulation is to prove that gravity can WORK. If the simulation works and gives expected results within the given boundaries of the Law of gravitation and if it is consistent with real observations, then the Law of gravitation works in reality. If you made a 0g software, it would probably not be consistent with real observations, so you can't compare that or use that as an argument.

For the mikeman thing, Heiwa assumes that the law of gravitation is real. All Heiwa has to do is to check that the simulator uses the law of gravitation in it's calculations. The computer is basically doing the exact same thing you'd have to do thousands of times over on paper.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 04:31:32 AM »

ffs...

Master_Evar already summed this up pretty well, but I'm going to say it one more time. If I'm following The Law of Gravitation, and doing my calculations using that, and it works, then The Law of Gravitation works.

Seriously, all you'd have to do is check my code for accuracy, and you'd see that I'm following it correctly.

I haven't quite finished writing the code yet, BTW.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 04:33:16 AM »
I'm genuinely curious who the one person who voted for "Neither!" is.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »
Lets see, whenever I let go of something it drops to the ground. Whenever I jump up I come back down. I'm not typing this while floating towards the ceiling. Yeah, I think gravity exist and work. A good experiment you can do is get two big lead balls and hang them on a chain and they will atract each other. How can you prove that gravity doesn't exist?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »
Lets see, whenever I let go of something it drops to the ground. Whenever I jump up I come back down. I'm not typing this while floating towards the ceiling. Yeah, I think gravity exist and work. A good experiment you can do is get two big lead balls and hang them on a chain and they will atract each other. How can you prove that gravity doesn't exist?

I'm trying to prove that it works, FYI.

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »

I know, I was asking the flat-earthers to prove that gravity doesn't exist. Unless you're being sarcastic.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »

I know, I was asking the flat-earthers to prove that gravity doesn't exist. Unless you're being sarcastic.

They have this stupid ad-hoc explanation about how the Earth accelerates upwards due to "aetheric wind".

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »

Have you ever heard of the Tamarck Mine Experiments?  Heavy balls were suspended more than a mile straight down into a mine shaft, and measurements of the lines at the top and bottom showed that the weights seemed to diverge away from each other instead of towards each other, as gravitation theory and RET would predict. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

Have you ever heard of the Tamarck Mine Experiments?  Heavy balls were suspended more than a mile straight down into a mine shaft, and measurements of the lines at the top and bottom showed that the weights seemed to diverge away from each other instead of towards each other, as gravitation theory and RET would predict.

There are so many factors here that could make them diverge from each other, wind, rotation of the Earth. Besides, 60 pound bobs don't have enough weight to actually produce a visible, or measurable attraction.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »

There are so many factors here that could make them diverge from each other, wind, rotation of the Earth. Besides, 60 pound bobs don't have enough weight to actually produce a visible, or measurable attraction.

Luke seems to think they should be attracted to each other.  Are you calling him a liar? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »

Luke seems to think they should be attracted to each other.  Are you calling him a liar?

ffs...

They are attracted to each other. It's just not a noticeable or measurable attraction. Given that this experiment looks like it was conducted in the 1800s there were most definitely some factors that influenced it in a negative way.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

ffs...

They are attracted to each other. It's just not a noticeable or measurable attraction. Given that this experiment looks like it was conducted in the 1800s there were most definitely some factors that influenced it in a negative way.

Actually, it was the early 1900s.  But, that is irrelevant, unless you think that they were stupid back then. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »

ffs...

Actually, it was the early 1900s.  But, that is irrelevant, unless you think that they were stupid back then.

Still, back then they didn't have the advanced technologies we have today to perform experiments.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »

ffs...

Still, back then they didn't have the advanced technologies we have today to perform experiments.

What advanced technology are you referring to?  It sure sounds like you are grasping at straws now. 

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »

ffs...

What advanced technology are you referring to?  It sure sounds like you are grasping at straws now.
I think he meant ACCURATE technology.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »

ffs...

Precise measurement instruments. Sounds like you're stalling.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »

ffs...

You think that they could not measure a couple of yards with an accuracy of several inches back in the early 1900s?  Are you really this dense? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »

ffs...

You think that they could not measure a couple of yards with an accuracy of several inches back in the early 1900s?  Are you really this dense?

*sigh*

That's not what I'm trying to say. This is what I'm trying to say:

They didn't have the instruments necessary to measure extremely small amounts of attraction between two puny 60-pound objects. In addition, there are other factors which contribute to the fact that the balls were diverging from each other.

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »

ffs...

Where were they trying to measure that?  Your link says it is a myth.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »

ffs...

*sigh*

That's not what I'm trying to say. This is what I'm trying to say:

They didn't have the instruments necessary to measure extremely small amounts of attraction between two puny 60-pound objects. In addition, there are other factors which contribute to the fact that the balls were diverging from each other.

The weights were many inches apart, not some small amount.  But, regardless, yes, you could in fact measure down to 3 decimal places back then.  Have you ever heard of a vernier scale?