Why do Christians eat pork! Are you above the law?

• 30 Replies
Why do Christians eat pork! Are you above the law?
« on: November 02, 2015, 12:20:25 AM »
The Bible clearly states it numerous times. do not partake of the filthy beast! Jews observe it, Muslims observe it, what makes Christians so special? You guys are the ones who are the most insistent that the current version of the Bible is the undisputed word of God direct to man. So I would think in that case you would follow it to the letter. I am suspecting you will claim that Jesus came and released humanity from this command, where is the scripture to prove it? The Law Has Never Changed, Why Would It? This does not look good for you guys!
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Why do Christians eat pork! Are you above the law?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »
The Bible clearly states it numerous times. do not partake of the filthy beast! Jews observe it, Muslims observe it, what makes Christians so special? You guys are the ones who are the most insistent that the current version of the Bible is the undisputed word of God direct to man. So I would think in that case you would follow it to the letter. I am suspecting you will claim that Jesus came and released humanity from this command, where is the scripture to prove it? The Law Has Never Changed, Why Would It? This does not look good for you guys!

Law changes all the time, it's truth that never changes.  The Bible includes the New Testiment, which tells of the coming of Christ.  When I have time I could find the exact verse, but the old testiment says that the law of Moses will be replaced once Christ comes.  Christians, as suggested by the name, believe that Christ has come 2015 years ago.

The law was changed because people have changed.  People need different laws at different times as the world changes.

What's with the hostility towrds Christianity?  I don't know if you are  a Jew or a Muslim, but I honestly don't care.   Among the 10 commandments is the commandment: love thy neighbor.  It does not say to love thy neighbor only of they are of the same faith.  If God expected everyone to have one particular faith then he would have made it more obvious which one is true.  I have friends that belong to different Christian sects and friends that are atheists.  They are people too, we can coexist if we are not a**holes about it.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »
I have no hostility towards Christians, sorry my comment was a bit blunt. But I do reject the claim that the prohibition on swine is over. I am a monotheist
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Where does the word filthy beast translate to pork ? The non eating of pork has nothing to do with the wording the filthy beast . Its tradition is not biblical. It was introduced to the doctrine of religious instruction. By jewish &  muslim religious leaders ,as  a safe guard to unwitting cannibalisam . A shortage of swine & an abundance of poor homeless to murder, cut up  & sell the flesh. Deceiving the buyer in to thinking they had purchased pork . Due to visual similarities. Is the Godly reasoning for its introduction.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »
I thought the Bible says that God put all the animals on the Earth for man to eat?  Maybe I am wrong, as it has been a while since I have read fairy tales, though. 

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »
Only beasts of the cloven hoof my be eaten. Placid grazing type animals & foul. I believe in the saying 'you are what you eat' and I think there may be a spiritual taint also. Swine eat their own dung, are widely homosexual and are a chaotic animal and contain parasites that are not killed during the cooking process. Muslim leaders did not introduce this to it's followers, it is clearly written in the Qur'an many times. New evidence is coming forth that confirms the Divine warning against consuming this beast. If I were a Christian I would err on the side of caution, there is plenty of legal meat to eat, it isn't really much of a sacrifice. Better to be safe than sorry!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 12:20:22 AM »
I thought the Bible says that God put all the animals on the Earth for man to eat?  Maybe I am wrong, as it has been a while since I have read fairy tales, though.
No one but God can own Gods Property. Id hate to be someone who was claimed as a slave , for want of a good fairy tale. I'm glad that you belive in God being your creator jroa & truthfully grateful to belong to his kingdom.  :)
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 10:50:51 AM »
I have no hostility towards Christians, sorry my comment was a bit blunt. But I do reject the claim that the prohibition on swine is over. I am a monotheist

Well, now you know why Christians eat pork.

