Properties that the Earth shares with a Round Earth

• 87 Replies

Tessa Yuri

• The shortest distance between two points is a lie.
Re: Properties that the Earth shares with a Round Earth
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2018, 04:22:27 AM »
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO SHOW IT BACKS YOU UP!!
I have done so. You have not directly addressed any of my arguments for a holographic Earth, just flippantly said they're wrong with no justification. I don't have to convince you in order to be correct. Claiming that your disbelief is disproof is fallacious.
Tessa believes in the scientific method.
Yuri believes the Earth is a flat disk.
     _________              _________         _________
.<`X######I---I|    |I[][][][][][][][]I|     |I[][][][][][][][]I|
-=o--o====o--o=-=o-o====o-o=-=o-o====o-o=

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2018, 04:28:11 AM »
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO SHOW IT BACKS YOU UP!!
I have done so.
Again, STOP LYING!!!
You have claimed it backs up you.
You are yet to show how it does that.

You have not directly addressed any of my arguments for a holographic Earth
Because the issue isn't if Earth is holographic or not, but if it is round or flat.
Perhaps you can try to address the issue rather than continually resort to pathetic red herrings?

just flippantly said they're wrong with no justification.
There you go lying yet again.
Is your position really that weak that you need to repeatedly lie about those who don't accept your BS?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2018, 04:29:40 AM »
You have not directly addressed any of my arguments for a holographic Earth
Because the issue isn't if Earth is holographic or not, but if it is round or flat.
Perhaps you can try to address the issue rather than continually resort to pathetic red herrings?
Explain why it is a red herring, please?

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2018, 04:31:21 AM »
Explain why it is a red herring, please?
Because rather than trying to address if Earth is flat or round, it is a completely different issue.

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Again, the definition of 'flat' I am using is 'best represented as a plane'.
What criteria determine 'best represented as...' ?
That is a really good question. It's very subjective, isn't it? For me, my romanticism decides that.

If the very definition of a term is subjective, doesn't that render it somewhat meaningless in the sense that it loses the power to communicate anything?

I find myself coming back to my earlier question - is there anything you don't believe is flat?

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2018, 02:41:42 PM »
If you still imagine itís flat, provide some similar evidence.
I have done so many times.

I have explained many, many times why the ISS's existence doesn't disqualify a flat Earth. I do not believe in your strawman.
You have asserted I am wrong without providing counter-evidence against the arguments I am making.
Please do so.

What Strawman?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
What Strawman?
Using images from the ISS showing the Earth as round and claiming I do not believe in gravity.

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
Again, the definition of 'flat' I am using is 'best represented as a plane'.
What criteria determine 'best represented as...' ?
That is a really good question. It's very subjective, isn't it? For me, my romanticism decides that.

Earth is best represented as a sphere, not a a plane.
The fact you say it has properties of a sphere, instead of properties of a plane helps show this.

In what delusional ways is Earth best represented as a plane?
Noting that should mean you can do so without distortion, without having to have multiple scales, and being able to move around objects without needing to distort them.
If you're already dismissing any arguments I present in the future as 'delusional', and claiming to know my intent, motives, and thoughts, I don't think I can have a rational or productive conversation with you here.

As far as I can see, you need to come out of Plato's cave, before you and I can have any rational discussion.
The earth is globe, and as long as you stay in the cave you can't see it.
So I'll remain on the sidelines and watch the bullshit get thrown back and forth.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
As far as I can see, you need to come out of Plato's cave, before you and I can have any rational discussion.
The earth is globe, and as long as you stay in the cave you can't see it.
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting, but it seems like you're saying that until I believe in the globe Earth, it is impossible for me to present a valid argument. Is that an accurate interpretation?

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »
The flat Earth is flat, but has the properties of a sphere. Everything works as described by science, it's just also flat. That's not a statement of what I consider objective fact, that's just my belief, I don't think it's possible to have an objective fact.

In that case, it would look like a sphere from space, distances across its surface would be as predicted for a spere, and opposite edges would be instantaneously linked so as to have zero distance between them. There would never be anything about it that suggested that it was flat. So why would you think it was flat?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 09:01:57 PM »
The flat Earth is flat, but has the properties of a sphere. Everything works as described by science, it's just also flat. That's not a statement of what I consider objective fact, that's just my belief, I don't think it's possible to have an objective fact.

