Flight times between Australia and South America

• 70 Replies

rvlvr

Re: Flight times between Australia and South America
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »
Oh man, that'd be the day.

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 06:57:55 AM »
2) A person can try to book a direct flight from Australia to South America all they want. Those flights do not take place on a daily basis (I see Petey on here stating they offer six flights a week...I bet none of those actually go fulfilled).If you do book the flight, be prepared to not only lose the cost of the deposit, but also be prepared to be placed on a two or three stop flight due to any myriad of airline related foul ups.
It seems an act of complete desperation to argue that airlines are advertising and offering flights that either don't exist, or take multiples of the advertised time, with multiple stops. Where are all the complaints from severely annoyed passengers, or would-be passengers? Why would the airlines do something that's only going to cause them trouble? In the case where the flight takes longer, and multiple stops, why would the airlines offer something that would inevitably lose them money? If the Earth really were flat, such that the direct flights were impossible, why wouldn't the airlines simply claim that the direct routes were uneconomic, and not offer them?
I am a passenger and I want to go from Australia to Chile.

I book one of the direct flights.

I arrive at the airport that very day and when I arrive, a customer service agent states to me:

"Sir, we are very sorry but the direct flight has been cancelled because of rules prohibiting pilot operating hours; however, we are have made these alternate arrangements for you."

If I complain a lot (probably not) the agent offers a voucher for 50 bucks off my next flight...

Not too big a deal...

Who is going to argue against caps on pilot operating hours?

Nobody.

Airlines make more money off multiple stops.
While it may be possible, do you have anything to support your supposition?

Mike
Yes, the reality of caps on pilot operating hours.
I actually meant that it's what happens to these flights.

Not that it matters. We can follow the flights online or even reach out to someone to see the liftoff and landing.
 Short of actually taking the flight it's the best you can do.

Although, a go find me to send a FEer on the flight would put the question to bed without having to rely on what you consider untrustworthy sources. That's probably the fastest way to put it to rest.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82 to produce a penny, putting in your 2 if really worth 3.64.

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 07:07:40 AM »
Only non-refundable when booking through third party sites for the cheapest seats.  I just checked Qantas.com and they have refundable options there.
This appears to be untrue.

First flight I tried was subject to 200 USD cancellation fere and then other charges simply to switch itinerary.

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 07:17:19 AM »
Only non-refundable when booking through third party sites for the cheapest seats.  I just checked Qantas.com and they have refundable options there.

First flight I tried was subject to 200 USD cancellation fere and then other charges simply to switch itinerary.

I know someone personally who claims to have been to the Santiago and Austria so I can ask any questions of them you want. I still do not know if the person can be trusted but it could be interesting to ask.

NAZA

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:25 AM »

I know someone personally who claims to have been to the Santiago and Austria so I can ask any questions of them you want. I still do not know if the person can be trusted but it could be interesting to ask.

If this person claims to have been on this flight then of course he can not be trusted.  Duh.
[/flatterlogic]

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:23 AM »

If this person claims to have been on this flight then of course he can not be trusted.  Duh.
[/flatterlogic]

Well... exactly! We can trust the answers that are truthful and align with our real observations of a flat infinitely long but finite special planar surface. It is exactly flat!

?

frenat

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:19 AM »

check farther out.  I looked for some in May and there were option listed with no cancellation fee.

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »

When I did this on Qantas' site yesterday it displayed the policy a full refund is you cancel before the day departure and a no show or the day of departure it $500/person.  I don't remember seeing $200.  I'll have to look again when I get home tonight.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82 to produce a penny, putting in your 2 if really worth 3.64.

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »
There is more than 100.000.000 flat earth believer and about 500.000 of them are living in Australia.
Citation needed.

But neither in Brasil, nor in Australia a flat earth believer flown to the other continent.
I wonder why?
Is it because they know it would destroy the FE model?
Is it because when they do they realise FE is nonsense and discard it?

All the claims made as "we flight Santiago from Sydney" all are rounders. So all of them are suspicious. This is main problem.
Yes, this is your main problem. Any evidence which contradicts you, you dismiss as suspicious.
There is nothing suspicious about it.

Rounders always say "hey man, go, run to Santiago, cmoooonn". But none of us have done it. Because it is not exist.
Really? Now you are claiming a city doesn't exist?

I take it you realised your latest FE map doesn't work with it either?

Why don't you accept the evidence and accept Earth is round rather than continually every piece of evidence presented which shows Earth is round.

Who is the more dishonest person?
The one that honestly presents and accepts evidence, or the one that dismisses it as fake because it contradicts them and comes from someone that doesn't agree with them?

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2018, 01:16:25 PM »
Non-refundable has a lot to do with it if one was doing a study on whether or not these flights actually exist.
No it doesn't.
It doesn't matter if the cost is refundable or not. You book the flight, you take it, you verify its existence.

I do plan on on saving enough money to take a trip down under in the future and it would include a week in Australia and a week in Chile.

That takes money (about 6 weeks salary for the airfare alone) and I cannot afford to waste it booking the flight and then losing the money just because...
But you would be taking the flight regardless? So why would you lose the money?

I arrive at the airport that very day and when I arrive, a customer service agent states to me:
"Sir, we are very sorry but the direct flight has been cancelled because of rules prohibiting pilot operating hours; however, we have made these alternate arrangements for you."
If that was the case they wouldn't have the flight pretend to fly with tracking and flight details on sights like flightaware or flightradar.

Airlines make more money off multiple stops.
Airlines make more money off of routes which are flown by lots of people.
If a journey between 2 cities isn't used by enough people it is more profitable to have an indirect journey which contains several routes used by lots of people or just a short leg used by few people.

But if that was going to be their motivation, why provide a claim of a direct flight? Why not just offer the flight and have it be an indirect one?
Especially with repeatedly discarding the flight having the airline deemed unreliable.

Most people would not argue the issue of a cap on pilot operating hours
No, they would argue the issue of the airline being too incompetent to have enough employees to be able to fulfil all their flights.

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
Once I get more data in as far as how many of these flights actually take off and do not get re-routed, we shall see.
How do you intend to get this data? On the face of it, you'd only believe it if you boarded such a plane, and it didn't get re-routed.

You could try looking at the Sydney and Santiago departures and arrivals web pages. It would cause no end of confusion for actual passengers and those meeting them if those pages were systematically inaccurate.