I am a Mormon, which is a Christian religion but a few of our beliefs differ from mainstream Christianity.  We believe that multiple Gods exist, but only one applies to us.  It's kind of like your father, you have one biological father and before you are an adult he has authority over you.  He is not the only father in the world, but as far as you are concerned he might as well be because he's the only father you have to listen to.  Mormons worship one God, so by definition that does make us monotheistic.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
mikeman, do you know the passage in the bible that says that men are allowed to eat every animal?  You are a Bible thumper, and I am pretty sure it is there.  Could you help me out?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Last I checked, which was last year, it said we may tend every animal put on the earth, so long as we do not harm them in total, paraphrasing a bit.
Welp, we already failed most of what we were told. So why bother caring anymore.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 11:56:57 AM »
mikeman, do you know the passage in the bible that says that men are allowed to eat every animal?  You are a Bible thumper, and I am pretty sure it is there.  Could you help me out?

I don't like to Bible bash.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 03:57:43 AM »
Mikeman, If it were not for the mormon church I would not exist, you see my parents both came from mormon families and met through the church, I was baptized at the age of 12, after that an atheist for 30 years. The fundamental tenant of Monotheism is that the One True God can be considered as the Most High, with none above and all praise should go directly to God. The christian tendency to attribute divinity to Jesus and pray to/through him violates this tenant. I also believe that there are multiple deities competing for our worship that exist in a realm above ours, but all of these deities prove themselves to be false because if any one of them was a righteous figure then they would not dare challenge Gods Authority. I also believe that these lesser deities try to fool followers into thinking that they are the one true god. This has been going on throughout history. Lastly, no one on this thread has put forth an acceptable explanation as to why christians eat pork, so I am still none the wiser.

Now Jroa. I can assure you that there is no such passage in the bible telling man that the world is your smorgasbord, eat of it as you wish, but you go!, eat racoon, squirrel, skunk, wombat, whatever you want! For you live by your own rules and are free to do as you wish, while you are here! 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
Mikeman, If it were not for the mormon church I would not exist, you see my parents both came from mormon families and met through the church, I was baptized at the age of 12, after that an atheist for 30 years. The fundamental tenant of Monotheism is that the One True God can be considered as the Most High, with none above and all praise should go directly to God. The christian tendency to attribute divinity to Jesus and pray to/through him violates this tenant. I also believe that there are multiple deities competing for our worship that exist in a realm above ours, but all of these deities prove themselves to be false because if any one of them was a righteous figure then they would not dare challenge Gods Authority. I also believe that these lesser deities try to fool followers into thinking that they are the one true god. This has been going on throughout history. Lastly, no one on this thread has put forth an acceptable explanation as to why christians eat pork, so I am still none the wiser.

Christians eat pork because when Jesus came the law of Moses was declared null and void.  The reason most Christians worship Jesus is because of the trinity concept where they believe that Jesus, God, and the Holy Ghost are one and the same.  The Mormon belief is that they are separate and distinct, and Jesus was more of a representative sent by God.  No more law of Moses = pork is not banned.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »
I fully understand Christian teachings and have done since a child. There are many who believe Jesus came to uphold the Law of Moses in a time when Jews were going astray, he was a Jew after all. The Muslim revelation came 7 centuries later and it overturned many off the Jewish prohibitions but not swine.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »

Now Jroa. I can assure you that there is no such passage in the bible telling man that the world is your smorgasbord, eat of it as you wish, but you go!, eat racoon, squirrel, skunk, wombat, whatever you want! For you live by your own rules and are free to do as you wish, while you are here!

