What is the reason you are a Flat Earther

• 30 Replies
What is the reason you are a Flat Earther
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:19:04 PM »
To the Flat Earthers on this forum what is it that caused you to become a Flat Earther?  I'm asking this because I think it's easier to show you why the Earth is round if I understand what your reasoning is for thinking the Earth is Flat as then I can focus mainly on addressing the specific reasons you think the Earth is flat.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: What is the reason you are a Flat Earther
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:30 AM »
The fact that most RE'ers are an embarrassment to the species is reason enough.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:00:11 AM »
Most flat earthers just enjoy trolling internet forums.  Some are genuinely mentally disturbed, however they are definitely in the minority.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 07:25:36 AM »
I looked out my window. You should try it. :D
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »

Could you explain how most people who acknowledge that the Earth is round are an embarrassment to the species?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »
Have you not seen the ridiculous arguments put forth by RE'ers?  Just because you believe the Earth is round does not make you intelligent.  Basically, see any post by sokarul, Master_Evar, TexasH, etc.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 02:37:10 PM »
Most flat earthers just enjoy trolling internet forums.  Some are genuinely mentally disturbed, however they are definitely in the minority.

Gonna just quote this, to answer acgusta. Round Earthers can't be bothered to have any kind of discussion, so they insult and try to discredit the people rather than an argument. Even trolls grow tired of them, I remember hearing about Testify. It's just idiocy.
For people who believe Flat Earthers are entirely trolls and lunatics, you have to wonder why they engage in so much angry debate.

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »

Actually, you got this all backwards.

FLAT EARTHERS ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE SPECIES - ALL OF THEM.

Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

Alexandra1973

• Christian geocentrist. Round or flat--not sure!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 01:17:13 PM »

If you look closely, that picture really shows no curvature of the earth.  Could've been taken at an angle--like in the old Batman TV show.

How would FE's be an embarrassment?  What if they're right?  If you're confident and secure in what you believe, you wouldn't feel threatened or feel the need to ridicule if someone else thinks differently.  Understanding how the other person thinks would be helpful too.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 12:15:48 AM »
Look at earth from space, the spin makes it kind of flat around the equator. Therefore i'm a flat earther.
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 01:08:13 AM »

If you look closely, that picture really shows no curvature of the earth.  Could've been taken at an angle--like in the old Batman TV show.

How would FE's be an embarrassment?  What if they're right?  If you're confident and secure in what you believe, you wouldn't feel threatened or feel the need to ridicule if someone else thinks differently.  Understanding how the other person thinks would be helpful too.
It does show a curvature, and I can just barely see it. It's super clear in an image editor.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 01:50:08 AM »

If you lived in Switzerland and looked out your window, would you conclude that earth is entirely mountains?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 02:50:04 AM »

If you lived in Switzerland and looked out your window, would you conclude that earth is entirely mountains?
I'd think it was entirely populated by dodgy bankers and posh watch makers.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 05:16:56 AM »

I'd think it was entirely populated by dodgy bankers and posh watch makers.
Then I'd think I lived on the forest moon, because all I can see are trees and Wookiees.
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »

I tried it and I couldn't see Las Vegas from my home in Utah.  If it were really so obvious that Earth were flat then feel free to enter my challenge where you can earn $250 and make a flat earther out of me if you just point out one thing that the round Earth model predicts which we don't observe in reality.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

B_Rock

• I Know God Is Real
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 07:34:51 AM »
Because the people running this planet are demon possessed Saturn (Satan) worshippers who would loose all their power if we knew the truths they have been hiding from us for centuries.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »
I just arrived here at FES forum a year ago when a silly RE's announced he could fly to the Moon and back and had thus won my Challenge about it. But nobody can win my Challenge.

My Challenge is just great FUN! Plenty silly, stupid, mentally ill, crazy people believe in UFOs, Russians and dogs in space, later in American air force pilots that couldn't fly but looked good and thus could be presented as astronauts, etc. They do not realize all is just Hollywood FUN. In the confusion some people suggest Earth is flat too. Why not? I do not live in North Korea and can still open my mouth.

