Starflip

• 41 Replies
Starflip
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »
Quick question, if earth is flat then why do star constellations appear flipped horizontally in the southern hemisphere compared to northern and vice versa?

Now I must be careful, if you try to cite the bible you will not be taken seriously. This is not a debate so do not attack the question. If you do not understand it, I suggest you STFU and go debate someone else. Keep it short and simple, Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:34:26 AM by Kogelblitz »
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Starflip
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:49:33 AM »
Quick question, if earth is flat then why do star constellations appear flipped horizontally in the southern hemisphere compared to northern and vice versa?

Now I must be careful, if you try to cite the bible you will not be taken seriously. This is not a debate so do not attack the question. If you do not understand it, I suggest you STFU and go debate someone else. Keep it short and simple, Thank you!

Take a portrait picture of someone and tape it to your ceiling.  From one side of the room, it will appear that the top of the person's head is at the top of your field of view.  From the opposite side of the room, it will appear that the top of their head is at the bottom.  I don't see what the problem is with constellations doing the same thing. 

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:20 AM »

Take a portrait picture of someone and tape it to your ceiling.  From one side of the room, it will appear that the top of the person's head is at the top of your field of view.  From the opposite side of the room, it will appear that the top of their head is at the bottom.  I don't see what the problem is with constellations doing the same thing.

Yes, but my roof is only two dimensions, while space is 3D, this creates a problem. If we assume space is flat like a roof over earth then yes problem is gone, but that's not possible is it?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
People only see in 2 dimensions.  Your brain is programmed to interpret the 2D pictures and perceive a 3D image, which you do not actually see.  It is the same when you look at stars or look at a portrait on the ceiling.  Please, try harder not to be wrong all the time. 

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
People only see in 2 dimensions.  Your brain is programmed to interpret the 2D pictures and perceive a 3D image, which you do not actually see.  It is the same when you look at stars or look at a portrait on the ceiling.  Please, try harder not to be wrong all the time.

Wow, how rude are you?

Sorry if I offended you with my question.

I actually have 3D sight, this is because I have more than 1 eye. Not that this have got anything to do with my problem, as we would observe the same thing with a camera or one eye.

Space isn't just a flat roof just over our heads, it is the volume of all things surrounding us streching maybe infinitely far away.

So I ask again maybe someone else might care to actually read the top post, why do constallations appear flipped horizontaly when observed from oposite hemispheres?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
If you actually have 3D vision, then you can see the back side of something, as well as the front side.  Please don't make yourself look so dumb. 

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
If you actually have 3D vision, then you can see the back side of something, as well as the front side.  Please don't make yourself look so dumb.

Why do you care what i look like, u gay or something?
Yes I can see behind things, everyone with two eyes can. I can see behind thin objects if I tilt head to make eyes axis normal to the objects axis. And why can't you answer a simple question? Is your brain damaged? Can you even read this?

Btw 3D sight has nothing what so ever to do with my original question.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 12:55:28 AM »
I am not suprised just a little disapointed that no flat earther can give me an answer. Maybe the question is hard to understand, so let me ask something else in the same cathegory.

What is the reason some constallations are only visible in the southern hemisphere, and some only in the northern?

Jroa if this is hard then I must simplify for your own needs. Why do stars pop in and out of view below horizon when observer is moving?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:59:02 AM by Kogelblitz »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:52:30 AM »
I am not suprised just a little disapointed that no flat earther can give me an answer. Maybe the question is hard to understand, so let me ask something else in the same cathegory.

What?  I gave you an answer in reply #1.  You not understanding an answer is not the same thing as you not receiving an answer. 

What is the reason some constallations are only visible in the southern hemisphere, and some only in the northern?

Jroa if this is hard then I must simplify for your own needs. Why do stars pop in and out of view below horizon when observer is moving?

