Magnetism proves Round Earth

• 33 Replies

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: Magnetism proves Round Earth
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »
Yes Magnets prove the Earth is round

All known magnets have the poles at opposite ends of the magnet with the North on one end and the South at the other end.

The flat Earth Hypothesis if it can be called that says that the North pole is in the middle of the Earth while the South pole is a ring around the Earth.  Now I have never seen a magnet with one pole in the middle of the magnet and the other pole as a ring around the edge.  Flat Earthers can you provide any examples of a magnet with one pole in the middle and the other as a circle around the edge? The Earth's Magnetic Field contradicts the Flat Earth hypothesis.

Master_Evar, do you ever get tired of being wrong?  I honestly don't know why you even try to refute any post of mine.  All you end up doing is looking foolish.

Quote from: Title
You still have not read the title of the thread? Try to read it, it helps understanding what the topic is. Also, italic text.

I read it.  It's even in the body of the OP.  However, the OP is wrong and based on an incorrect understanding of electromagnetism (sorry, smaller word for you: magnets).  The text in italics is the part where they conclude their argument against the FE, again with an incorrect model of electromagnetism (damn, big word, sorry: magnetic field) of the FE.

Just stop, you are not helping your case.  You are constantly wrong in every thread you reply to me in.  If you would stop, no one would see your ignorance.  I will say, however, I do rather enjoy it, as your posts are always good for a laugh.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 12:04:40 AM »
Yes Magnets prove the Earth is round

All known magnets have the poles at opposite ends of the magnet with the North on one end and the South at the other end.

The flat Earth Hypothesis if it can be called that says that the North pole is in the middle of the Earth while the South pole is a ring around the Earth.  Now I have never seen a magnet with one pole in the middle of the magnet and the other pole as a ring around the edge.  Flat Earthers can you provide any examples of a magnet with one pole in the middle and the other as a circle around the edge? The Earth's Magnetic Field contradicts the Flat Earth hypothesis.

Master_Evar, do you ever get tired of being wrong?  I honestly don't know why you even try to refute any post of mine.  All you end up doing is looking foolish.

Quote from: Title
You still have not read the title of the thread? Try to read it, it helps understanding what the topic is. Also, italic text.

I read it.  It's even in the body of the OP.  However, the OP is wrong and based on an incorrect understanding of electromagnetism (sorry, smaller word for you: magnets).  The text in italics is the part where they conclude their argument against the FE, again with an incorrect model of electromagnetism (damn, big word, sorry: magnetic field) of the FE.

Just stop, you are not helping your case.  You are constantly wrong in every thread you reply to me in.  If you would stop, no one would see your ignorance.  I will say, however, I do rather enjoy it, as your posts are always good for a laugh.

Try to follow with the conversation here, eh? I just stated that TexasH's post was on topic. And it definitely followed with the conversation, as it stated an inconsistency disk magnets have with earth's magnetic field, after quoting your post were you state that a disk magnet can work on a flat earth. Wrongly accusing people for being inconsistent is an ignorant move.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 08:06:33 PM »
Try to follow with the conversation here, eh?
I was driving the conversation, therefore, by default, I was following it.

And it definitely followed with the conversation, as it stated an inconsistency disk magnets have with earth's magnetic field,
Which was not the conversation.  It was about the apparent 'fact' that a magnet with a North pole in the middle and a South pole on the outer ring was impossible.

after quoting your post were you state that a disk magnet can work on a flat earth.
I'm pretty sure magnets would work whether the Earth is round or flat.  ???

Wrongly accusing people for being inconsistent is an ignorant move.
Actually, I accused you of consistently being wrong.  Thanks for proving it.  Again. 

Since I have proven the OP to be inconsistent with reality and you RE'ers have agreed, I suppose this is a dead topic. 

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »
Try to follow with the conversation here, eh?
I was driving the conversation, therefore, by default, I was following it.

And it definitely followed with the conversation, as it stated an inconsistency disk magnets have with earth's magnetic field,
Which was not the conversation.  It was about the apparent 'fact' that a magnet with a North pole in the middle and a South pole on the outer ring was impossible.

after quoting your post were you state that a disk magnet can work on a flat earth.
I'm pretty sure magnets would work whether the Earth is round or flat.  ???

Wrongly accusing people for being inconsistent is an ignorant move.
Actually, I accused you of consistently being wrong.  Thanks for proving it.  Again. 

Since I have proven the OP to be inconsistent with reality and you RE'ers have agreed, I suppose this is a dead topic.

The conversation was about wether or not a flat earth could have a magnetic field. TexasH then stated that wether it worked or not, it would not be consistent with the magnetic field that we can observe/measure. I also stated that in my first post, that a magnetic field could exist on a flat earth, but it would be very inconsistent with the magnetic field we observe and measure. Since the topic was that magnetism proves round earth, wether or not the OP's argument is refuted or not it is very much on topic, and so the thread is not dead, and it obviously followed with the conversation.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!