In that case, it would look like a sphere from space, distances across its surface would be as predicted for a spere, and opposite edges would be instantaneously linked so as to have zero distance between them. There would never be anything about it that suggested that it was flat. So why would you think it was flat?
Because, as the OP to this thread says, and as we've been discussing, it would have properties explicable only if it was flat.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »

Because, as the OP to this thread says, and as we've been discussing, it would have properties explicable only if it was flat.
No, "the OP to this thread" does not say "it would have properties explicable only if it was flat". It simply asked the question.
What properties of a round Earth does the one we live on not share?

So what properties does the "real earth" have that are "explicable only if it was flat"?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
No, "the OP to this thread" does not say "it would have properties explicable only if it was flat". It simply asked the question.
Apologies, my bad.

So what properties does the "real earth" have that are "explicable only if it was flat"?
It is able to be represented on a planar map (one with a Gaussian curvature of 0) without any distortion.

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2018, 01:12:17 AM »
Apologies, my bad.

It is able to be represented on a planar map (one with a Gaussian curvature of 0) without any distortion.

Aside from dropping various key words in your posts, I doubt you have any real knowledge of the areas you comment on. Have you ever produced a map? What expertise do you have in this area? I think google maps might have an issue with your statement as would every other map making organisation in the world who all opperate on the principle that the earth is a sphere. Have you ever seen an accurate FE map? No because no such thing exists.
But if you want to really learn something about Cartography go do a course.
http://www.cartography.org.uk/becoming-a-cartographer/
You appear to claim a wide range of expertise in subjects as diverse as string theory and Cartography, so just what is your background?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2018, 01:58:06 AM »
Since you claim that, may I assume that you have a copy of said "planar map (one with a Gaussian curvature of 0) without any distortion"?

If you do not have that copy, how can you justify saying that "It is able to be represented on a planar map"?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
Since you claim that, may I assume that you have a copy of said "planar map (one with a Gaussian curvature of 0) without any distortion"?
Not only do I have one version, I have two!
I'll present them in a separate thread provided all my other threads are quieting down. (no one ever told me being a flat Earther was so much work!)

You appear to claim a wide range of expertise in subjects as diverse as string theory and Cartography, so just what is your background?
You seem to be labouring under a false notion that I'm presenting ideas I've come up with on my own. I don't have expertise in (many of) the fields we've been discussing, just comprehension. And if you want my life story, you've gotta take me out to dinner first.

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »
Not only do I have one version, I have two!
I'll present them in a separate thread provided all my other threads are quieting down. (no one ever told me being a flat Earther was so much work!)

You seem to be labouring under a false notion that I'm presenting ideas I've come up with on my own. I don't have expertise in (many of) the fields we've been discussing, just comprehension. And if you want my life story, you've gotta take me out to dinner first.

Funny!
The problem is you have to become a bit more discerning about what you choose to believe, and maybe give up cherry picking and be a bit more consistent.
Have you ever used google earth? How do you think it was put together? Also I would drop all the silly jargon you use otherwise you might end up like someone else on this forum.
All those scientists whose work you appear to read, how do you think they would respond to the shape of the earth question? Flat or spherical?
Science builds on things a bit like a wall take a brick out and it all comes crashing down. Like I said a belief in string theory, not proven by the way, demands a belief in gravity...you donít like gravity! So where does that leave your string theory love. Same for black holes, it demands again a belief in gravity, general relativity and mainstream Astronomy and physics, all of which have shown the earth to be spherical. Your a contradiction.
How far do you think the sun is from the earth?
How do you think the sun is powered?
Do you believe in space flight?
What makes you imagine the earth is flat?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2018, 07:28:55 PM »
Science builds on things a bit like a wall take a brick out and it all comes crashing down. Like I said a belief in string theory, not proven by the way, demands a belief in gravity...you donít like gravity!
I love gravity. Please link me to one post I've made denigrating Einstein or his theories of relativity.