So God wrote the bible ? That sounds a bit silly. Advocates of God wrote the Bible did they not ?
The true belief in God is that we are all born equal with inalienable rights . The Bible is simply teachings, a guided to recognize that equality in everynday life & to act accordingly in  dealings  with others whether in business or otherwise . Do your utmost to avoid intentual harm .  Empathy  in this world seems of been  . Replaced by elitist lies  trickery & greed . Words & there definable defanition & meanings  hijacked.
The words I'm trying to help you. Has been twisted in  english meaning by the agenda elitist legalese to  , I am trying to invoice contract with you , to lay claim for a reward. Under maratime law  salvage rights. Via UCC filling . Using  a  mail box notice .If you dont blatantly refute & refuse that sevice of  that help. Having to respond in writing , to that for validation & insure by responding you have not again  unwittingly entered in to a conformation there was a verbal contract or tricked in to entering in to anther new agreement.  It is out right extortion &  fraud . Which the corrupted corporate courts condone as legally exsepteble
I apologize , I'm struggling with my sight of late .  If you want to beat up on me for my grammer & sentence structure . Thats fine  I can live with that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:48:46 PM by charles bloomington »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 01:49:53 AM »
aman68, those who falsified the Old and the New Testaments, had a very important reason to forbid the eating of pork meat (wild boar included)... do a research, and you will discover amazing facts... ask yourself this: which "ancient" very important figure was worshipped in the form of a wild boar?

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 04:06:15 AM »
charles bloomington. I do not think God wrote the bible, I believe Moses brought forth genuine revelation but that was changed and corrupted well before the time of Jesus. I didn't want to discredit the bible because in my experience it really upsets christians. I still find certain books of the bible highly inspirational and still containing many Truths, inspiration & warnings that are valid universally. The 'Go To' Monotheistic text is definitely the Qur'an. I agree completely with your statement of true belief in God and really liked the way you described the hijacking of the Truth and natural order by those who seek to usurp our lives to suit their own means. I am sorry you are having trouble with your eyes, I hope everything is OK with you. I really like your posts, you don't hold back and that takes bravery.

I am hip to the corruption in the bible, but it still does contain much of worth. I tried to do the search that you recommended but didn't really find much. Could you provide more info. PM me if you do not want to post it. Ancient history is a big passion of mine.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
Aman68, I shall try to answer your question as briefly as possible.
First, the reference to the man worshiped as a wild boar, (If you have not found out already) is Nimrod.
He became known by many names afterwards. (Including Baal)
After his death and dismemberment he supernaturally had a son (by incest) named Tamuz.
Ironically Tamuz was killed by a wild boar.
Try researching Illuminati.
As for Christians eating pork, well, first I will say Christians mean "Anointed ones"
The Apostles were first called Christians in Antioch.  So I will call myself a disciple. Let another call me Christian if he desires.
I do not eat pork. I am sure Jaheshua (Jesus) did not eat pork. He is my teacher and He is the very Life
in me. so I won't eat that unclean beast.
From the beginning man (and woman) were given to eat of all the trees in the garden. Except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
I don't believe man was EVER to shed blood to live. Not of any animal.
Man having fallen to his own will began to live off the land.
Laws were given, because man became without law.
First the ten commandments, then the ordinances.
The ordinances specified that only animals that had a cleft (split) hoof AND chewed the cud (two stomachs)
were clean to eat. (Eating every other animal was an abomination)
Notice that Daniel only ate grains when he was in Babylon.
That law was never removed. Modern Christians use the scripture where Peter had a vision of a large cloth coming down from heaven full of all forms of animals and a voice saying "Take and eat"
Peter responded "Not so Lord, for I have never eaten that which is common or unclean.
The voice said "That which the Lord hath cleansed call not common or unclean"
This happened three times.
Then Peter understood that the vision meant that he was not to call the gentiles unclean or unworthy.
Also they say they are under grace, not law. That I think is very thin logic.
If Jaheshua (Jesus) was our teacher, I think we should follow His example.
Let each man serve his own master, and he shall reap what he sows.
As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
The word of GOD is quick and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword.
Besides, pork is nasty, why would you want to eat it unless you are starving?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:19:18 AM by Frank Lee »
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 05:54:14 AM »
Thank You Frank Lee. I have not eaten swine since coming to Faith 5 years ago. Jesus most certainly did not eat swine. You do not sound like a christian, rather a follower of Jesus's teachings. Have you read the Gospel of Barnabas, it is not authenticated because it vanished for half a millenium but I believe the text speaks for itself.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
Christians should get their filthy paws off my bacon.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:27 AM »
ask yourself this: which "ancient" very important figure was worshipped in the form of a wild boar?
The Hogfather of course.

