Antarctic scientists are drunks

• 26 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Antarctic scientists are drunks
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »
Antarctica is populated by drunks.  Next time you people tell me that people have seen this or that in Antarctica, I will ask if they also saw pink elephants and point to this article, lol. 

http://www.wired.com/2015/10/scientists-antarctica-drink-lot-maybe-much/

Re: Antarctic scientists are drunks
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
Plenty of tourists and mountain climbers that go there to complete the Explorers Grand Slam.  Are they drunk too?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
I wish I could go there too, to hang out with the partying scientists.  Ooh, the stories I would come back with.  It sounds better than Daytona Beach at spring break. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:56:28 PM »
And they also use tinder.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/02/tinder-makes-its-first-match-in-antarctica.html

Do you have a not fucking retarded point?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »
Here is a point for you, sokarul:  Another win for the FES!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
So, no.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
You don't find it amusing that the government of the US is considering sending breathalyzers to Antarctica to make sure that the scientists are not drunk as hell when doing their jobs down there?  This is comedy gold. 

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »
Antarctica is populated by drunks.  Next time you people tell me that people have seen this or that in Antarctica, I will ask if they also saw pink elephants and point to this article, lol. 

What, drunk people can't do great things?
Did you know Beethoven was drunk? Are you implying he was a bad composer?
Van Gogh certaintly was very much drunk, you are basically saying he was a bad painter.

Mikhail Gorbatsjov was drunkest of them all, and he ended the cold war and freed Berlin. You are saying that was a bad thing. Why would you say that, are you really that evil? Why do you hate freedom and human rights?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:39:19 AM by Kogelblitz »
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 08:47:33 AM »
You don't find it amusing that the government of the US is considering sending breathalyzers to Antarctica to make sure that the scientists are not drunk as hell when doing their jobs down there?  This is comedy gold.

How is this different than other corporations? 

You stated you are a Marine.  I know for a fact the US government tests the military with breathalyzers and urine tests.

Alcohol abuse is not a laughing matter.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
You need to get out more. Seriously.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 08:09:52 PM »
You need to get out more. Seriously.

I disagree. When he's posting here or looking for stuff to post here, he's not trying to spread ignorance elsewhere.

Keep lookin' for gold, jroa, buddy!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 09:00:54 PM »

Yep, I agree, it's pretty funny.    I mean,  the nearest bar must be thousands of miles away.   But then the chances of being picked up for DUI are pretty slim...  :)

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »

Drug and alcohol testing is commonplace within companies and corporations - did you not know this?

You're clutching at straws again if you think your first post in any way has some relevance to your stance that Antarctica is somehow being misrepresented.

Awaiting your predictably lame reply with anticipation.
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 09:54:34 AM »
Did you read the article or just the headline? Alcohol abuse could be a sign of darkness depression as a result of 24 hours darkness. how was this possible on flat earth again? I forgot because you have so many different answers, escuse me.
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 10:38:45 AM »

There are many drunk people in Ireland, does that mean that Ireland doesn't exist?  According to your source, not all Antarctica scientists drink.  Flat earthers are getting very desperate for evidence.  Perhaps you should consider the possibility that the lack of evidence for flat Earth has something to do with the Earth not being flat.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 10:41:57 AM »
Flat earthers are getting very desperate for evidence.  Perhaps you should consider the possibility that the lack of evidence for flat Earth has something to do with the Earth not being flat.
Wanna take another crack? All this is for interest, the evidence for the Earth being flat is overwhelming. The debate's over, whether you want to admit it or not.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »
The South Pole is a funny place for both RE’s and FE’s. The sun rises in October and sets in March for about 4 400 hrs of day light over Christmas/New Year = South Pole summer. Then follow 4 400 hrs of darkness/winter. Reason is that the Sun is then shining above the North Pole for 4 400 hrs. I understand that SP locals = scientists (LOL) drink in the evening April to June that is 2 200 hrs long.  What else to do? Watch the snow flakes dropping?

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »
Flat earthers are getting very desperate for evidence.  Perhaps you should consider the possibility that the lack of evidence for flat Earth has something to do with the Earth not being flat.
Wanna take another crack? All this is for interest, the evidence for the Earth being flat is overwhelming. The debate's over, whether you want to admit it or not.

Care to name just one bit of evidence that actually stands up to scrutiny?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 11:55:01 AM »

Just use the search function rather than derailing a thread.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »

Just use the search function rather than derailing a thread.

It's obvious you cannot name even one bit of evidence that actually stands up to scrutiny. If you could, you would, but you can't, so you don't. The reason you can't is because there is none. There's no evidence (none, zero, zip, nil, nada, {}) that the Earth is flat because the Earth isn't flat. If you think there is evidence, let's see it.

There are a lot of arguments presented here that purport to show the Earth is flat. All of them are total bunk and have been shown to be exactly that. If you know of even one case were you think this is not true, let's see it. Instead of saying "go find it", why not tell us which arguments
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 08:04:33 PM »
Did you read the article or just the headline? Alcohol abuse could be a sign of darkness depression as a result of 24 hours darkness. how was this possible on flat earth again?
Maybe they drink because they reached the edge of the earth and couldn't handle what they saw when they looked into the abyss.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 02:53:19 AM »
Did you read the article or just the headline? Alcohol abuse could be a sign of darkness depression as a result of 24 hours darkness. how was this possible on flat earth again?
Maybe they drink because they reached the edge of the earth and couldn't handle what they saw when they looked into the abyss.
A bit like joining this forum then.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »

The evidence is OVERWHELMING?  Really?

What is the most overwhelming piece of evidence that the earth is flat?
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »

If that were true then you should have no trouble winning my $250 challenge linked in my forum signature.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
What is the most overwhelming piece of evidence that the earth is flat?
Look out your window.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »
I did some science this past weekend.  Most of a liter of bourbon and a case of beer worth of science, in fact.  I think I missed my calling; I could have been an Antarctic scientist.  Science is great!  ;D

?

guv

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »
I did some science this past weekend.  Most of a liter of bourbon and a case of beer worth of science, in fact.  I think I missed my calling; I could have been an Antarctic scientist.  Science is great!  ;D

Good stuff. Try it under the stars one night.