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »
Science builds on things a bit like a wall take a brick out and it all comes crashing down. Like I said a belief in string theory, not proven by the way, demands a belief in gravity...you donít like gravity!
I love gravity. Please link me to one post I've made denigrating Einstein or his theories of relativity.
You love gravity, you love Einstein.
I remember you stating in a recent post on your RE thingy that you were not to fond of gravity, I think you said Ďit got you downí or some such.
Have you always been inconsistent?

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »
I remember you stating in a recent post on your RE thingy that you were not to fond of gravity, I think you said Ďit got you downí or some such.
You 'remember'? You 'think'? Haha, funny joke, but a complete sidestep of my question.

I asked for a link. Shouldn't be too hard, just go to my profile and scroll through my posts, Ctrl+F on each page for "Einstein" and "relativity" and see if you can find something.

I'll spoil it: you won't find any post I've made denigrating Einstein or his theories of relativity.

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 08:42:19 PM »
You 'remember'? You 'think'? Haha, funny joke, but a complete sidestep of my question.

I asked for a link. Shouldn't be too hard, just go to my profile and scroll through my posts, Ctrl+F on each page for "Einstein" and "relativity" and see if you can find something.

I'll spoil it: you won't find any post I've made denigrating Einstein or his theories of relativity.
If you think Iím going to look back through all the crap on this site because you canít remember what you said, you must have a conspiratorial  screw loose.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
If you think Iím going to look back through all the crap on this site because you canít remember what you said, you must have a conspiratorial  screw loose.
I can't remember what I've said?

Nononono, let me remind you (with links, wow!) of what you said.

You made a positive claim.
you donít like gravity!

Then I challenged you to prove it.

Then you sidestepped.

Then I demanded proof again.

So the burden of proof is most definitely on you here.

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
I can't remember what I've said?

Nononono, let me remind you (with links, wow!) of what you said.

You made a positive claim.
you donít like gravity!

Then I challenged you to prove it.

Then you sidestepped.

Then I demanded proof again.

So the burden of proof is most definitely on you here.
No sidestep, you just chose to change your mind, possibly your confused due to all the floating around given how you hate gravity.
But wait, imagine if you loved and embraced gravity, what do you think it would do to a pile of dust and debris floating in space?   .    .........corectomundo!
It would eventually form a sphere after reaching some 600 km in dia if it were rock, but different if ice or gas.
If you love gravity you gotta love spherical planets, it goes with the territory. If not you have to go and invent some new laws.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
No sidestep, you just chose to change your mind, possibly your confused due to all the floating around given how you hate gravity.
Please link to a post I've made expressing my hatred of gravity, or concede that you cannot.

Or, the third option is to do neither of those things, demonstrating intellectual dishonesty.

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »
Please link to a post I've made expressing my hatred of gravity, or concede that you cannot.

Or, the third option is to do neither of those things, demonstrating intellectual dishonesty.
Thatís right you ignore my post and have youíre wee rant. What you really canít see is the connection between gravity and the spherical nature of planets. I really think youíre a lost cause. Inconsistency and cherry picking, thatís you Iím afraid.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
Thatís right you ignore my post
Oh, I ignore your post?

Guess you selected intellectual dishonesty. If you want me to reply to your next post in this thread, please do one of the following:
a) present a link to a post I've made where I demonstrate a 'hate' of Einstein or his theories, or
b) admit that you cannot find such a post

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
Thatís right you ignore my post
Oh, I ignore your post?

Guess you selected intellectual dishonesty. If you want me to reply to your next post in this thread, please do one of the following:
a) present a link to a post I've made where I demonstrate a 'hate' of Einstein or his theories, or
b) admit that you cannot find such a post
Have to go fly fly time....Iíll get back to you, in the meantime go read a book on planetary formation, and the parallel nature of light.

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »
You have asserted this several times, but you are yet to back it up.
Note: Encoding it on a surface as part of a holographic universe is not representing in on a planar map.
Just like representing it as a computer model on a hard drive is not a planar map.

(no one ever told me being a flat Earther was so much work!)
The reason it is so much work is because you continually make assertions without backing them up and make numerous threads on basically the same topic, resulting in the same thing being said across multiple threads.
That and the fact that all the evidence in the world points to Earth being round, and thus being a flat Earther requires you to ignore all that evidence.