Frank Lee

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 09:28:20 AM »
Thank You Frank Lee. I have not eaten swine since coming to Faith 5 years ago. Jesus most certainly did not eat swine. You do not sound like a christian, rather a follower of Jesus's teachings. Have you read the Gospel of Barnabas, it is not authenticated because it vanished for half a millenium but I believe the text speaks for itself.

Thank you Aman68.
I have looked into the book of Barnabas. I do have concerns with it, but, I do not only consider those things which prop up my pre-conceived ideas.
I am deeply studying the book of Enoch and other books quoted or referred to in the canonized scriptures.
Barnabas is not quted in scripture as near as I can tell as of yet.
Peace be to you.
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »
The Gospel of Barnabas is a touchy area as it outright denies the sonship of Jesus and he places himself as no different to any other Messenger that came before or after. But it was the canonical text in the first years of early christianity until ruled illegal in the fourth century and ordered to be destroyed, this was ordered by powers who sought control rather than Truth. I see its value based on the strength of the sermons of Jesus, they are just amazing, it does not offend monotheist and unitarians like myself because we see God as the supreme supernatural presence of all creation Who is above anything we can conceive and has no similitude to humans whatsoever. Good luck on your quest for truth. The book of Enoch is a highly valuable ancient text. I do not believe any text still exists in its original form but still contain information and wisdom of great value.

?

oeN

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
Because MOST Christians think they can do everything... They make their own laws in different churches, for instance, in Catholic Church they worship Idols, Evangelical churches where they preach the about the good wealth (most popular in south america) they forbid against alcohol drinking, and so on... And they have a special desire in not obeying the 10 commandments and practising the 7 deadly Sins every single day...

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 "For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it."

Matthew 15International Children’s Bible (ICB)

Obey God’s Law Not Men’s

Mathew 15 "Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem. They asked him, 2        “Why do your followers not obey the rules given to us by the great people who lived before us? Your followers don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus answered, “And why do you refuse to obey God’s command so that you can follow those rules you have?

Frank Lee

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
To someone who loves the Law, and keeps them because they are good for us and others around us,
Does not need to be told "That is against the Law"
In a very real sense they (we) are above the law because, even without an immediate consequence
for breaking the Law, They(we) will keep the Law.
That does not mean we are Lawless.
That means the Law is written in our hearts and we will keep them.
When we fail and break the Law, we turn, and go and "Sin" no more.
That does not mean under "grace" we can do as we will.
Alister Crowley (recognized as the wickedest man to live, said "The whole of the Law shall be, Do what thou wilt"
Funny, on his death bed, his final words were, "I am perplexed"

?

oeN

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 04:35:03 PM »
To someone who loves the Law, and keeps them because they are good for us and others around us,
Does not need to be told "That is against the Law"
In a very real sense they (we) are above the law because, even without an immediate consequence
for breaking the Law, They(we) will keep the Law.
That does not mean we are Lawless.
That means the Law is written in our hearts and we will keep them.
When we fail and break the Law, we turn, and go and "Sin" no more.
That does not mean under "grace" we can do as we will.
Alister Crowley (recognized as the wickedest man to live, said "The whole of the Law shall be, Do what thou wilt"
Funny, on his death bed, his final words were, "I am perplexed"