Regardless, it seems to be possible to send up satellites. Because people buy rocket engines from Airbus NV that I am a shareholder of.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

You're wrong, I just checked the file in an image editor against a straight line and it does in fact show a curve. I could have just got a ruler out against the screen but...ah whatever....
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »
souls need a place to be put to learn and grow. In the void(heaven) there is no time and space. Experiencing the personality changing lessons learned in such a reality; that we presently learn on earth; are inconsequential in the void since time has no beginning and end. but when we are put in an aquarium built exclusively for destructive humans who are on a kindergarten level of learning phase we can see how cause/effect work and thus make a lasting changes of who we really are, not just the persona of surface conciousness. Flat earth is just a fail-safe system so we can't leave and cause destruction to all the other souls in existence.
"If you were me, then I'd be you. You can't stop me no matter who you are!" - Ace Ventura pet detective

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:54 PM »

You're wrong, I just checked the file in an image editor against a straight line and it does in fact show a curve. I could have just got a ruler out against the screen but...ah whatever....

Also, why does the moon appear to be so far away in this pic?
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

?

frenat

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 06:06:12 AM »

Also, why does the moon appear to be so far away in this pic?
It depends on the lens used.  The Moon only takes up about 1/2 of a degree when viewed from the Earth.  If they used a wide angle lens that could be the correct size.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 06:20:46 AM »
I became a flat Earther after examining the mountains of evidence that the Earth is flat and not round, as I had been brainwashed to believe.  If they can lie to you about the shape of the Earth, just imagine what else those unscrupulous cads are capable of lying about. 

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
I became a flat Earther after examining the mountains of evidence that the Earth is flat and not round, as I had been brainwashed to believe.  If they can lie to you about the shape of the Earth, just imagine what else those unscrupulous cads are capable of lying about.

Well fortunately ALL evidence shows a round earth so you'll be glad to know you haven't been lied to.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »

Well fortunately ALL evidence shows a round earth so you'll be glad to know you haven't been lied to.

I know you roundies ignore all evidence that goes against your theory, but are you now claiming that the government never lies to you and me? 

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »

I know you roundies ignore all evidence that goes against your theory, but are you now claiming that the government never lies to you and me?

So you can quote some evidence against a round earth that we have ignored?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »
To the Flat Earthers on this forum what is it that caused you to become a Flat Earther?  I'm asking this because I think it's easier to show you why the Earth is round if I understand what your reasoning is for thinking the Earth is Flat as then I can focus mainly on addressing the specific reasons you think the Earth is flat.

Initially it was the number of assumptions required for RET. Now it's the fact REers resort to open lies and hypocrisy to defend their model: if they were secure enough for honest debate, you'd expect them to actually be capable of it.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »
An image taken from a high altitude balloon on Dec. 20, 2014, shows the curvature of the Earth taken with a fish-eye lens, with the towering Rocky Mountains below.  Patrick Cullis, courtesy of Royal Museums Greenwich

x-15 60 miles up not taken with a fish-eye lens.

If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »

There is zero evidence of the ball Earth theory, none. None has ever been shown anywhere because there is is no curve, no curve not a ball, not a ball you can not call it a sphere. Like all ballTards you do not have any physical proof of the ball Earth theory, period.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 02:28:36 AM »

There is zero evidence of the ball Earth theory, none. None has ever been shown anywhere because there is is no curve, no curve not a ball, not a ball you can not call it a sphere. Like all ballTards you do not have any physical proof of the ball Earth theory, period.

There is even less but even more ridiculous "evidence" that the Earth is flat. But I really like this forum. Never thought that such a species of "people" really exists. They probably also don`t believe in Aids or Malaria or Cancer....these diseases are made up from the government, there is no single proof that they exist. They also believe that America (does America even exists? I never went there so I assume it is just fake and a lie made up from world government) is led by Reptiloids that are disguised as humans...

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:29 AM »
An image taken from a high altitude balloon on Dec. 20, 2014, shows the curvature of the Earth taken with a fish-eye lens, with the towering Rocky Mountains below.  Patrick Cullis, courtesy of Royal Museums Greenwich

x-15 60 miles up not taken with a fish-eye lens.

But I thought photos were out of bounds on this forum, seeing as how they can be easily manipulated?
Plenty of photos exist showing the earth to be spherical, and yet they are ignored.
Either photos can constitute evidence, or they can't.
Choose which one.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.