Satellites and their use in flat earth theory?

• 17 Replies
Satellites and their use in flat earth theory?
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »
Hi, first post here, I like the flat earth theory and am open to the idea, although the one thing bugging me is that I cannot figure why satellites would need to be built and launched if space doesn't exist and we are effectively in a dome, and if they are hanging up there, how are they doing it, what would be their use, if they are not real, what happens to them?

Communication satellite projects run into their hundreds of millions, from concept, design, building and finally its launch, why would the satellite industry keep going and launching more, seen as Nasa has effectively ended its space travel exploration for the time being, it would be the perfect time to slow the industry down right?

Thanks in advance, Flat Earthers!

Re: Satellites and their use in flat earth theory?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
Heart's got nothing to do with truth: what matters isn't what you'd like to be the case, what matters is what is the case. Launch a satellite, what happens? The space company gets paid plenty of money. Don't put much work into the design, you get a huge gain. Launch it, let it burn up (amazing how re-entry is meant to be nearly unsurvivable but it's routine to send things up) and reap the profits.

Yendor

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
Heart's got nothing to do with truth: what matters isn't what you'd like to be the case, what matters is what is the case. Launch a satellite, what happens? The space company gets paid plenty of money. Don't put much work into the design, you get a huge gain. Launch it, let it burn up (amazing how re-entry is meant to be nearly unsurvivable but it's routine to send things up) and reap the profits.

I have to add to WeissEdel's post, it keeps the dream alive.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:07:44 AM »
Satelites are real guys, just watch the sky between dusk or down hours. Slowly drifting points of light is what you will see, use binoculars and you will see antennas, and solar panels.
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
Satelites are real guys, just watch the sky between dusk or down hours. Slowly drifting points of light is what you will see, use binoculars and you will see antennas, and solar panels.

Understand the concept of a lie before you embarass yourself. It's impossible to make out any detail on those pinpricks of light, everyone admits that. Even if they were large enough and close enough to be seen, the speed they move at along with how little you can see through a telescope renders the aim impossible. You might glance it, but as it wouldn't look like what you'd expect, you'd assume you saw something different.
You're being lied to. Accept it, admit it, and move on.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 10:10:59 AM »

Understand the concept of a lie before you embarass yourself. It's impossible to make out any detail on those pinpricks of light, everyone admits that. Even if they were large enough and close enough to be seen, the speed they move at along with how little you can see through a telescope renders the aim impossible. You might glance it, but as it wouldn't look like what you'd expect, you'd assume you saw something different.

Allright it's a lie, but wait a minute maybe you are the one who is lying.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »

Allright it's a lie, but wait a minute maybe you are the one who is lying.

I'm convinced. A big circle could only ever be a photo taken from a satellite. Wow. Such overwhelming evidence.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:40:45 AM by WeissEdel »

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »
I did not say it was evidence, since you claimed I was lying, I simply claimed you was. It's your word against mine and vica versa. Btw I am convinced earth is very much flat.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »
I did not say it was evidence, since you claimed I was lying, I simply claimed you was. It's your word against mine and vica versa. Btw I am convinced earth is very much flat.

I did not say you were lying, try again. Now I'm going to call you a liar as you clearly just did lie.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
Replying to WeissEdel first response.

Satellites leaving the globe earth on a rocket have a protective shell, which the satellite itself doesn't leave until in orbit, they do not have protection should they re-enter, so this would go against what you say?

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »
Replying to WeissEdel first response.

Satellites leaving the globe earth on a rocket have a protective shell, which the satellite itself doesn't leave until in orbit, they do not have protection should they re-enter, so this would go against what you say?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. If a protective shell is so easy to have one way, it should be similarly easy to have the other way: and yet the difficulty of exiting isn't what everyone talks about, it's always re-entry. Perhaps an excuse to explain why there's so little recovered from space.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:42 PM »
Sorry, didn't explain that very well.

The satellite is positioned on top of the rocket in a protective pod with thrusters, different and larger thrusters are used to get to different heights and fall back down to earth, leaving the pod with smaller thrusters to reach its final position, the pod then opens, releasing the satellite.

This is what was meant by no more protection, the satellite then has its own thrusters to keep correcting its path to stay in its correct orbit.

So now, without its pod, the satellite would break up on re-entry because it would need to fold back its solar panels, fit back into its pod, which has fallen away by this point to stand a chance of re-entry?

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »
Satellites seem to work for broadcast tv.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »
Satellites seem to work for broadcast tv.

Yeah, because it is inconceivable for broadcast TV to ever come from, say, ground based antennas.  ::)

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
Is broadcast TV now part of your Great Conspiracy? 

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
Radio signals can only come from outer space now, lol.  You roundies grasp at every straw you can find.   

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »
Radio signals can only come from outer space now, lol.  You roundies grasp at every straw you can find.
As said before the existance of A does not prove the non existance of B.

Who said 'only'?

Please provide details of the transmitters that satellite dishes point at as requested previously.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:04 AM »
As said before the existance of A does not prove the non existance of B.

Who said 'only'?

Please provide details of the transmitters that satellite dishes point at as requested previously.
Still waiting.