If you are in the northern hemiplane, then some of the constellations that can be seen from the southern hemiplane are simply too far to see.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 05:03:36 AM »

At the risk of being called a foul name, what are you seeing when you are 90° from top or bottom of the portrait? The right and left sides of their face. How do the stars do that?
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »

What?  I gave you an answer in reply #1.  You not understanding an answer is not the same thing as you not receiving an answer. 

If you are in the northern hemiplane, then some of the constellations that can be seen from the southern hemiplane are simply too far to see.

Haha no sorry, a few thousand kilometers will have no effect at all on several light years.

Wait what? Hemisplane what is that?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:33:03 AM by Kogelblitz »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »

At the risk of being called a foul name, what are you seeing when you are 90° from top or bottom of the portrait? The right and left sides of their face. How do the stars do that?

I an not sure what you are talking about.  Star constellations can appear to be right side up, upside down, or even sideways, depending on the location you are when viewing it. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 07:35:04 AM »

Haha no sorry, a few thousand kilometers will have no effect at all on several light years.

Who said anything about light years? ???

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 07:45:24 AM »

Astronomers. By using the parallax in earth's orbit astronomers calculate different stars in our galaxy to be between a few and a hundred light years. ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:55:09 AM by Kogelblitz »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 07:57:58 AM »

Astronomers. By using the parallax in earth's orbit astronomers calculate different stars in our galaxy to be between a few and a hundred light years. ;D

Oh, I see.  You are just blindly repeating the lies you have been told. 

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 08:02:10 AM »

Not quite, this is something everyone with a telescope and some brain cells can figure out.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 08:34:34 AM »

Not quite, this is something everyone with a telescope and some brain cells can figure out.

I have a telescope packed in a box somewhere and a few brain cells.  Please, tell me how I can determine the distance to the stars.  Thanks. 

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 09:17:40 AM »

I have a telescope packed in a box somewhere and a few brain cells.  Please, tell me how I can determine the distance to the stars.  Thanks.

I am so glad you ask ;D

This guy is better at explaining than me so please watch this.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

No advanced math of physics is needed, high school level will me more than enough.
Stellar Parallax rely on one basic principle, that distances appear shorter from far away.
Example:
1. When you drive fast, close objects will appear faster than objects far away.
2. Railroad tracks seem to get closer together in the distance.
When this is understood we can use it as a tool in our physics:
The basic method is to measure the angle shift of a star as earth moves over a distance in space. You can use this angle and the distance earth has traveled. apply some fancy trigonometry and you get a rough estimate of the distance to the star. Its not hard at all, but requires a lot of dedication.

Hope this was helpful  ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:33 AM »

I am so glad you ask ;D

This guy is better at explaining than me so please watch this.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

No advanced math of physics is needed, high school level will me more than enough.
Stellar Parallax rely on one basic principle, that distances appear shorter from far away.
Example:
1. When you drive fast, close objects will appear faster than objects far away.
2. Railroad tracks seem to get closer together in the distance.
When this is understood we can use it as a tool in our physics:
The basic method is to measure the angle shift of a star as earth moves over a distance in space. You can use this angle and the distance earth has traveled. apply some fancy trigonometry and you get a rough estimate of the distance to the star. Its not hard at all, but requires a lot of dedication.

Hope this was helpful  ;D

Oh, I think I understand now.  Let me see if I get this right.

1.  You have to believe that the Earth is round and it revolves around the sun in order for this gimmick to work.

2.  You have to have "super, super accurate instruments" that none of us have, and the video even states that your own scientists barely have instruments that measure this angle to some stars, but not very many.

3.  You can throw away that telescope that you said was needed, because it is not.

4.  Have only a few brain cells and just believe what they tell you.  This seems to be the only accurate claim that you have made so far.

Does this pretty much sum it up? 

