The conspiracy and why FE theory is so obscure

• 9 Replies
The conspiracy and why FE theory is so obscure
« on: November 08, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »
Greetings. Out of interest I have visited this website and forum every now and then over the years and have personally always found it quite a good "mind expanding activity" to try and consider FE theory from the point of view that it might actually be correct (and there's aspects of it that do really get me thinking), but alas I am still not convinced.

I will openly admit I do not have enough knowledge and understanding of the physics, mathematics, astronomy, etc. to try and tackle any of those areas in a serious debate with otherwise knowledgeable participants but to me the whole matter seems to boil down to how "obscure" FE theory is, from the public but, even more so, from the scientific community in general. 

I know the scientific community can be a bunch of arrogant and stubborn knobs a lot of the time, but I have to wonder why FET is so "disregarded" around the world in general?

I have read about a "conspiracy" to keep it all a secret but to me this, in itself, is a very poor argument.

Is the FE theory growing in popularity (I mean on a noticeable scale)?

Because a conspiracy doesn't seem to adequately explain why millions of intelligent men and women around the world aren't being compelled by its "undeniable" truth, especially if all the evidence is apparently obvious and available to anyone with an open mind and a decent knowledge of physics (it seems a lot of the debates come down to this).

Not every "thinker" in this day and age adheres to the preconceptions of modern science, and fear of ridicule (even exile and death) has never stopped the bravest from stating what they believe is the truth. In my mind, the sheer number of independent thinkers around today and the power of the internet should have cracked this conspiracy wide open (or verified FE theory for everyone) a long time ago. At the very least, there should be more fuss being made about it.

Could someone please elaborate on how so many have been fooled for so long? There are other aspects of FET that I would like to discuss but this is the first "hurdle" for me.

PS- This may belong in the debate section but really just looking to get a better understanding.

Re: The conspiracy and why FE theory is so obscure
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:39:20 AM »
Greetings. Out of interest I have visited this website and forum every now and then over the years and have personally always found it quite a good "mind expanding activity" to try and consider FE theory from the point of view that it might actually be correct (and there's aspects of it that do really get me thinking), but alas I am still not convinced.

I will openly admit I do not have enough knowledge and understanding of the physics, mathematics, astronomy, etc. to try and tackle any of those areas in a serious debate with otherwise knowledgeable participants but to me the whole matter seems to boil down to how "obscure" FE theory is, from the public but, even more so, from the scientific community in general. 

I know the scientific community can be a bunch of arrogant and stubborn knobs a lot of the time, but I have to wonder why FET is so "disregarded" around the world in general?

I have read about a "conspiracy" to keep it all a secret but to me this, in itself, is a very poor argument.

Is the FE theory growing in popularity (I mean on a noticeable scale)?

Because a conspiracy doesn't seem to adequately explain why millions of intelligent men and women around the world aren't being compelled by its "undeniable" truth, especially if all the evidence is apparently obvious and available to anyone with an open mind and a decent knowledge of physics (it seems a lot of the debates come down to this).

Not every "thinker" in this day and age adheres to the preconceptions of modern science, and fear of ridicule (even exile and death) has never stopped the bravest from stating what they believe is the truth. In my mind, the sheer number of independent thinkers around today and the power of the internet should have cracked this conspiracy wide open (or verified FE theory for everyone) a long time ago. At the very least, there should be more fuss being made about it.

Could someone please elaborate on how so many have been fooled for so long? There are other aspects of FET that I would like to discuss but this is the first "hurdle" for me.

PS- This may belong in the debate section but really just looking to get a better understanding.

Well put. I think you answered your own question.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
Easy:  the world is filled with stupid, lazy and evil people.  Mix them all together and duping 99% makes sense to me ---- coupled with the fact that whether the true form of the earth makes no difference to 99% of humanity. 

Have you met any stupid, lazy or evil people in your life?

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
Easy:  the world is filled with stupid, lazy and evil people.  Mix them all together and duping 99% makes sense to me ---- coupled with the fact that whether the true form of the earth makes no difference to 99% of humanity. 

I've met a stupid person, it's you. The ~99% of the people on this planet who believe know the Earth is round are the smart ones. The other ~1% who continue to deny the truth because they're can't accept reality are the stupid ones.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »

I've met a stupid person, it's you. The ~99% of the people on this planet who believe know the Earth is round are the smart ones. The other ~1% who continue to deny the truth because they're can't accept reality are the stupid ones.

This is a Q&A forum, not your playground.  Consider this a warning. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
Flat Earth is so obscure because it's not science.  No papers on it have been published and nobody has used anything other then blind speculationto "develop" the model.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »
Flat Earth is so obscure because it's not science.  No papers on it have been published and nobody has used anything other then blind speculationto "develop" the model.

Yes, the conspiracy keeps a tightly pressed thumb on our research.  What is your point?

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

Yes, the conspiracy keeps a tightly pressed thumb on our research.  What is your point?
What research? 'You' have said you do not have the funds to produce a map.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 04:17:47 PM »

What research? 'You' have said you do not have the funds to produce a map.

I am sorry, but do you think that maps are the only form of research? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 09:26:38 PM »

Wait, you actually have real research?  Why havn't I seen any of it?  I would love to see this mysterious vault of flat Earth proof you alwaus speak of.

The point is that flat Earth has no research to suppress, you are just a bunch of mad men making stuff up, the one flat earther who tried to do flat Earth science failed miserably and became a round earther.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.