Exactly! That's being a real Christian, You may sin, but if You regret and change your actions You are forgived. Not like the Orthodox Jews that don't want to regret they still kill animals for their sins- scape goats), or the false Christians that think that living under the grace is doing whatever they want. "You shall love the Lord your G-d with all your heart" if you really and truly love someone you You'll do everything at your reach to not let the person down, in this case G-d, if You love Him, You will automatically obey His commandments, of course we all are flawless, sometimes when we are too much full of our selves we must be brought down, to get taller and see clear, we make mistake and we sin, but regret is the key!  In the ultimate level we control the desire, because if you're not sinning but we desiring to sin you're still far from G-d.
Let's take Adam's and Cain example. When Adam failed with his mission G-d called him and asked what did he do, what was Adam's answer? He blamed G-d and the women, he didn't assume his responsibilities he got punished. Cain killed his brother, G-d asked him what he did, and he assumed and regretted for his actions, and he was forgiven, G-d even spared his life...

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »
Bacon yummy yummy bacon. We love bacon so much it is incorporated into many dishes,  Bacon wrapped pizza, Double stack bacon burger, Bacon wrapped hot dogs and many more. Those pork rinds are a favorite to many. I don't think God has is out for the bacon eaters. Go ahead and enjoy. Following religion or not if your are in a strange country or even your own, buying kosher products is a natural and safe why to eat.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

?

oeN

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
Bacon yummy yummy bacon. We love bacon so much it is incorporated into many dishes,  Bacon wrapped pizza, Double stack bacon burger, Bacon wrapped hot dogs and many more. Those pork rinds are a favorite to many. I don't think God has is out for the bacon eaters. Go ahead and enjoy. Following religion or not if your are in a strange country or even your own, buying kosher products is a natural and safe why to eat.

ronxyz, I don't condemn no one for doing whatever they want or wish, I think everyone is free to act as they think, as long as they respect other's people freedom and beliefs, our freedom ends where other start's. What I criticise is the hypocrite of people who say that believe and respect G-d, and do totally different from G-d's commands...

Anyway in my personal understanding I truly believe, that all of us have a purpose in here, and we have to do  what we have to do, no matter what it is. Choice is an illusion. We're no in this life to make choices, we have already made it, we are here to understand our choices.

Example. In our daily routines we do a lot of things automatically without thinking of it, but before the action takes place it happens inside your head, even without us realising it, even when we act by instinct, it's our brain to command our body to act. Spiritual and material things happens the same.

What we need to make a choice? TIME! And what is Time? Time is a dimension of our FINITE universe. Outside the universe there's no Time. So imagine that You live in a Spiritual space outside this universe that there isn't no Time, what will happen. Only Action/Reaction because You don't have time to think things or make choices. So G-d created this world in Time and Space so You could understand your actions in the "Spiritual world" or the real world if You want to put it that way...

Frank Lee

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 02:15:09 AM »

Thanks oeN, your insights are very deep, I will dwell on them more.
ronxyz I do agree that GOD does not have it out for the bacon eaters. That is clear.
Jaheshua (Jesus) when answering the religious leaders about eating with unwashed hands
clearly gave the whole of the law in a single sentence (or two).
"It is not what goes into a man that defiles the man, for it is eaten, digested, and cast out.
That which comes out of a man defiles a man, for what comes out of a man comes from the heart"
Just to paraphrase as this is not a sermon.
Yes eat Kosher if you are able.
Bacon? Yummy!!
Totally salted swine fat loaded with Tricanai larvae! PASS THE PLATE!
May even get some of the Demon flesh left over when Jaheshua (Jesus) cast the Legion into
the heard of swine and they ran violently into the sea! YUM.
I guess I shouldn't joke around.
The 10 commandments do not say thou shalt not eat swine
But scripture is full off reference to the unclean swine.
It is for those who wish to be pleasing to GOD who will refrain from eating pork.
Do good and grow in grace and truth.
There is no law against doing good.

?

oeN

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 04:25:21 AM »
Frank Lee I'm having little time at the moment and my poor english doesn't allow me to explain things properly, but as soon as I get more Time, I'll spend it Explaining the wonders of the Bible with Scientific proofs. Thanks for your kind words. G-d bless You my brother!