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »

1.   Still works on a flat surface. Square surface. Round surface. Spherical surface. Every surface you can stand on. And its not a gimmick, its just mathematics, but it's okay if you don't understand, I know it can be confusing.
2.   To get accurate results you need accurate instruments, to get an estimate you only need instruments. And my point was merely to show you that stars are more than a few thousand kilometers away.
3.   If you must, then I will gladly accept it, I’ll pay the shipping ;D But I must inform you that it's very hard to measure these angles with only eyes yo observe.
4.   What? No, this sums up nothing, did you watch the video?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »
I suppose you missed the part where he said that the instruments need to be, "super super accurate," because otherwise, you will not measure anything.  Or the part where he said that you can only do this for a small amount of stars.  Perhaps you should watch your own video.  Next, you will probably be spouting stuff about red shift and claiming that anyone with a few brain cells can measure it.  ::)

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »
I suppose you missed the part where he said that the instruments need to be, "super super accurate," because otherwise, you will not measure anything.  Or the part where he said that you can only do this for a small amount of stars.  Perhaps you should watch your own video.  Next, you will probably be spouting stuff about red shift and claiming that anyone with a few brain cells can measure it.  ::)

The point was not to have accurate measurements, it was to show stars are very very very far away. But I realize now that you are fooling me to derail the topic.

I hope you see, that we don't have to accept how far away stars are to answer my question.
Anyone with more brain cells than you apparently, understands that if stars disappeared when we move along earth's surface, because they got too far away to see, they would not set below the horizon but they would slowly fade away while still in the sky, of course.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »

The point was not to have accurate measurements, it was to show stars are very very very far away. But I realize now that you are fooling me to derail the topic.

I hope you see, that we don't have to accept how far away stars are to answer my question.
Anyone with more brain cells than you apparently, understands that if stars disappeared when we move along earth's surface, because they got too far away to see, they would not set below the horizon but they would slowly fade away while still in the sky, of course.

I see that you, once again, are ignoring the claim in your own video that said, "You have to have super, super accurate instruments in order to measure anything."  Why do you keep ignoring this, and keep insisting that anyone can perform these measurements? 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »
Incidentally, FWIW and this may have no bearing on this discussion. But.

Survivors in lifeboats from the Titanic disaster reported they had noticed that the stars were rising and setting on the horizon. Since they were practically at sea level at a very low height, the horizon would have appeared to be a very small distance from them.

Would this appear the same in both a flat or round earth ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »

Here is some information on paralllax
http://lcogt.net/spacebook/parallax-and-distance-measurement/

Chorus:

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 10:51:32 PM »

I see that you, once again, are ignoring the claim in your own video that said, "You have to have super, super accurate instruments in order to measure anything."  Why do you keep ignoring this, and keep insisting that anyone can perform these measurements?

Anyone can, but if course if you want accurate data you need accurate instruments. Now why don't stars fade?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »
Again, going back to the survivors on the lifeboats from the Titanic disaster.:

The reports were that they could clearly see the stars rising and setting on the horizon.
Why weren't they "fading in the distance " ?
Are you accusing them of also being liars ?

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 04:20:40 PM »

Anyone can, but if course if you want accurate data you need accurate instruments. Now why don't stars fade?

It's not just about accuracy, it is also about detection.  If you can't detect something, then why would you harp on about accuracy? 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »

Please don't make yourself look so dumb.
3D is 3 dimensions:
1.Height
2.Width
3.Depth

If you are looking at something from the front you can't see the back. Unless you have X-Ray Vision like Superman.

You can see the sides or the top or the bottom of the back side of something, but not the back side of the back side if you are looking at something from the front of that something. Whether you can see one side or the other or the top or bottom of something depends on your point of view.

Your eyes can see 3D because you have 2 eyes. 3D or stereoptical cameras have 2 lenses spaced approximately the same distance apart as your eyes. Each lens sees what your eyes see and takes 2 slightly different pictures.When viewed through a special viewer or projected with a special projector these 2 different pictures are combined to give a 3D effect, just as your 2 eyes combine so that you see in 3D.

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »

Oh I see.....Are you now saying the astronomers are liars ?

Chorus: